2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

I added " diagnostics: " to my configuration and it appeared.
The documentation is currently incomplete as it should have this line. (also the new ‘input_button’ is still not in the documentation)

1 Like

Running Supervised, not HAOS, saw a toast with ‘updates refreshed’ when trying it out.

I think it’s time to migrate to something else, that’s the most borked releease ever made.

• blocks if not linux/OSX
  • netatmo → down
  • ZHA → down
  • cast → down

For myself:

I don’t use all integrations (like the ‘my’, ‘media_source’, ‘usb’, etc.). If those integrations don’t load, they won’t take memory and won’t interfere with anything.
Ideally I could also disable support for other stuff (or at least hide) I don’t use (so it doesn’t show in the Setting menu’s. Stuff like Blueprints and Tags))

Yes I do use MQTT (it’s a Sonos RF Bridge with Tasmota). I’ll look into it, thank you.

Use strategy 2 :

1 Like

Running a relatively standard config with a Conbee2 and supported integrations and add-ons, I can report back that my update went smooth. Great job and big thanks!

Based on the log I removed the configuration.yaml entities that where moved to the UI and all seems fine.

Perhaps in the 2022.2.1 one can add ‘last triggerd’ as a column in scenes too, just for constancy (and a quick insight on the trigger timestamps) :smiley:

I last tinkered with MQTT like two years ago, I completely forgot where I set the retain flags. Setting Retain: true in configuration.yaml is not permitted for binary_sensor entities.

Same here… no zwave lights via my Zooz Switches. I haven’t migrated because every time I do it seems like such a hassle to have to go and figure out how to rebuild that network at each switch.

Looks like the Media changes broke my Jellyfin custom integration.
Was there developer breaking changes regarding media documented somewhere?

Thank you but that looks like a lot of work for a non-developer like me (lots of room for error), and I’m also not convinced it would work for things like Lovelace badges (I have doors and windows in there).

Also, Setup failed for python_script: Integration failed to initialize.

Is there any other way to use the retain flag? Simply adding it to config.yaml results in [retain] is an invalid option for [binary_sensor.mqtt]

• platform: mqtt
    state_topic: “tele/rfbridge/RESULT”
    name: ‘Greta door’
    value_template: “{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}”
    payload_on: “A21B5E”
    payload_off: “A21B57”
    qos: 1
    retain: true
    device_class: door

Thanks!

yaml configuration should remain… imagine having many devices, i could update the configuration in a second using yaml. thanks

3 Likes

Configuration of what?

Goodbye!!!

4 Likes

Netatmo working fine here after upgrade from 12.10 so it’s you rather than the system.

Maybe try looking in / posting your logs, etc and you’ll likely get help / insight on here…not sure a rant is going to help you 🤷🏻

1 Like

I’d the same error when checking but took the plunge to upgrade…had a backup so what’s the worst that could happen :thinking:

Thankfully all went fine so seems nothing to worry about :+1:t2:

@janinho think this might help you too as you’ve posted same error msg to thread

4 Likes

Me too. Clearly something to do with the dropping of support for Python 3.8 but the release notes say:

"Python 3.8 support dropped

Python 3.8 support has previously been deprecated and now has been removed. Home Assistant now requires Python 3.9 to run.

If you are using Home Assistant OS, Home Assistant Container, or Home Assistant Supervised installation method, you don’t have to do anything. In those cases, we handle this all for you. Your system has been using Python 3.9 for quite some time already."

Doesn’t look like it is all handled?

See my msg directly above yours :+1:t2:

1 Like

the new Zone state feature was pulled, because in the beta discussion arose on several features and lack thereof. Paulus stated it will be done, and back, but only when properly thought through and implemented. see I zone, you zone, we zoning by balloob · Pull Request #65344 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

As Frenck siad it:

We had quite the discussion yesterday, and there are multiple solutions possible, but all would imply either many last minute changes OR a possible breaking change again next release
thus we reverted the zone state for now, as neither case is a wishful situation
This gives the opportunity to look at the possible solutions better, test it in dev, tweak, give it a new beta test and release it next month

in general…

2 Likes