2022.5: Streamlining settings

Guys, it’s the same search everywhere. You don’t need to list all the places. The revert will cover them all.

4 Likes

Whats going on with the '**The unit of this entity changed from ** warnings, more and more stuff breaks at new releases lately. I have a integration with more than 80 sensors, what do I have to change to get is stop nagging?

That warning has been there forever. Id start to look at the integration the entity comes from

It’s also doing it when you search for entities… :slight_smile:

I wasn’t sure if it was just entities or if it was entities

Edit: it might have been entities

2 Likes

I have done this before (different component) and it’s a great short-term solution. But now you’re going to get into the mode where you need to merge all the changes core makes to the sql code with your older, outdated code.

I haven’t looked at the history of the sql component but I’m guessing the changes aren’t few or trivial, and that’s the level of merge management you’re signing up for.

Honestly I think the developers should put a notification on the main download page indicating that the platform isn’t stable as in most developments, the development model is currently a running beta. I’m not criticising, the nature of the IoT market may require this, but there’s no sign of a traditional “stable” release and newcomers should be aware of that.

The SQL integration is in fact fairly simple (< 180 LoC), so I think if it ever breaks with an HA update it should not be hard to make it work again. I will not touch the code, if I don’t have to. I will not add new features. I mean, it’s a component that simply sends SQL queries to the database using the SQLAlchemy toolkit. What extra features would it ever need?

I doubt it will change much, the dev docs will list breaking changes that break backend components. That integration is simple enough that you’d just have to visit it when you update and it breaks. I see that as highly unlikely.

I do think a better solution would be to just request a multiline config flow field for things like this. It’s needed and I wouldn’t be surprised if it was added. There’s already a multiline template field in the UI, all we’d need to do is leverage that.

As this has seemingly affected many people, something system-related removed the community repo. I certainly didn’t (at any point), yet it was also missing on mine, which stopped ZWaveJSMQTT from auto-updating, likely for a few weeks.

Yes, you should read the entire thread, it’s already been explained above

here

1 Like

Thank you for including the Shelly auth feature! Since the documentation isn’t updated yet - where do I add the username/password? Right now it just throws a “aioshelly.exceptions.AuthRequired” with no apparent way to enter the login data for the added devices.

Seems the Settings → Integrations page doesn’t load 2022.5.2 :scream:

This update completely broke my lights…
I have a Fibaro HC2 which my Fibaro dimmers are connected to. I also have some scenes set up for these lights in HA. After this update i have lost the possibility of adjusting the brightness of the lights manually, as well as the scenes dont work right (some light refuse to change brightness).
When I try to dim the lights manually, they change brightness for a split second, before reverting back to the original brightness, which happens in the span of half a second. It almost seem like something in HA is “overriding” my inputs? When I try to adjust brightness directly from the HC2 it works flawlessly, which makes me certain the problem lies in HA. Are my scenes continiously sending new brightness commands?
What the hell i going on with my lights?

Yes it does. Have you cleared your cache.

Ya I’ve done all the standard browser troubleshooting, nothing weird on the console, nothing weird in the log. Just getting the endless spinner :frowning:

Don’t know, if this hangs together, but Fibaro lights have been mentioned in the breaking change’s.
Maybe worth looking at:

What’s going on in chrome dev tools?

How to enable the new sensor? In my set up it says sensor is not available. I‘m not able to activate sensor

Enable the sensor from the devices page.