2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Yes just add diagnostics to your config. I also opened a ticket to silence it when we don’t have it enabled and they fixed that. Which should be in one of the next releases.

Have the same issue with scan_interval.

Guys, is there an issue with 2022.0.2 , the google assistant component now gives an 404 not found, so cant link the app again, if i go to :
https://xxx.duckdns.org:8123/api/google_assistant

i get 404 , while it should be 405

when i revert back to 2021.12.10 , everything works as expected?

You and @Ildar_Gabdullin can turn off polling on the integration, then make an automation that polls the entity in question at a defined period using homeassistant.update_entity.

trigger:
    - platform: time_pattern
      seconds: "/30"
action:
    - service: homeassistant.update_entity
      target:
        entity_id:
        - list
        - out
        - entities
3 Likes

That’s an interesting idea. Thanks I’ll give that a try. Still kinda annoying though lol. But should work.

I think is a more elegant solution than before, this way you can have one automation for all those that require scan_intervals all polling at the same time or different ones at different time.

I like a release for cleaning up and streamlining. There has been a lot of talk about breaking changes, this time, while none of it affects me. Would it be an idea to have a “info” button besides the upgrade-button, which informs about changes in your installed integrations? Or even better, changes in entities/syntax that is in your particular install? I know there is a integration that checks if you can install the newest version, maybe I am not using it right, but i dont feel it catches things like this all that well.

Then the entity will be updated with my defined frequency + some default unknown & uncontrollable frequency.

What? No. The frequency is defined by the trigger…

Curious. I’ve taken a look at the code for androidtv, how can I determine the default polling interval for an integration? Is there a default if it isn’t specified but iot_polling is enabled?

default is typically 30 seconds, otherwise you have to read the code

1 Like

Some information I used to see as a state value of a weather entity, now moved to the attribute and the state shows a count. Which initially makes my card useless. The card has no UI way to show an attribute instead of the entity state. Usability still needs improvement there to be more intuitive.

Anyone here using google assistant component… Not the Nabu edition!

Can you try accessing this page and let me know if you receive a 404 or 405 ?
https://xxx.duckdns.org:8123/api/google_assistant

since release 2022.2.x => i receive an 404 , so not able to link app
when i revert the snapshot to 2021.10.x , i get 405 => so thats GOOD

1. Im still on 2022.2.0 btw.

ah, so maybe .1 is causing it , hmm, dont get it

Using ‘default_config:’? If not, maybe you’re missing api:?

yeah, i have default_config: in my yaml file

how can the api missing? :slight_smile:

I meant if you’re not using “default_config” then you need “api:” enabled.

Anyways, still working on 2022.2.1. I literally was just upgrading. 405.

hmm, still 404 ,

i had default_config: , now also added api: to make sure, but still :frowning:
maybe its the order

do you have in your config.yaml , default_config above or below the google_assistant?

Is there a proper way to move from the Apple TV beta in HACS to the offical one released in this update? Should I delete the HACS integration then update? or will that remove all my devices and require relinking?