2022.12 Color states are broken/unusable

Hi! So this is working for you, using template entity row, to have the icons light up with your chosen color when they are active?

Thanks for the ongoing replies, I will follow up on the ideas suggested.

But I suppose I was really hoping it would be as easy as setting multiple colours in the gauge card as shown in this image:

Any way of asking if that could be included in a future release please?

I have just raised a Feature Request under Frontend to see if we can choose colours for on and off for each binary sensor history graph card:

Fingers crossed and Season’s Greetings.

I think you could accomplice your desired “View” using “history-explorer-card”, where you can choose/change colors, in a single-panel-view or grid, what ever suits you.

I know this is also mentioned “few” posts above, but you might have missed it, as it’s now 13days ago

example of Full Panel View:

ehh, yes? that’s what I wrote?

yes, file a FR at home-assistant/frontend · Discussions · GitHub just like you did here :wink:

wait, never mind, thats the same FR. Sorry.
otoh, you should really vote for it yourself…

Thank you. Sorry for the dumb question, it’s a long thread and I missed some details.

Sooo… I just set the value of paper-item-icon-active-color to ‘#FFC107’ in that custom Theme posted earlier in this thread and it fixed the template entity row icon colors for me.

I think there should be also a different color for a different state of the alarm control panel. For night, at home, away and disarmed.

3 Likes

In your solution, are the listed states for the “Classic” theme all the new changes to the colors for the front-end? I want to be sure I am adjusting all of my themes that I created correctly. I’d rather not revert to an old backup after I attempt this update again

Does anyone knows when they are going to fill the following state?

state-lock-unlocked-color: ‘#ff8000

It’s the only one I still can not modify since this horrible UI update…

might have lost it in the huge amount of comments, but please have a look at:

where the graph nicely colors green/red(ish), but the bullets in the logbook are not in sync with that. This is so ugly and distracting. Why not have the logbook sync with the colors set in the graph?

Should we set an explicit color in those logbooks too?

You are using a custom history graph, have you checked a “normal” more-info?

uhm, need to figure out how to do that again :wink:

btw, I did see the show more leads to this:

which is even worse, and that is also true for the default theme colors:

where we previously had nice coloring in Logbook, this now has disappeared too?

edit

found it again, had to u hide the selector…

uiLayout:
#       toolbar: hide
#       selector: hide

and yes that is back to the same colors for both.

theme the on color for binary:

How did you get the climate controls in the Tile Card? It looks nice!

Same here. It’d be nice to get back different colors for “armed away” and “armed home”.

2 Likes

It’s not the tile card. That’s the climate variety of Mushroom

Thanks! I wonder how I could’ve missed Mushroom…

OK, this discussion is WAY too techy/geeky for me! :slight_smile:

That said, before recently (2022.12 ???) my dashboard that shows which lights are currently on in my house worked fine (blue was off and yellow was on).

NOW lights still work, but switches remain blue at all times.
Is this related to this conversation? Or am I missing something somewhere?

Thank you!

It is not related, it IS the discussion.
If you look at the solution post above and around that one it will give you the template what you need to fix the colors.