2022.3: Select and play media

I tried the new “Play Media” of version 2022.3

I want to display the camera on my frontdoor on my Nest hub when presence is detected.

So I did this :

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.motion_sensor_voordeur_occupancy
    to: 'on'
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 1
condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: input_boolean.toggle_op_vakantie
    state: 'off'
action:
  - service: media_player.play_media
    target:
      entity_id: media_player.nest_hub_living
    data:
      media_content_id: media-source://camera/camera.fi9900ep_voordeur
      media_content_type: application/vnd.apple.mpegurl
    metadata:
      title: FI9900EP_Voordeur
      thumbnail: /api/camera_proxy/camera.fi9900ep_voordeur
      media_class: video
      children_media_class: null
      navigateIds:
        - {}
        - media_content_type: app
          media_content_id: media-source://camera
mode: single

I’ve noticed my camera is 25 seconds behind, so the person is already on my door but I cann’t see him on my Nest hub…

The picture in the HA app is only 3 seconds behind :

type: picture-glance
entities: []
camera_image: camera.fi9900ep_voordeur
tap_action:
  action: none
hold_action:
  action: none
camera_view: live

Is there a solution for this ?

Cant install 2022.3.2 on my RPi4

22-03-07 10:20:32 ERROR (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2022.3.2: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2022.3.2/json: Not Found ("no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2022.3.2: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/raspberrypi4-64-homeassistant:2022.3.2")
22-03-07 10:20:32 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Can this happen when to many people try to install it on same time?

A typical reaction that makes it quite clear where the problem lies.If I were to react the same way as you, I would now say that if you don’t like people reporting that something doesn’t work, then just shut up. Your reaction is just embarrassing and arrogant. I have not asked for anything! It simply striking when such massive problems always occur and how people like you react to it. Is not my problem that you can not do much with the shared information. That is not the only bin where the problem occurs, shows the link.

1 Like

No I can’t see anyone else with this problem. Can you either point to the issue, of post your own?

Reporting? I don’t see your posted issue. You are the embarrassing one. And telling people to “shut up” should be flagged, but I’ll leave your post alone so others can see your rudeness.

1 Like

Of course you are correct, but he seems like a frustrated new user. He has posted an issue now. I use the same ZHA integration and mine works ( not helpful to him).

Obviously, ZHA works for me as well (there would be a maelstrom of reports and an instant patch if there was a general issue with zha).

For the issue at hand, my first idea would be “oh, the stick is stuck (pun intended :smiley: )”, so I would plug it off and on again (intended as well :joy: )

DLNA-server

my pch-a100 has been auto discovered in my network…
but when i click on it , i get the message ‘unknown error’

do i have to configure something and how to do it ??

thanks

I do not want to comment on the argument. But gladly on the issue.

There is a pattern. Each time we have a new release, a stream of people report of things that stop working. Sometimes it is correct with many having same problem and then it gets fixed.

But there is a pattern. People report month after month issues with either Zwavejs2MQTT, Zigbee2MQTT, Deconz, or ZHA.

There seems to be two issues that pop up.

Either something in the Addon like IP address or crediantials changes so the Integration cannot talk to the Addon. Or the USB device name does not work so the Addon does not come up correctly.

I do not think there has been a release where there has not been at least reporting Deconz has stopped working. And then after a while it all seems to work for them again. I think many resolve the problem by simply rebooting again.

I am not even sure it requires an upgrade for these problems to occur. I bet many have same experience from a reboot of the entire host machine.

There is something with the stability of both IP addresses of Addons and USB device names that seems to be goofy

For the same reason, I moved Zwavejs2MQTT, Deconz, Mosquitto, and Unifi to a different server where their IP address of the server is hardcoded, and I have control of USB device names. I never had any of these problems since I made this move. I really do not think half of the reported issues have anything to do with changes from release to release. There is something releated to USB devices in Addons and IP addresses of Addons that needs attention. What triggered me was that Deconz would not find the USB device roughly 1 of every 5 restarts of the Addon. That never got fixed (even if some attempts were made).

