2022.2: Let's start streamlining!

This blog is a discussion space, not the place to post details about issues. Github is where I put issues and their details.

well apparently the details aren’t good enough in github. At this point it’s not a discussion, you just want to voice your displeasure.

I am getting the following error when running- Check Home Assistant configuration

Testing configuration at /tmp/config
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.device_registry storage from 1.2 to 1.3
INFO:homeassistant.helpers.storage:Migrating core.entity_registry storage from 1.4 to 1.5
ERROR:homeassistant.helpers.check_config:Unexpected error validating config
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3016, in _dep_map
return self.__dep_map
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 2813, in getattr
raise AttributeError(attr)
AttributeError: _DistInfoDistribution__dep_map
During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/pkg_resources/init.py”, line 3007, in _parsed_pkg_info
grep: write error: Broken pipe
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts…
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Anyone else see this? Trying again.

2 Likes

Wonderful work, thanks alot!
Everything works like a charm here, now for some digging in to all the new stuff <3

I found the solution. I need use the IP address as internal_url (http://192.168.1.118:8123/) , and the link changed after the HA update.
Before it was /media/Disarmed.mp3 and now it is: /media/media/Disarmed.mp3

Is remote_rpi_gpio also being deprecated?

Hello,
My CPU load is significantly higher since I upgraded to 2022.2.0 on my RPi3B+. The load was about 6-12% previously, it’s now around 22-30%. As a result, the CPU temperature has risen by about 10°C.
Is anyone seeing this as well ?
Thanks!

Yes, I’ve noticed. All my Google Minis now always appear “on”. That means things like the custom:mini-media-player will always show the volume control. Before, the volume would be hidden when the devices weren’t active. I also have a second gen Chromecast that is the only thing I use to watch on one TV. I used to know if the TV was on based on the whether that media_player was on, but now it always appears on.

1 Like

same issue here. is this really expected and we need to move to event triggers? doesn’t look like there’s mentioned something in the breaking changes?! looks more like a bug.

No…
The update was at about 13.00
A slight increase perhaps…

Mine are idle
Too bad google does the chime even if they appear idle

1 Like

Thanks devs, this is my first major update since using Home Assistant for about a month and it went pretty smooth. This is a really cool project and I hope to have some time to contribute to it as well.

I was looking at this screenshot:

And I wondered, how to get this done? This is using the Spotify integration I think? I also have Spotify integrated in HA but the media section stays empty. How to get it filled with my Spotify playlists? This looks so nice.

1 Like

Great! I’ll grab a backup and give it a try myself. Thanks for taking the risk letting us know all went well!

1 Like

Seeing the same

I believe I figured out why my android TVs were suddenly shutting off. I believe the google assistant ‘local fullfillment’ was causing it. Its a really odd issue and I have a feeling most won’t narrow it down. I don’t think its home assistant per se.

This was added as a feature which I tried to adopt and caused odd things to happen to the android devices. Regular speakers worked fine. I have since removed the option and haven’t had a ghost turning off my theater system.

Hope it helps!

2 Likes

I agree it looks like a bug. I think I’ve seen this before and then it got fixed in one of the point releases.

Oh…

Make idle chromecasts appear as idle instead of off by emontnemery · Pull Request #61786 · home-assistant/core (github.com)

That is a good change then…

I had to select “Spotify” in the source picker in the bottom right first. Then afterwards when selecting a speaker, Spotify shows up as a “folder” for that speaker.

Thanks, what about your CPU load ? Have you seen an increase ?

I’m not able to control my Sonoff devices… the entities seem to have been deleted…

I am on the stock firmware.

Ideas?