2022.5 Update Failing

Unsure if this is an issue with just my system, or if others have also experienced the same issue, but i am receiving the following error when i try to update

22-05-04 23:29:06 ERROR (SyncWorker_2) [supervisor.docker.interface] Can't install ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.0: 404 Client Error for http+docker://localhost/v1.41/images/ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.0/json: Not Found ("no such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.0: No such image: ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.0")
22-05-04 23:29:06 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant image failed

Anyone able to offer some advice or sharing the issues please comment below! Thanks!

Just wait a few hours.

Hello, @pedolsky. I have been waiting a full 24 hours now, and I still get that error.
I have tried restarting, rebooting, and rebuilding. I verified that I have disk space, just in case. I have run it via the command line to see if it returns any other messages (it just says, “Command completed successfully”).
I also tried doing it without the backup checked (since I have generated several during failed updates), as this worked for someone else a few updates ago. I have seen a couple of GitHub issues where there never seems to be a resolution.
I am excited to try out some of the new changes, and can’t. Is there anything I can try?

Hi Mick, I would be glad if I could help you, but unfortunately I have no idea. Did you ask in the release thread?

1 Like

I mean it definitely exists. It’s right here.

If you go to another machine on your network and run this:

docker pull ghcr.io/home-assistant/qemux86-64-homeassistant:2022.5.0

Does it work without error? If so is there a network issue with the device running HA? Is it able to get to other external domains and services? Or perhaps a DNS issue, does dig ghcr.io work when SSH’ed in?

1 Like

This is good info! Thanks. Doing the docker pull resulted in an error message:
failed to register layer: Error processing tar file(exit status 1): write /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/scapy/__pycache__/volatile.cpython-39.pyc: no space left on device.

Which prompted me to run docker system prune -a. After which the update ran!

I know that HA runs on docker, but knowing that command was super helpful. That is exactly the message I needed to see. The hos file system seemed fine. It just needed a little more space in /var, I guess.

@pedolsky, I appreciate your help too. This was one of those odd situations that won’t affect most people, so I can see why you couldn’t help. Thank you, anyway.

Thanks for the info. Ran the command and got the following error

local record: tls: bad record MAC 

However updates have ran perfectly til now, so currently at a loss!

probably solved. For anyone else experience the issue, i assume the fix wont be the exact same but should give some clues

My system is the HA virtual machine image on my Synology. The Web Server app needed updating however kept getting errors. Once this had been resolved i could then update my Home Assistant system