2022.5: Streamlining settings

noooo

Depends if the code owner wants to support it and the ui.

Has anyone recieved this error, if so how did they resolve it?

22-05-06 21:33:20 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1/json: Not Found ("no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.1")
22-05-06 21:33:20 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Creators are often out of date after a short time. They need to make new videos, and tell people the old ones shouldn’t be used.

2 Likes

I brought this up with the team, and everyone agrees that the new search is not ready. It will be reverted next 2022.5 release. Thanks for the feedback. :+1:

9 Likes

I was going to link you here but I see that is actually your post. Did the solution in there not work for you?

1 Like

I think we should add this plugin: Discourse Reactions - Beyond Likes - plugin - Discourse Meta

If only so that I can add a :joy: to your reply.

2 Likes

Or keep the import feature and ignore the logger warning. :slight_smile:
I think it helps to extend the ui with the same logic from the import, so you can paste your sql querys from your sql editor. :peace_symbol:

Best news i’ve heard all night! Thank you!
I see the use for it for some, and I liked where the GH thread was headed with possibly a way to enable/disable or force an exact search using “quotes” or something. A few tweaks and I can see it satisfying everyone.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem to have made it into 2022.5.2, but good news :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it possible to update without a restart of HA?

No.

In ‘automations’ search is also a bit of a mess. Thats good news!

It’s not working as expected in Entities too.

Guys, it’s the same search everywhere. You don’t need to list all the places. The revert will cover them all.

4 Likes

Whats going on with the '**The unit of this entity changed from ** warnings, more and more stuff breaks at new releases lately. I have a integration with more than 80 sensors, what do I have to change to get is stop nagging?

That warning has been there forever. Id start to look at the integration the entity comes from

It’s also doing it when you search for entities… :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure if it was just entities or if it was entities

Edit: it might have been entities

2 Likes

I have done this before (different component) and it’s a great short-term solution. But now you’re going to get into the mode where you need to merge all the changes core makes to the sql code with your older, outdated code.

I haven’t looked at the history of the sql component but I’m guessing the changes aren’t few or trivial, and that’s the level of merge management you’re signing up for.

Honestly I think the developers should put a notification on the main download page indicating that the platform isn’t stable as in most developments, the development model is currently a running beta. I’m not criticising, the nature of the IoT market may require this, but there’s no sign of a traditional “stable” release and newcomers should be aware of that.