2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

I’m having the same problem: “Home Assistant only supports Linux, OSX and Windows using WSL” running for years on FreeBSD, going back to Homeassistant Core 2021.12.10 for now.

1 Like

Just tried, I get a 405

indeed strange, if i revert back to 2021 , i get 405 too , if i update i get 404

Looks like you can add --ignore-os-check to the hass command-line to ignore this newly introduced check.

You’ll get the error if uname -s doesn’t start with “linux” or “darwin”.

2 Likes

I also want to give my opinion on the RPI GPIO issue, even if it has already been discussed indefinitely, because it is right that the HA community knows how we make the Home Assistant system work.
After having taken a sound anger and after having disposed of it slowly by reading the various posts I would like to have my say.

I understand the reasons for the deprecation. For those like me (and there are so many) who are not able to help with the software (age, training, time) but have dedicated themselves to developing their own PCB boards and automatisms with the most disparate chips and successfully integrating them in HA …it was a really bad surprise.

Unfortunately there is no going back but the suggestion and effort that I ask the developers and those who work on the HA software is this:
help those like me, with practical tutorials and examples, to proceed with the conversion with the various alternatives. This will make the angry ones happy and earn their HA reputation.

Sure it will be an extra effort on the part of those who work hard to keep the system up to date.
Such a radical change deserves a special approach.
Hi everyone

4 Likes

Do you have any idea how to check the load of each individual service/component to ‘troubleshoot’ ? The CPU load has definitely doubled or even tripled since I upgraded to 2022.2 and CPU temperature is about 75°C now. It used to be in the lower 60°C previously …

Not integrated as you want, but I use this: Custom_component: breaking_changes

I feel cheated by Nabu Casa! Following their announcement that PayPal payments will stop soon, I just today changed the payment method of my account that I have since autumn 2019 over to GPay.
The effect out of that: instead of continuing with 5 USD for the next 3 months, I’ll be charged with 6,50 USD starting next month. I am treated like someone who just started a try-out period!
Really, I’m very upset by this way of cheating!
I didn’t close my account, I just changed the payment.
Well, my strong recommendation to everybody is to wait until the last day possible before you change over to a different payment method.
The way it happened for me is definitely not the way Nabu Casa shall treat long term customers!

But really - don’t change anything because you think it may be good to do! Just wait until you really have to!

I’m very disappointed!

Same problem here. RPi4 + Home Assistant OS 7.2. After updating to 2022.2.0, the CPU load is now 12-20%. Previously it was 5-8%. When I downgraded to 2021.12.10, it returned to 5-8% as before.

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming !
I hope the developer team is looking into that issue !

1 Like

I removed from HACS and then updated. All my devices survived and the integration seems to be working just fine.

Similar issue with the legacy z-wave integration here, jasco dimmers, fibaro RGBW controller, bunch of stuff did not come up correctly. I restored my vm snapshot to roll back to 2021.12.10

logs had a bunch of this in it:

2022-02-04 10:22:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Error adding entities for domain light with platform zwave
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 514, in _async_add_entity
capabilities=entity.capability_attributes,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 834, in capability_attributes
if supported_features & SUPPORT_EFFECT:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'
2022-02-04 10:22:39 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 382, in async_add_entities
await asyncio.gather(*tasks)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 514, in _async_add_entity
capabilities=entity.capability_attributes,
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/light/__init__.py", line 834, in capability_attributes
if supported_features & SUPPORT_EFFECT:
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'NoneType' and 'int'
2022-02-04 10:24:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/events.py", line 80, in _run
self._context.run(self._callback, *self._args)
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py", line 93, in do_update
self.async_write_ha_state()
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 526, in async_write_ha_state
raise NoEntitySpecifiedError(
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity Jasco Products 12729 3-Way Dimmer Switch Level
2022-02-04 10:25:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py", line 93, in do_update
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 526, in async_write_ha_state
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity FIBARO System FGRGBWM441 RGBW Controller Level
2022-02-04 10:25:43 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant] Error doing job: Exception in callback ZWaveBaseEntity._schedule_update.<locals>.do_update() at /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zwave/node_entity.py:90
homeassistant.exceptions.NoEntitySpecifiedError: No entity id specified for entity FIBARO System FGRGBWM441 RGBW Controller Level

similar issues reported on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/siwokr/comment/hvctajw/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Does this fall under the “wont fix” since the integration is deprecated and is the end of the line for the normal zwave integration?

I am not sure if anyone else is getting this but after this update I started getting the word “My” added to my site tab over and over. Just thought I would bring it up. It restarts if you refresh the pages.

Untitled

Untitled2

2 Likes

I’m sure that your scenario was an oversight in the change. Nobody is trying to cheat you.

But if you’re really feeling that ripped off PM me your paypal and I’ll personally send you the $4.50

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for this new release, full of great changes!

However, I fail to see the change to binary sensors, with the addition of the ‘unknown’ state, as an improvement. I don’t see what it fixes. But I see what it breaks: I have a lot of motion binary sensors that are event-triggered templates, and I am not happy to see all these sensors displaying this ‘unknow’ state, waiting for a first trigger to occur.

If this change cannot be reconsidered (again, what does it fix?), could you please consider adding a parameter to the template entities for a starting/assumed state?

2 Likes

Petro, really?

This is the way?

1 Like

There are a number of users who don’t want to see the constant bickering and asked to split the thread. I happily obliged.

You’re welcome to continue the conversation here.

11 Likes

Why post this here?
This has nothing to do with the update.
Send an email to Nabu Casa instead, “nobody” on this forum can help you anyways.

1 Like

Is there a similar thread for works with nest being deprecated and how to explore how to relocate that integration as a custom integration in a separate thread?
I noticed that my comments, which are only about WWN, were moved to the GPIO thread…

That was probably a mistake on my part, I had to go through 500 posts. Please flag the post (and replies) and a new thread can be created

2 Likes