2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

Do you have enough spare disk space?

What are your DNS settings?

This is a possible upgrade path, but its more complexity.
Big shame that its necessary - IMO the WWN component should be marked deprecated but with indefinite life.
If it breaks then it breaks, but should be kept until that point.

After the update the VLC stopped working for me:
[725cf600] http stream error: cannot resolve homeassistant.local: Name does not resolve
[725cf600] access stream error: HTTP connection failure
[725cf600] main stream error: cannot resolve homeassistant.local port 8123 : Name does not resolve
[725cf600] http stream error: cannot connect to homeassistant.local:8123
[727245d0] main input error: Your input can’t be opened
[727245d0] main input error: VLC is unable to open the MRL ‘http://homeassistant.local:8123/media/media/Disarmed.mp3?authSig=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiI4ZWRkYTZhNmViMTk0YzdjOWRjM2FkN2JlNmU5ZDZlNCIsInBhdGgiOiIvbWVkaWEvbWVkaWEvRGlzYXJtZWQubXAzIiwiaWF0IjoxNjQzODg4OTU4LCJleHAiOjE2NDM5NzUzNTh9.TlVweec10EmTiNrv2Vi-4azCFJHn2uaNxjYvHyP9FJ4’. Check the log for details.

What could be the problem?

Fyi, I disabled the backup before update… and it worked fine !

I needed to exclude certain things like zeroconf. They can be overridden but not excluded.

Is anyone having issues with google cast changing how it works? Seems like a breaking change but I haven’t seen one listed.

For example, device states for my android tv within google cast (dont confuse with androidtv please its a different integration) now show ‘idle’ instead of ‘off’ when they are off.

Also I am having a very weird thing happening in that my android tv device (unknown if this is home assistant but its the only thing that has changed) powering off randomly while I am watching it. Anyone else feel the wife and kids frustration with me? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since upgrading I’ve noticed my Shelly devices integrated via MQTT now have status unavailable for shortpush, longpush and overload.

Any idea what I need to fix where?

The problem is that each time I post an issue on github, I get “this has been broken on purpose, you were warned” or “we won’t fix that” or “your OS is not supported”. I am under the impression this whole project is based on the “it works for me” principle. Like another user mentions, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is heading to some kind of proprietary stuff.

2 Likes

You can’t fix something you can’t replicate… how are you supposed to know it’s fixed or verify your fixed worked? If you can’t supply enough information to replicate the problem, then the problem won’t get fixed. Can a car mechanic fix your car without your car? No. How do you expect any developer to fix a problem without the problem?

OK…wouldn’t necessarily agree with you, but anyway…I was only saying here that Netatmo works for me on latest version and if you wanted some input saying more than ‘it doesn’t work’ might get better feedback…will leave it with you :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Small question. I’ve tried the new IFF example from the documentation, but Dev Tools give me an error “state is undefined”. Have I overlooked something?

yes, states is the correct method name.

I only copied the doc examples into Dev Tools. I don’t know how to handle “UndefinedError: ‘state’ is undefined”.

Then there’s a typo in the docs

1 Like

Hi All
Thanks for new release… Good point for webOS TV integration from UI. But good point will be if wake on lan for this integration will be also available from configuration integration webOS. Now we must create next new automation to use POWER ON TV by wake on lan.
thanks.

Got a link to where you found that?

Ok, that was a loooong changes list above to read 😵‍💫 Thank you much, I could have noticed it myself.

Edit: https://rc.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/templating/#immediate-if-iif

1 Like

And how do you expect users to report problems before production/stable release when there is no difference between stable and development release?
But I agree, I could just upgrade to a major release when the next one is out. So, at the moment wait for 2022.3.0 to be out to upgrade to 2022.2.$last. Although that would probably not garantee there is no issue as some integration APIs are upgraded to the next major release within a minor HA release.
Don’t take me wrong, I like home assistant, but, let’s be honest, the development scheme has some issues.

You post details on what happened and logs… Running around yelling “It’s not working” doesn’t help anyone. The details you provided so far with your issues: 0

2 Likes

Is there a custom component to get Nest Protect into Home Assistant?

1 Like