2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups!

we already talked about that in #beta, considering platform: group for person, device_tracker and input_boolean.
Must confess I am not sure we made it into a FR/Discussion. We should…!

hope these will see the day someday.

1 Like

Can you share your code for the update entities card you created?
Thanks.

It’s a bog standard entities card.

Did you need to create a template for each to get the installed version and the latest version for each?
The Home Assistant Supervisor: Update shows

installed_version: 2022.04.2
in_progress: false
latest_version: 2022.04.2
in the developers tools.
Not sure where you are getting all of your information from.

I see 2022.4.3 is released on GitHub, but it’s not available in Home Assistant yet which made me curious… How do updates work? Are they manually added to the HA updater or does it poll GitHub releases? Does the source need to be built before being rolled out and that takes time? Are releases held until an entry including breaking changes is added to the blog?

Lots of questions and I’m hoping someone can satisfy my curiosities.

yes that is so.

1 Like

You can follow the build here: 2022.4.3 · home-assistant/core@398c7be · GitHub

2 Likes

…and see that it has failed due to space limitations on Pypi.

That is a known issue that we are aware of. Already requested a space increase but not yet approved by PyPi: Project Limit Request: Home Assistant - 50 GB · Issue #1819 · pypa/pypi-support · GitHub

Yeah I think that it arose during the last beta too.

Given that amd64 says it is complete, should I be able to get it now, or do I have to wait for it all to finish?

ha core update  --version 2022.4.3

doesn’t seem to do anything (I know that sounds impatient, more curious really).

EDIT to answer my own question, it had only finished the amd64 core image, but in the words of the adman “wait, there’s more”.

Now, that that the version file has been changed by the build process and uploaded, the new version should be visible. At least I can see it on my end.

Cheers, I learned some more today.thatnks for that.
By the way

➜  ~ ha core update --version 2022.4.3
Processing... Done.

Command completed successfully.

is misleading, if you ask for a specific version, and it doesn’t happen, surely it shouldn’t say it has “completed successfully”?

1 Like

Having issues having any of my Blue Iris cams load in the various dashboards after update. The integration appears fine. When I click on the broken image the pop-out view of the camera feed loads fine. Just the image isn’t loading in the dashboards.

Anyone else seeing this?

This was cool to see, thanks. And thanks to @nickrout as well.

2022.4.3 fixed my Conbee II ZHA Zigbee network.

Can someone please help me find the new update entities in the configuration panel?
2022.4: Groups! Groups! Groups! - Home Assistant shows a screen recording with updates available (WLED example). I have Pi-Hole with updates available and core (22.4.1 but .3 is out now), and I don’t see any updates on my config panel. Do I need to enable these or something?
I’m using HA Core in Docker.

If you are not using default_config: you must add update: to your configuration.yaml.

Anyone experiencing issues when updating Core that Template Sensors do not reload…no errors in logs (or any clue that I can see) but recently on each Core update everything goes as normal until “Wrapping up Startup” and then it’s just sits there…all entities are loaded and working with the exception of my Template Sensors which are al unavailable.
Just gone from 2022.04.02 to 2022.04.03 and happening again :thinking:

Realise I’m stabbing in the dark with no logs, etc and a restart of Host sorts all so not a huge problem…just wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar :man_shrugging:t2:

Thanks, but I am using default_config.
Any other ideas?

this auto-entities filter might be even sweeter, do it in the Frontend only:

- type: custom:auto-entities
    card:
      type: entities
      title: Updates available
    show_empty: false
    filter:
      include:
        - domain: update
          state: 'on'
        - domain: update
          not:
            attributes:
              skipped_version: null
      exclude:
        - state: unavailable

not a single line of backend config required anymore

2 Likes

Since the update to 2022.4 i am getting Entities are not numeric errors all over my dashboards while they actually contain valid values. See screenshots below of one example. Here is the entity definition in the yaml for it:

m_grid_accumulated_energy:
        friendly_name: "Grid accumulated"
        unit_of_measurement: "kWh"
        icon_template: mdi:transmission-tower
        value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.sun2000l_4ktl', 'grid_accumulated_energy') }}"

Do i need to change somethng to my entity definition in the yaml so the UI considers valid again? This was working perfectly in 2022.3.x and could not find anything in the changelog about this.