2022.6: Gaining new insights!

Awesome stuff yet again! One small thing that I noticed; the compare feature doesn’t seem to work on custom dashboards. I’ve created my own dashboard for energy readouts and the energy date picker works as it should apart from the new compare feature.

2 Likes

I have “s6-overlay-suexec: fatal: can only run as pid 1” error in Docker logs after update. Solved by turning “Init” option off.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t it be time to bring out a label called “Home Assistant certified”.

It can be used by manufacturers with integrations that are known to work easy and seamless or where a core integration is available. E.g.: Tuya and the integration, ESPHome, IKEA, Hue, and so on?

Manufactures can print it on the box or put it on their website.

The certification process may be free or with a small fee attached and can be done by volunteers owning the devices.

5 Likes

So now everytime I reboot I have to reautenticate to Alexa Media Player?

Selecting entities from a dropdown on iOS is still very temperamental.

3 Likes

Hi,
With the new mqtt configuration, is it possible to externalize data in separate files, i.e. elsewhere than in the configuration.yaml file ?
For example, I have 3 sensors whose parameters are recorded actually in \\my_pc\config\sensors\aquarium.yaml file like this :

- platform: mqtt
  name: "AQUATEMP_temperature_eau"
  icon: mdi:thermometer
  unit_of_measurement: "°C"
  state_topic: "AQUATEMP/status/sensors_data"
  value_template: "{{ value_json.temp_eau.value }}"
  json_attributes_topic: "AQUATEMP/status/sensors_data"
  json_attributes_template: "{{ value_json.temp_eau | tojson }}"

name: "AQUATEMP_version"
  state_topic: "AQUATEMP/status/prg_version"
  unique_id: "AQUATEMP_version"

name: "AQUATEMP_compil"
  state_topic: "AQUATEMP/status/date_version"
  unique_id: "AQUATEMP_compil"

How to record them with new format ?

Isn’t that a custom component rather than core…prob best to raise the issue via its GitHub project (though you might get lucky here too)

Edit…there’s one open already #1620

1 Like

MQTT breaking changes…its going to take a while (~100 entities)…i’m gonna go get some coffee.

3 Likes

I whole heartedly agree with @MiguelAngelLV for the need to implement “custom date range”. My energy provider DOES NOT bill from 1st to last day of each month. This deficiency makes the energy dashboard practically useless.

2 Likes

Just did that like this :

mqtt:
 certificate: auto
 cover: !include_dir_merge_list mqtt/cover/
 sensor: !include_dir_merge_list mqtt/sensor/
1 Like

Hi
Does anyone know why my history stat sensors have multiplied since update, im using this template.
Thanks in advance

• platform: history_stats
    name: Phone On Time
    entity_id: binary_sensor.phone_interactive
    state: ‘on’
    type: time
    start: ‘{{ now().replace(hour=0, minute=0, second=0) }}’
    end: ‘{{ now() }}’

Please add month start personalisation to energy dashboard, this is more important than compare!

Month start for Energy monitoring - Feature Requests - Home Assistant Community

That is a custom integration. You should look at what changed there. I believe they removed a legacy sign in which maybe you were using

YAY!!! :partying_face:

There really are some Big Ass things added in this release…
Fans, I’m talking about fans…

1 Like

Just performed the update. Now history graph is only displaying across 2/3rds of the card.

3 Likes

“Hive” integration broken

1 Like

There appears to also be an issue with Google Calendar integration. I have 4 calendar device_ids used to search events for specific words in order to associate events. This feature works with yaml, but does not with the integration.

Hive UK - Yup mine too… Rolled back and all OK.

I have a play tomorrow and hope it’s straight forward to rectify

It works perfectly !
Thanks