2022.12: It does matter!

Wait, proximity sensors show the distance in meters of the device tracker or person from a zone and recalculate anytime that device tracker or person does right? On a decent length drive I would expect hat to update as frequently as your phone reports in. And it doesnt look like you have a time throttle on there so are you sure it’s not polling too frequently?

You might want to consider adding a condition like one of the ones I showed here to add a time throttle and ensure it’s never able to run too frequently. Even if one of those devices starts reporting in faster then expected for some reason.

Sure will.
Thx

The thing however is, that this has been working like this since forever, even when an additional 3 person trackers were involved

Currently only 3 are tracked and they were all stationary .

So this can’t be my trigger entities over triggering the automation ?

Once my instance of 2022.12.2 initializes, one of the python processes never stops churning away. It never drops below 40% of one core. This did not happen previously.

Anyone else seeing this?

1 Like

Update: seems to be fixed in 2022.12.4, thank you!

Same problem here since update to 2022.12.3
Not quite 100% but high, constant CPU usage by home assistant:

PID UTIL.     PR  NI    VIRT    RES    SHR S  **%CPU**  %MEM    TEMPS+ COM.

248916 root 20 0 765696 338216 59860 S 17,6 4,2 17:23.61 python3 -m homeassistant --config /config

1 Like

Apparently devs decided what colors we need to use?
Would be better they just made a tool to let use define the colors ourselves. I know, you can still change colors, but a simple theme editor would be nice. A leave the choice up to the users. And, … Let each dashboard have it’s own theme.
I have dashboards that are used mostly on PC, but also a dashboard special for my mobile…

Just in case you are not aware: You can set already a different theme for each individual view of a dashboard. So the last point was already possible before…if you define or import different themes.

What I find really really good is the option to modify name, area and icon in the UI for an entity if it has an unique id. It’s so easy and user friendly that I don’t understand that this functionality can’t be used to set up the colours for the entity as well. In general there are no more then 4 states (on, off, unavailable, unknown). I hope our Devs read this :pray:. That would be for me the ultimate solution. The (custom) themes set the global colours and you modify the entity colours to your liking to suit your dashboard.

I am still on 2022.11.5 because the updates after are still a small disaster to me.

2 Likes

hello,

same boat : 2022.12.3 doesnt fix high CPU usage for me, usually my nuc8i5 is at 6% and now 12%.

is there a fix for that to be prepared?

thanks

Just FYI: There are entities/domains that have a lot more than only 4 states, e.g. media players and vaccums come to mind.

so this doesnt get buried in a sidetracked topic, the title of the somewhat subjective I dislike the 2022.12 color changes has been changed to the more succint 2022.12 Color states are broken/unusable

We feel it is important this is discussed in a broader context of community members.

8 Likes

puzzling here, would it be feasible to write that condition so it doesnt retrigger within a set timeframe, per trigger entity?

I mean, if a trigger moves around a bit, but the others are only infrequent travelers, Id want the condition to count for the one that changed a lot, and be sparse in updating, but do allow the less frequent trigger entity to cause an update

edit

it would need to fallback to indivual last_changed ?

{{(now() - trigger.from_state.last_changed).total_seconds() >
           states('input_number.presence_timer')|int(default=60)}}

or, simply:

- >
        {{(now() - trigger.from_state.last_changed).total_seconds() > 600}}

I guess, and no longer use the this.last_triggered? (btw, that should be this.attributes.last_triggered shouldn’t it?)

There’s already a fix in for the off state colour. Fix binary sensor color when off by piitaya · Pull Request #14735 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

1 Like

From another side, this is an open source project where everybody (devs, testers, users-who-help-and-share-solutions, moderators, …) are doing this for free. And everyone should just respect each other and listen to others’ opinions. And may be people should not be strict to some particular person(-s), everyone can make an error, just keep on moving.

7 Likes

This is also a commercial enterprise, so not everybody in this project is working for free.

1 Like

There’s also our code of conduct.

8 Likes

For sure. As I said in general. The guys were be able to make nice drop lists when you make an automation or script with the possible states. I would say that also can be used for setting a colour to them…

Still on 2022.11.5. This mornings update had nothing to offer on colour settings. I keep hoping :pray:

For all who are willing to update to latest core 2022.12.4 and expecting to climate color state be fixed: it’s still unfixed, rolling back to 2022.11.5, again.

Why is icon_color not working for Tile card? How to control color for the icons?

Yep.

Including this point. Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience

6 Likes

Filed a bug at core because of broken bundled frontend version.