2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Not a good update for me, looks in console like everything is fine, but can’t connect to it and no buttons and automations gets triggered so i guess that it is almoste dead.
uses half the memory in proxmox as it did before the update so seems like some things just won’t start

I have the exact DSC as you. When I look at my EyezOn app it shows all the restarts so there must be some communication going on now

Please open an issue on the issue tracker about the zwave issue here: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues

@emontnemery While you’re around… :wink:

You have added a filter on the media browser so that only audio files are presented when the active player is audio only.

I must say that confused me at first because the default player that was selected was a Nest mini, so I didn’t understand why my video files didn’t show up all the sudden, but no big deal.

A wee bit more concerning is that you assume that the media_content_type of playable items is a mime-type. Is that documented somewhere?
I created a custom component for Jellyfin before an official one was pulled in, and from other media_player integration, that didn’t seem the case, so I’m afraid you might have breakage, there.

I’m pretty sure the Kodi integration doesn’t use mime types, for instance.

The mentioned issue with Fritz!Box is fixed by 2022.2.1

Can anyone privide details on how to use shorthand condition notations with chose option? I’ve tried several combitanions but keep logging error requesting value_template and template type to be specified…

Done, thank you very much.

Thank you for this update :slight_smile:

Just a question. My FGS224 FIBARO build in light switch stoped working.

Looks fine and responding to on/off but nothing happens.

Any idéa how to fix?

Have a nice day.

Hi ,

After this HA update , I have the following errors in the log :slight_smile:

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.frame
Source: helpers/frame.py:74
First occurred: February 3, 2022, 12:04:18 AM (10 occurrences)
Last logged: February 3, 2022, 12:04:21 AM

Detected code that uses str (diagnostic) for entity category. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2022.4, it should be updated to use EntityCategory instead. Please report this issue.
Detected code that uses str (config) for entity category. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2022.4, it should be updated to use EntityCategory instead. Please report this issue.

What i have to do about this ?
Thanks

7 Likes

For anyone having trouble with the Energy Dashboard after the update, here seems to be the solution.
Will now also test whether it works again afterwards.

1 Like

No problem with my update

Is there a dedicated thread about moving integrations to UI?
I dislike a trend of replacing yaml-config by UI-config.
IMHO adding a UI-config should not mean a disabling of yaml-config.
The latest HA moved a Version integration to UI; with yaml I could use a “scan_interval” , now I cannot.
This is a small example of “UI has less opportunities than yaml”, there are many of them with other integrations.

1 Like

That ship has sailed my friend. It’s up to the maintainer of the integration to keep yaml or not when transitioning to the UI. It’s part of the ADRs.

2 Likes

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/the-future-of-yaml/186879

have you found a solution to this mine is the same. it runs fine from the command line

I recommend you or @c1c3r0 create support thread in configuration for this.

This is the way.

2 Likes

Have you fixed or located this problem? I have this as well. Like 75 times sometimes.

I have managed to solve it with a bit different approach: windows subsystem for linux - Auto starting home assistant in WSL2 - Super User

Decision is done and dusted a long time ago, it isnt going to change so any posting about it will just be noise and wont do anything. Suggestion, move on

3 Likes