2022.12: It does matter!

history-graph no longer showing a key/names of the entities?
show_names: false seems to be the new default, true was default before, as per History Graph Card - Home Assistant

1 Like

I figured it out. The event must be added in the calendar on the sidebar, it is not possible on the tab.

yes, that seems the case, missed that in #beta.

PR made

update

see: correction for show_names: default value by Mariusthvdb Ā· Pull Request #25193 Ā· home-assistant/home-assistant.io Ā· GitHub
it was a bug

Great to see the Integrating of Sensirionā€™s BLE protocol. The CO2 dongle is cheap with reliable measurements.

Adding events to the local calendar is only through the UI? Or can I also do this scripted?

Thanks for the feedbacks for new color system.

During the State of the Open Home, we presented a new concept of dashboard and it was really well received : Link the the concept.

Why we do this change ?

We started by adding color to tile card (and there is very good feedbacks on Mushroom card for this).
Before the update, it was not possible de change the color based of state and domain. We saw that many people relies of third party card to change color (e.g. card_mod, custom-uiā€¦). We want to offer this by default so people donā€™t have to install third party scripts that can be broken at every release.

Also, the history was using random colors. Now you can have an complete overview of your devices.

What can I do if I donā€™t like the new color ?

You can do feedbacks here and explain why you donā€™t like it with respect. We are all human and we donā€™t do changes just to break your things by pleasure.

I already saw very good feedbacks :

• binary sensor color : we chose color for binary sensor because itā€™s the Home Assistant primary color. I agree, the contrast is not good why the default lovelace color (dark blue). We will fix that issue.
  • binary sensor device class : window/door not consider as security device.
  • lock color : locked/unlocked color
  • person color : not home color consistency
16 Likes

Great release, I love the features addition on the tile cards! Would be great if next to a light intensity feature, also a color temp feature would become available!

They can be added from the calendar panel. There is an ā€œAdd Eventā€ button.

That is a bug, that I already fixed yesterday: Restore correct default legend behavior for history graph card by spacegaier Ā· Pull Request #14612 Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub

For now the workaround is to add show_names: true in the card config.

Someone was faster than me :slight_smile:

please also consider the heating color? not sure how to, maybe have a device_class: heating?

in any case a heating heater shouldnā€™t be blue :wink:

second, please point us to the color var used for the regular ā€˜onā€™ state, so we can adapt that in hour themes.
The doors currently are blue, but when I check frontend/ha-style.ts at efda2ab626ff59e5937d67cea50e7a0886635b5e Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub the state-on-color is ā€˜66a61eā€™, which is green.

same goes for a regular binary_sensor (no class set), which we had following the regular color scheme for on, and now also shows blue, where the actuator, the boolean above does show the correct ā€˜Onā€™ color:

using this in my theme:

state-switch-color: '#ffd700'
  state-automation-color: '#ffd700'
  state-cover-color: '#ffd700'
  state-fan-color: '#ffd700'
  state-light-color: '#ffd700'
  state-person-home-color: '#008000'
  badge-person-not-home-color: '#636B75'
  state-person-zone-color: '#800080'

I would have hoped to to follow the state-switch-color. Or, that is what I want (it was me former active color)

edit

found the binary color in frontend/ha-style.ts at efda2ab626ff59e5937d67cea50e7a0886635b5e Ā· home-assistant/frontend Ā· GitHub and set it now to the same colors:

state-switch-color: '#ffd700'
  state-automation-color: '#ffd700'
  state-cover-color: '#ffd700'
  state-fan-color: '#ffd700'
  state-light-color: '#ffd700'
  state-binary-sensor-color: '#ffd700'
  state-person-home-color: '#008000'
  badge-person-not-home-color: '#636B75'
  state-person-zone-color: '#800080'

only to now see more clearly, the boolean does not follow the same color scheme as a switch apparently? It is still the ā€˜amberā€™ color.

So, now go looking for the boolean variableā€¦

same file, a bit deeperā€¦added state-input-boolean-color: '#ffd700' now too, and the view is back to where it was before:

2 Likes

Still get this error:

Unable to find service device_tracker.see

Automation:
alias: Homekit after Homeassistant Startup
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: homeassistant
    event: start
condition: []
action:
  - data_template:
      dev_id: homekit_doppelherz
      location_name: |
        {% if is_state('input_boolean.doppelherzhome', 'on') %}
          home
        {% else %}
          not_home
        {% endif %}
    service: device_tracker.see
mode: parallel
initial_state: true
max: 10

Shelly and MQTT devices stopped working :frowning:

Manually configured MQTT sensor(s) found under platform key 'sensor', please move to the mqtt integration key, see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor.mqtt/#new_format
Manually configured MQTT cover(s) found under platform key 'cover', please move to the mqtt integration key, see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/cover.mqtt/#new_format
Manually configured MQTT light(s) found under platform key 'light', please move to the mqtt integration key, see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/light.mqtt/#new_format
Manually configured MQTT switch(s) found under platform key 'switch', please move to the mqtt integration key, see https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/switch.mqtt/#new_format

This does not yet support your idea: https://analytics.home-assistant.io/

1 Like

How does one activate the Bluetooth Proxy on Shelly Plus 1?

I am running 0.12 on the Shelly and HA 2022.12

@louisp you can go the the device panel and click configure

1 Like

What the device class of your binary sensor? We will change the blue for binary sensor.

For binary sensor you have 2 variables :

• state-binary-sensor-color
  • state-binary-sensor-alerting-color

Had to select the Device first, then Configure!

Thanks

1 Like

Love the new colours!!

3 Likes

it has none:

currently there is no applicable binary device_class to use I am afraid.

I probably need to go back to custom-ui to do:

binary_sensor.opentherm_heating:
      templates:
        icon_color: >
          return (state === 'on') ? 'var(--alert-color)' : 'var(--primary-color)';

unless Core frontend would introduce state color in the config

setting that on the heaters now with:

binary_sensor.opentherm_heating:
      <<: &alert_color
        templates:
            icon_color: >
              return (state === 'on') ? 'var(--alert-color)' : 'var(--primary-color)';

binary_sensor.opentherm_dhw_state:
      <<: *alert_color

binary_sensor.opentherm_flame_state:
      <<: *alert_color

and bring back:

given the fact only my single climate entity already has 3 heating binaries, I would think many users have many of these. Introducing a new class for that would be justifiable.

@piitaya of the other colors that come to mind, I feel --rgb-state-update-color: var(--rgb-green-color); would need adjustment too:

an available update requires an action. Green would indicate all is fine, and no action is required. In the current color settings, the best would be the alert color. Hence maybe add update device_class to the alerting binaries?