2022.12: It does matter!

Why do different device trackers get different colors for the “home” state? Pveviously they were both green/red, now one is blue/grey and the other is green/grey:

The same color differences apply to the person state (home/not home), above screenshot is the raw device tracker entities. I would expect these two entities use the same pair of colors because they are both the identical type of sensor, they even result from the exact identical brand of hardware (Companion app on Samsung S10) for both devices / Persons shown in the screenshot above.

Why is this and how can I change it back to make it uniform and consistent again?

4 Likes

hm… I’ve created three local calendars yesterday:

• my personal one
  • one for my wife
  • one for both of us together

grafik

I’ve also created an entry for the third one (together / Gemeinsam)…
When I had a look into the calendar today, the third one was gone:

grafik

Only my personal one, the one from my wife - and the default one from the waste scheduler are visible…

In the developer tools, I can see, that the calendar is unavailable:

It seems, that the calendar cannot handle some letters in an appointment - in this case the “ü”

Logger: homeassistant.components.calendar
Source: components/local_calendar/calendar.py:44
Integration: Kalender (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:45:37 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:45:37
Error while setting up local_calendar platform for calendar

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 281, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/local_calendar/calendar.py", line 44, in async_setup_entry
    calendar = IcsCalendarStream.calendar_from_ics(ics)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ical/calendar_stream.py", line 69, in calendar_from_ics
    stream = cls.from_ics(content)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ical/calendar_stream.py", line 51, in from_ics
    components = parse_content(content)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ical/parsing/component.py", line 91, in parse_content
    token_results = parse_contentlines(lines)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ical/parsing/parser.py", line 100, in parse_contentlines
    return [parser.parse_string(line, parse_all=True) for line in lines if line]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/ical/parsing/parser.py", line 100, in <listcomp>
    return [parser.parse_string(line, parse_all=True) for line in lines if line]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/pyparsing/core.py", line 1141, in parse_string
    raise exc.with_traceback(None)
pyparsing.exceptions.ParseException: Expected end of text, found 'ü'  (at char 20), (line:1, col:21)

Which seems to be an issue with character-sets / code-pages ?

1 Like

On my pi4 I cannot install matter Server because it is not supported by my OS and/or processor. Can. Somebody elaborate on that? I do not have HaOS installed - will this be mandatory even on the future?

Thanks, I did see that. I also saw this was a known issue during beta, unfortunate there was no mention of this in breaking changes.

It`s greateful! Thanks for all people developer team!

Please open issue on Github so we can debug it :slightly_smiling_face:
I do not have issue on my side.

Music assistant is a custom component. Custom components are developed by some users on their free time, it can take more time to have it compatible with the HA version.

1 Like

Nice release!

The tile cards with the feature options is a good improvement.

But one thing should be nice to have when you use the slider of brightness of a light, that the percentage is updated realtime when sliding to left/right.

Fix for that is already on its way. I commented in your raised issue.

1 Like

It’s most likely the encoding on the ics file in .storage that contains your calendar events. You can edit the file and remove the character, reload the calendar, and it should work. That’s how I’ve been editing my events

1 Like

Well I had the same thing but the strangest thing happened that all colours returned back to ‘normal’ while I was using HA…!?

Let me know if I am the only one experiencing this?

agreed very odd behavior:

(Jtc is a zone obviously …) but changing from a zone to home doesn’t not change the color to green. Also notice the fact the person entities dont get the same Home color…

especially considering the colors are expliticly set in the theme:

state-person-home-color: '#008000'
  badge-person-not-home-color: '#636B75'
  state-person-zone-color: '#800080'

which does seem to work on the person badges.

The not_home color in the history-graph however, is not the grey I configure in the theme

1 Like

New colors are great with the new tile card but not with “older cards” like the glance card. I mixed doors with windows and covers and my dashboard looks like a child toy with all these different colors 🫣😆 (was only blue and yellow before)
My only option now is to disable color based on state but everything is blue now… hard to see what is on and what is off

2 Likes

Found the issue. I pushed a fix : Fixes state history colors edge cases by piitaya · Pull Request #14626 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub

3 Likes

this a bug?

disabled the Local calendar:

Scherm­afbeelding 2022-12-08 om 11.42.19

yet Calendar still shows in the left side menu:

albeit without a calendar name listed, the actual events I made earlier are still no longer displayed.
There is no way we can get it to not show in the Dashboard menu, so, how do I do that

thanks. confess I dont grasp what that PR does just yet, but have faith you have fixed it :wink: cool, thanks for the swift and immediate action!

wait, I see it now, last state was always used. the PR should fix that per entity in the graph. And because showing several entities in 1 graph, it was as if the same state was colored differently on another entity/person. that should be fixed too then. Nice.

Yes, this was already deprecated in 2022.6 (so 6 months ago) and is now broken.

See the breaking change in the changelogs of 2022.12:

YAML configuration of MQTT entities under the platform key (e.g., light), which was deprecated in Home Assistant Core 2022.6, is no longer supported. The configuration must instead be done under the mqtt key.

The legacy MQTT device tracker is no longer supported. See the documentation for the supported MQTT device tracker configuration.

As of this release, you should now use the modern configuration schema for all manually configured MQTT entities. Please note that this does not impact MQTT discovery, for example, Zigbee2MQTT.

(@jbouwh - #82102) (documentation)

Upgrade was smooth and quick as normal.

As a long-time user of Mushrooms I love the direction we are going, but i have to admit the change in colours did catch me out and took a while to fix. Detailing the exact css that needed modified would have been helpful, having the colour configurable on the frontend would have been better! :wink:

3 Likes

Great release again! :+1:

Is it possible to edit an event in the calendar?
As far as I can see it’s only possible to delete the event…

You can vote for it here.

1 Like