2022.12: It does matter!

You can’t possibly know less about css than me.

2 Likes

How big is your database?

I don’t know, how would I determine that? I use MariaDB Addon.

I only keep 14 days of data though for things I do store.

Rolling back to 2022.10.5 cures it so I don’t think it would be a database issue? I’m also not alone. Github issue: Filter broken in 2022.11 · Issue #81989 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Thread where I was recommended to open the issue: After 2022.11 filters broken

You’re the only other person aside from me who has this issue from what I’ve seen. I can’t pinpoint the issue

I don’t suppose there is any way to troubleshoot it? Or if there’s a way to selectively purge the filter data or something from the DB if you think that would be the problem?

I would prefer to not have to lose all my history, but its also not the end of the world if that’s the solution - as long as it doesn’t just come back again. I’m not sure I understand how history plays a part in it though what would have changed between 2022.10.5 and 2022.11+

I don’t know, I’ve only put about 5 minutes looking into it. It only takes about a minute for mine to load. When I get back in town I might take a bigger look.

I have 6 months of history, I just attributed it to that. Seeing that you have 14 days, I don’t think it’s that but it might be related.

Oh wow, yeah mine went from like 15 seconds to 10 minutes, and then after loading it appears to still not work properly (filters were flat-lined).

I thought I could suck up and just wait it out but it actually still didn’t work properly (flat-line) after waiting it out and letting it run a few hours.

Here’s the 24 hour graph of filtered temperatures in part of my house - you can see the portion of the day I was running 2022.12 vs 2022.10.5, and when I rolled back again.

Ever since i’ve upgraded to 2022.12 (and continues in 2022.12.1) I have a warning in my notifications after a restart which I cannot figure out.

```
Logger: homeassistant.config
Source: config.py:508
First occurred: 11:13:14 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:13:14

Invalid config for [automation]: Invalid trigger configuration. Got OrderedDict([(‘default_config’, {}), (‘homeassistant’, OrderedDict([(‘customize’, OrderedDict([(‘sensor.afvalwijzer_gft’, OrderedDict([(‘entity_picture’, ‘/local/groen_large.png’)])), (‘sensor.afvalwijzer_papier’, OrderedDict([(‘entity_picture’, ‘/local/papier_large.png’)])), (‘sensor.afvalwijzer_pmd’, OrderedDict([(‘entity_picture’, ‘/local/plastic_large.png’)])), (‘sensor.afvalwijzer_restafval’, OrderedDict([(‘entity_picture’, ‘/local/rest_large.png’)])), (‘sensor.benzineprijs_fietsen_olie’… (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 31).
```
It referes to line 31 of my config.yaml, but that just the empty line before automations.yaml, so not really a good piece of information. See:

```

automation: !include automations.yaml
```

I have checked all recently created automations and they all seem to be working just fine. I just don’t know where to check / look. Any pointers of where to look? Is it really a trigger config? I just don’t know.

watchmen found some issues, i’ll first sort them.

I have lost all the colours in my history graph:

It worked up until the latest update:

Try this thread.

I think I’ve broken the Local Calendar already.
I’m currently using the HACS integration “Anniversaries” to store key dates and it made sense to switch this to the new native capability.
I tried adding one birthday. I used the actual D.o.B, repeat annually and never ends.
First, it showed up four times. And it appeared weekly, not annually.
I deleted three of the events - including all future events. But the fourth won’t delete.
I tried deleting the calendar itself and then recreating it with the same name.
But the event that would not delete still shows up.
I deleted the calendar again. The event still shows up.
Are there any logs or info I can provide to help resolve this?

Also, there doesn’t appear to be any way to easily navigate the calendar to a specific date.
Using the < > is a PITA if you want to skip weeks, months or years…

Same issue here…
And: With a template sensor I can set defaults via |float(0) in order to avoid the sensor becoming unavailable in case a source sensor becomes unavailable. Seems not possible with this new helper, right?
Maybe we need a separate thread for this!?

@pmgsrosa I just learned that one can add these attributes via the “States” Dev tool. :smile: Both last_reset and device_class can be set this way!

Ok, yes commenting on myself… Apologize for the whining. Still not looking forward to the effort this will cause, but the dynamic color will be great enhancement after some growing pain. Who knows, maybe I’ll learn something along the way.

2 Likes

They won’t survive a restart. Use Manual Customization.

1 Like

I see… thanks… :frowning:

Around SmartThings’ really bad UI design by Samsung maybe. :laughing:

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: 2022.12: Scrape and scan interval