2022.7: A stunning performance

my cpu usage has remained unchanged

On the previous version I had to add (0) after each float so float(0). Had so many to update!

Where did you read this? I too own some leviton devices, but I looked through the breaking changes for 2022.7 and didn’t see anything related to leviton there.

1 Like

this actually a nice idea, and Ive tried to make a start, not really sure if it gets the ordering from before though, auto-entities has its own logic n that regard. But maybe we can manipulate it to be close to what is was, or maybe even more useful, based on state etc etc.

right after having done this:

I see this on the official history panel though…

and its not a cache thing…

its simply not yet fixed:

deleting that bring s back the entity pickers, and selecting my problematic Attic Area from the beta still shows the endless swirling icon.

o well, it will soon be fixed I hope, just figured the last pr in dev made it happen.

I personally don’t like the idea, that a feature is removed and then the user has to rebuild it on their own or to open a feature request to get what was there before. Esp. in this case.

But if I’m remembering correctly from the beta channel, at least there was a 90% commitment to have the ALL come (back) in the next release. Esp. as it is not influencing those user, who will never press it.

1 Like

I used Putty and the command:

ha core update --version 2022.6.7

I suppose you could use the Terminal feature of the UI.

sure, I do feel that way too.
Having great suggestions is something we need every now and then, and Mike has a way with those :wink:

Ive just added all single included entities under the entities key in the auto-entities panel mode card, and yes can confirm that to show.

Tip: pre-edit the card config in a standalone editor, which makes it very easy to move from the recorder filter syntax to the auto-entities syntax using replace -all…

ah well in that case it might be beneficial to re-word that pop-up, as I wasn’t sure what’ll actually happen once I press “Yes”. I assumed it a point of no return and it’ll just straight update the firmware

You need to use them as filters

states(###) | bool | iif(###)

After upgrading to 2022.7.0, TP Link ‘Tapo Integration’ for P110 stopped working. Couldn’t figure out what was happening since the entity became unavailable. I had to restore it back to Home Assistant Core: 2022.6.7 from 2022.7.0 and it just started working again without any modifications. Not sure what changes are breaking this integration.

Now my HA version is,
Home Assistant Core: 2022.6.7
Home Assistant Supervisor: 2022.7.0

I’m seeing the same on a RP3b+
Current Home assistant Core 2022.6.7
Supervisor 2022.07.0
Home Assistant OS 8.2

I was hoping to find an EVERYTHING option also. Until then, I just took a few minutes and selected each Area. I only had 16 of them so it was relatively painless.

2 Likes

Some of my template sensors stopped working.

Example:

sensor:
  - platform: template
    sensors:
      raspberrymatic_last_reboot:
        value_template: "{{ states.homematic.raspberrymatic.attributes.V_Last_Reboot }}"
        icon_template: "mdi:clock"
        device_class: timestamp

edit:
Apparently the missing timezone is a problem in this release:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor.helpers
Source: components/sensor/helpers.py:26
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 18:07:33 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 18:07:33

sensor.raspberrymatic_last_reboot rendered timestamp without timezone: 2022-07-07T17:40:26

edit2:
Adding a timezone (adding string “+00:00” in this case) fixed this template sensor. Now I just have to figure out what’s wrong with the other ones that stopped working.

I had that same issue with the twirling donut and not being able to get rid of it even after restarting. It clears when I went to a single entity display and clicked on “History”. I haven’t had an issue with that since.

1 Like

Have a look at https://github.com/myhomeiot/esphome-components/blob/a62b685a584948b559e1e3a7b5c4d7b7121c9468/examples/myhomeiot_ble_client/flower_care_battery_ble_advertise.yaml

1 Like

Same for me. After selecting one area , the page never respond. HA restarted , it’s the same.
The solution that I found is to remove one file contain home assistant information from \AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\leveldb

But taking another area for testing and it’s nok.

If someone have another easy solution to remove the historyPickedValue it would be appreciated

Tried the upgrade again today - after first fixing and then upgrading SonoffLAN to 3.1.0 - and the cards all seem to work fine now, maybe it was related after all.
But it looks like the slider-button-card has been abandoned - anybody got a good replacement suggestion yet?

Did I understand correctly that this breaks the Bluetooth Device Tracker ? I’m sure many were relying on this to provide a means for reliable precence detection.

2 Likes

Correct yes

Yeah, workarounds are required now, but this will soon be fixed surely.
You know you can also do it via Local storage in inspector ?