When you just restart Home Assistant after a configuration change, the Addons are not restarted. So people do not see this normally. But when Home Assistant incl Supervisor and maybe even OS gets updated all is restarted and misc race conditions can occur. And I think this is why so many get an unhappy surprise after an upgrade, which has nothing to do with actual code changes in the new release.

What people can do is to try different combinations of restarting the host, restaring the individual Addons (look at their logs to verify they do not error during restart), and restart of Home Assistant. That works around the issue short term

Edit: Thinking about @koying 's comment. Besides restarting Host OS, HA itself, and any addons, also either power cycle the host or unplug USB sticks. A USB stick has software, and all software has bugs. You can also have a hanging USB firmware that needs a power cycle.

1 Like

You mix a lot of stuff, here.
What is exactly your configuration?

My ZHA integration (it’s not an addon) runs locally and talks directly to the USB stick. No network/IP involved…

I have only been on HA since Dec.
I use ZHA and a GoControl CECOMINOD016164 HUSBZB-1.
I have noticed this behavior after 2 updates.
The restarts usually resolve it. I KNEW it was related to the updates but I couldn’t articulate it because they seemed transient. Your description matches my observations.

I don’t know what supporting information I can provide, If you let me know something useful, I’ll try to locate it but I wanted to let you know I’ve observed the same thing the way you’ve described it in very recent memory from somebody who hasn’t been on HA forever.

I get that you’re upset, but you’re totally misunderstanding me. My point isn’t to tell you to “shut up”. The point is, you need to adjust your expectations about what you are entitled to from an open source project. If something is broken, help fix it. If you don’t have the technical skill, do what you can to help people who might be able to understand the issue, in a way that remembers that they’re doing this for fun themselves — and any support they give you is literally a favor to you.

You can call that “arrogant” if you like, but I call it “people who are going out of their way to make something amazing and free and then help people with their problems with it don’t have to be doing that at all, and if you’re going to yell at them and tell them what they’re doing ‘sucks’, they’re probably going to find something else to do instead, because each day only has so many hours.”

If something doesn’t work, it’s not like the developers are happy about that. They want their project to work too. They don’t need to be told that things breaking is bad. It’s just not helpful to anyone — including you.

12 Likes

Great improvements! Unfortunately, I have ALS. I use the text to speech option to communicate with my family and friends. Would you bring the text to speech, back to the media control card?

2 Likes

In my case it turned out that the “stream” component wasn’t loaded. I solved it by adding “stream:” to my configuration.yaml file and restarting. Suddenly the “incompatible items” are available properly now.

Speaking to the improved homekit support for thermostats. I have a couple of ecobee thermostats and I see that I can now change the mode (home, away, sleep) using an select helper. Pretty cool. I also just noticed that my ecobee sensors are now exposed. Were they always exposed? Maybe I missed that previously. Either way, I have noticed that they do not seem to be working as far as occupancy goes. They do show occupancy but change back to “clear” faster than they should. As in Ecobee itself shows the sensor as occupied, but The homekit integration goes back to clear for 5-10 minutes some times before jumping back to occupied. Just wonder if anyone else has ecobee via homekit with external occupancy sensors can confirm simliar behavior.

Any chance we are ever going to see the ability to create groups in the UI so we don’t have to open YAML?
Seems like a reasonable request to me, but I’m curious if this will be implemented.
Thanks for all you do. Happy Nabu Casa supporter.

I’m guessing you didn’t see the livestream? They basically said that the tools to make this happen now exist. So features like this can be added to the UI in the future. I’d put money on seeing this feature in one of the next few releases.

1 Like

Thanks @petro. Definitely did not watch the livestream. Glad it’s getting some love.

sorry for the stupid question, but where do you put the variables? “themes/ios-dark-mode/ios-dark-mode.yaml” didn’t work for me now

they go in your theme, but you have to format them for the theme to accept them.

input-idle-line-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.42)
input-hover-line-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)
input-disabled-line-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.06)
input-outlined-idle-border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.38)
input-outlined-hover-border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)
input-outlined-disabled-border-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.06)
input-fill-color: rgb(245, 245, 245)
input-disabled-fill-color: rgb(250, 250, 250)
input-ink-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)
input-label-ink-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.6)
input-disabled-ink-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.37)
input-dropdown-icon-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)
1 Like