2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

I gave back clarifying the steps needed to update the zha-quirks as the information was incomplete :slight_smile:

The fix did not seem to work for me, but my zigbee coordinator is currently marked as offline so I need to figure that out too before I can say for sure.

1 Like

Try restarting not only HA and switching conbee to other usb port. Not because of interference but maybe the port had some issue i had some experience with that. Also my experience is that zha needs some time to settle. after downgrading i needed to pull the battery out of 2 remotes to get them working again. Some end devices also need to trigger one time to work again i had few door sensors and motion sensors that didnt react to first time trigger but after that trigger end started working normally

2 Likes

Will there be a way to automate the new backups?

1 Like

I had to do a restore many times in the past year due to issues I was having on my Pi4 and HAOS (now fix). What I have seen and reported is two issues, an on-boarding issues that after the back up is chosen it goes back to the first screen and the user has no idea on what is happening, if anything. The other issue I have seen many times is after the restore (using a backup where the DB is stopped) the system comes up with issues caused by the DB / recorder and a few other items. It appears that on the restart there is a timing issue or the MariaDB does not start. To fix these I needed each time to start the DB manually and then restart HA. Inexperienced users have no idea on what to do and believe that the issue is a corrupted DB.

I saw with this release you no longer support the energy monitoring plugs. I currently use the Sonoff S31 Plugs Flashed with Tasmota and depend on the changes in the Energy Power entity to trigger automations. From reading the Release note i canā€™t tell of the energy usage entries will be ignored completely or now show up somewhere else as dedicated energy entities. Iā€™m very worried that you decided to ignore essential data coming from these plugs. If a device provides data it should be the end user that decides to use or ignore it as they see fit. Also this was an easy way to track Appliance energy usage without needing to invest in dedicated Energy monitoring sensors and wire them into the breaker panel.

If you use the Tasmota integration, your plugā€™s energy-related information should appear not as the plugā€™s attributes but as separate sensors. Thatā€™s how it works for me.

They didnā€™t ignore the data.

If you are refferring to current_power_w and today_energy_kwh those were depracated for months now. And also these should have been updated to work correctly by the integrationsā€™ developers. Certainly Tasmota of all platforms would have fixed this from the start

Donā€™t know if this belong here, i havenā€™t follow this Blog, as i had and outtage(lost my fiber-connection for 16hours, around 20.30 last night ā€¦)

But this is not related to that, more the update to 2022.4 today i guess, first got it now

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.frame
Source: helpers/frame.py:74
First occurred: April 7, 2022, 22:46:15 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: April 7, 2022, 22:46:15
Detected code that accesses the database without the database executor; Use homeassistant.components.recorder.get_instance(hass).async_add_executor_job() for faster database operations. Please report this issue.

Hmmm, thou i think itā€™s related to a ā€œCustom Componentā€ , have already reported the initial ā€œErrorsā€ there, i think this is just a ā€œfollowupā€

EDIT: at second thought as reported below, here is the following trace:

Stack (most recent call last):

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 930, in _bootstrap

self._bootstrap_inner()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 973, in _bootstrap_inner

self.run()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/threading.py", line 910, in run

self._target(*self._args, **self._kwargs)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 83, in _worker

work_item.run()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run

result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/statistics.py", line 715, in get_metadata

return get_metadata_with_session(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/statistics.py", line 682, in get_metadata_with_session

result = execute(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/util.py", line 136, in execute

result = qry.all()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/baked.py", line 498, in all

return self._iter().all()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/ext/baked.py", line 412, in _iter

result = self.session.execute(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 1691, in execute

conn = self._connection_for_bind(bind)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 1532, in _connection_for_bind

return self._transaction._connection_for_bind(

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/orm/session.py", line 747, in _connection_for_bind

conn = bind.connect()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3210, in connect

return self._connection_cls(self, close_with_result=close_with_result)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 96, in __init__

else engine.raw_connection()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3289, in raw_connection

return self._wrap_pool_connect(self.pool.connect, _connection)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/base.py", line 3256, in _wrap_pool_connect

return fn()

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/impl.py", line 382, in connect

return _ConnectionFairy._checkout(self, self._fairy)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 868, in _checkout

fairy = _ConnectionRecord.checkout(pool)

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/sqlalchemy/pool/base.py", line 476, in checkout

rec = pool._do_get()

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/recorder/pool.py", line 56, in _do_get

report(

File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/frame.py", line 74, in report

_LOGGER.warning(msg, stack_info=True)

My Tasmota S31 devices work with no issue on this update.

I ALSO received the following error in the log on restart

Source: helpers/frame.py:74
First occurred: 5:08:30 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:08:33 PM

Detected code that accesses the database without the database executor;
Use homeassistant.components.recorder.get_instance(hass).async_add_executor_job() 
for faster database operations. Please report this issue.

Do I need to open an issue?

ok, yes i also now actually think itā€™s not related to my ā€œTibber Customā€ but ā€¦

Currently I see the following sensors with data in 2022.3.x
The actual entity seems to be similar to
sensor.dryer_plug_energy_power and will be in watts

ENERGY ApparentPower
ENERGY Current
ENERGY Factor
ENERGY Power
ENERGY ReactivePower
ENERGY Today
ENERGY Total
ENERGY TotalStartTime
ENERGY Voltage
ENERGY Yesterday

FYI - Regarding Google Calendars now available to be setup using the GUIā€¦
I thought this meant that the yaml config (the line starting with google: ) was no longer needed, but as it turns out, it is still required (and this is indeed stated in the docs).
Using the GUI to add the Google Calendar Integration is an additional part that provides HA linkage to your google calendar account and completes the setup. From what I can tell, if you already have Google Calendar setup and working before upgrading to 2022.4, then no further action is needed after the upgrade, and youā€™ll need to keep your yaml config afterwards.

1 Like

Then you need to use those new sensors instead of the previous attributes. In some cases this could simplify things as you will no longer need template sensors to get the attributes for the Energy Dashboard.

Those are the sensors that duplicate the plugā€™s attributes. This has been the situation for months in preparation for the removal of the attributes in version 2022.4.0.

In the August 2021 release, we deprecated all energy-related attributes from switches. The attributes are: current_power_w and today_energy_kwh. Those attributes should have been separate power and energy sensors instead.

All integrations affected were notified on July 22, 2021, of requiring a change.

1 Like

There have been some fixes contributed and some in announced, that are coming in right now. Weā€™ll make sure to include as much as possible in the next patch release (soonā„¢ )

2 Likes

The MariaDB backup issues have recently been fixed/improved. They should be gone.

4 Likes

ok, thou i first started with this HA in November, i think, thou i actually read ā€œsomeā€ of August release, but apparently ā€œskippedā€ this part, ā€¦ have 2x3 ā€œwarningsā€ ā€¦ guess i have to remove those ā€œAttributesā€ , have already made ā€œseparateā€ sensors

This may well be what I was seeing however even restarting MariaDB and rebooting did not appear to solve my issue. I did indeed think my DB was nukedā€¦

To be honest, with all the performance/database/storage improvements from the past yearā€¦ there isnā€™t much reason to use MariaDB/MySQL with Home Assistantā€¦

(Sorry, bit of sidetracking).

1 Like