2022.12.0 Update is the worst yet

Well you also have a ton of alexa errors from automations, I don’t think that would block it.

Yes. You don’t really have a choice, one of them is breaking the system and you need to figure out which one it is.

so, this is a good example for complaints about an HA update - where the devs aren’t responsible at all.

WARNING: We found a custom integration alexa_media which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration aarlo which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration fullykiosk which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration alarmo which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration reolink_rest which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration truenas which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration ui_lovelace_minimalist which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration emporia_vue which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration reolink_dev which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration reolink_discovery which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration sonoff which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration shelly which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration localtuya which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
WARNING: We found a custom integration govee which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant

In this case, either one - or multiple custom integrations are causing the sysetm to not starting up correctly.
I cannot say for sure, which one it is - but from the error logs, the TrueNAS integration seems the most likely one.

If it is not the TrueNAS, then I would continue to disable the integrations / or remove them completely until the system is comming back again.

And please keep in mind:
Even if I know - that HA with only core options isn’t as usefull as it COULD be, custom integrations are always a risk and might cause issues.

Compatibility issues with custom integrations are not within the response of the core-dev team, but from the maintainers of the integration.

If it is really the case, that your system is going down that many times, I would consider to wait with updates of the core - until updates from your custom integrations are available that might fix compatibility issues.

Or, at least, having a second installation for evaluating updates… this second installation should run the same integrations as your productive system - and should receive the updates first… to asure, that everything is working until you update your productive system

1 Like

Great points you make here Christoph:
I believe with such an open system like HA is, it is imperative that the core can handle a failed third party module, and if there is an issue, just not load it. I believe that HA was built to be open, with multiple developers adding to it constantly, but things break, I know that.

In my situation, I certainly believe it is something that I added, but I am using the sytem the best way I know, for example, I did not purchase the Ecobee thermostats in my house - they were here… but there is a third party integration for them. in my last house I had homeauto.com - later purchased by Leviton, it was a great system, but you could only use devices that they supported - think Apple vs. Microsoft here… it is a different mindset.

I would appreciate to see that when HA core is unable to perform an operation becuase of a config/failed module/etc. It drops that module and continues. In my case, the Overview dashboard failed to load - that is important to the main functionality in my view.

I remain a dedicated FAN of Home Assistant…

I am working in a company that is creating production relevant software for companies like VW, BMW, GM, and others.

One thing is important to know for such kind of Software - and - considering what HA can do … it is valid for HA, too:

Whenever a component will run into an issue - or can’t be loaded - the whole software needs to go into STOP to prevent to be in an “unknown” state where no one really knows what the outcome might be.
That will allow that an issue will be recognized immediately - and then, you can work on fixing it.

But anyway - I know, that HA isn’t behaving in that way always - there are plenty of examples where the system could boot / load and issues remain unknown until a certain time when “something” didn’t work as expected.
With custom integrations, that’s even harder to catch…

Release 2022.12.07 seems to have fixed everything… Overview dashboard is back, seems more stable… lots of releases in the middle there, but great work to all… Looking fantastic now…