2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Similar issue with the legacy z-wave integration here, jasco dimmers, fibaro RGBW controller, bunch of stuff did not come up correctly. I restored my vm snapshot to roll back to 2021.12.10

logs had a bunch of this in it:

2022-02-04 10:22:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error adding entities for domain light with platform zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 514, in _async_add_entity
capabilities=entity.capability_attributes,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 834, in capability_attributes
if supported_features & SUPPORT_EFFECT:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'
2022-02-04 10:22:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 514, in _async_add_entity
capabilities=entity.capability_attributes,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 834, in capability_attributes
if supported_features & SUPPORT_EFFECT:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'
2022-02-04 10:24:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py", line 80, in _run
self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py", line 93, in do_update
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 526, in async_write_ha_state
raise NoEntitySpecifiedError(
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity Jasco Products 12729 3-Way Dimmer Switch Level
2022-02-04 10:25:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py", line 93, in do_update
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 526, in async_write_ha_state
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity FIBARO System FGRGBWM441 RGBW Controller Level
2022-02-04 10:25:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity FIBARO System FGRGBWM441 RGBW Controller Level

similar issues reported on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/siwokr/comment/hvctajw/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Does this fall under the “wont fix” since the integration is deprecated and is the end of the line for the normal zwave integration?

I am not sure if anyone else is getting this but after this update I started getting the word “My” added to my site tab over and over. Just thought I would bring it up. It restarts if you refresh the pages.

Untitled

Untitled2

2 Likes

I’m sure that your scenario was an oversight in the change. Nobody is trying to cheat you.

But if you’re really feeling that ripped off PM me your paypal and I’ll personally send you the $4.50

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this new release, full of great changes!

However, I fail to see the change to binary sensors, with the addition of the ‘unknown’ state, as an improvement. I don’t see what it fixes. But I see what it breaks: I have a lot of motion binary sensors that are event-triggered templates, and I am not happy to see all these sensors displaying this ‘unknow’ state, waiting for a first trigger to occur.

If this change cannot be reconsidered (again, what does it fix?), could you please consider adding a parameter to the template entities for a starting/assumed state?

2 Likes

Petro, really?

This is the way?

1 Like

There are a number of users who don’t want to see the constant bickering and asked to split the thread. I happily obliged.

You’re welcome to continue the conversation here.

11 Likes

Why post this here?
This has nothing to do with the update.
Send an email to Nabu Casa instead, “nobody” on this forum can help you anyways.

1 Like

Is there a similar thread for works with nest being deprecated and how to explore how to relocate that integration as a custom integration in a separate thread?
I noticed that my comments, which are only about WWN, were moved to the GPIO thread…

That was probably a mistake on my part, I had to go through 500 posts. Please flag the post (and replies) and a new thread can be created

2 Likes

The version sensor is also updated by itself, not only by trigger.

So the input_button only triggers?
No single_press, double press, long_press, release ,… events, like physical buttons have?

A missed opportunity!

2 Likes

Yes, which is once every 5 minutes atm.

they were split into separate sensors, iirc it was source and something else. I believe both are redundant now that they are separate sensors

If you believe it would add value to the Lovelace UI, submit a Feature Request or, if you have the requisite development skills, submit a PR.

Sure no probs I guessed it was bulk action thing.

1 Like

Loving the Spotify integration with “Media”!

Unfortunately the playlists are limited to 100 tracks
When i click on “Albums” there is nothing there
When i click on “tracks” there is nothing there
It looks like the API endpoints are not correctly set, and for the playlists the limit is set to 100
Somebody knows how i can edit that myself?

My fault, I posted about it and then realized that the sensor is again unavailable - so no attributes were there.
If the sensor is available, then it has attributes:

The new Media stuff is nice but is it going to get Search in the future? Without it it’s still more of a show-off feature than anything for anyone with more than a handful of albums or playlists.

1 Like

That’s what I already have… Kinda… This is my template.
Still nothing in electricity…

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "EspSparsnasGateway/+/state"
    name: "House power usage"
    unit_of_measurement: "W"
    state_class: total_increasing
    value_template: "{{ float(value_json.watt) | round(0) }}"
    icon: mdi:lightning-bolt-circle
    device_class: power

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: "EspSparsnasGateway/+/state"
    name: "House energy usage"
    unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
    state_class: total_increasing
    value_template: "{{ float(value_json.total) | round(0) }}"
    icon: mdi:lightning-bolt-circle
    device_class: energy

Do you also notice the limitation on the playlists? Max 100 songs.

state_class for W needs to be measurement. Other than that it looks ok but i am not familiar eith mqtt sensors for energy. I suggest you create new topic or github issue if it still doesn’t work.