2022.7: A stunning performance

@koying many thanks, this seems to work and is a good alternative.

I changed to Link to OAuth2 Authorize Callback ā€“ My Home Assistant and now I could add the integration again and my appliences shows up as before, thanks!!

However my initial problem still remains. I cannot see or run any of the new services e.g. HOME_CONNECT.SELECT_PROGRAM

When trying to run it I just get ā€œUnable to find service home_connect.select_programā€

I hope this is useful for anyone else: after the upgrade to 2022.7.2 HA did not want to staart at all. First, the Android companion app mentioned that the SSL certificate was expired, but after a restart HA did not start at all. My core logs mentioned that one of the /config/.storage json files contained illegal characters. Upon checking the file, it seemed to be corrupted (json was not valid, but many characters seemed to be changed or moved). Restoring that file specifically from a backup fixed the issue :slight_smile: .

Thatā€™d be great indeed, you can track the progress at Use gattlib by default (for Home Assistant) Ā· Issue #50 Ā· rytilahti/python-eq3bt Ā· GitHub :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for device tracker indeed, but for sensors, it is (and always was, imho) the integration to go.

I only switched to ESPhome because the component takes kindof ā€œexclusiveā€ access on the bluetooth adapter, so you cannot use it for anything else, and the usual issues with onboard BT being interfered by USB/WiFi/ā€¦
It happens ESPhome support what I need, but ble_monitor range of supported devices is far greater as well.

Awesome! Thank you!

1 Like

I did have problems with the Tapo Controller integration, but after the 1.2.13 update it was fixed.

thx Dave for the hint, well this addon is not compliant anymore according to HACS when i tried to install and also commented in the issues. Code is mostly 3 years old , so might need to look for another option

Thank you @Steveo , that also worked for me!

Just upgraded. Noticeable speedup on everything.

Only downside I see is the history page, hope something can be done over time (either allowing ā€œoldā€ method of specifying exactly what is presented and in what order, or allowing objects to reside in two areas so area can be used to control? ā€“ or something else entirely that works).

As thereā€™s no documentation yet why do you think it will not be for tracking? If an RSSI value would be part of the sensors or a binary for connection, that would be enough for presence / tracking, and it doesnā€™t seem to be much of a problem (even though the integration would have more functionality).

I will sit out his release as I use ā€œclassicā€ BT / not BLE to detect iPhones for presence mapping in one part of my house and donā€™t want to setup monitor / a specific device and unfortunately from what I can tell ESPHome (which I would have one in place anyway) only supports BLE detection, which Apple randomizes and it seems you canā€™t switch that off (which you can for Wifi MACs).

Thanks for the awesome update, Iā€™ll have to remember to avoid Somfy in the future!

Word of caution to others:

2022.7.2 updated from 2022.6.7 and there are two casualties in my system, one critical, one important, but not quite as critical.

First the critical one. My Russound MCA-88 integration is completely broken. All 12 of my zone media player entities no longer exist. Troubleshooting now, but everything ran perfectly before the update.

The second is my Argon case fan entity no longer exists either, even though the add on appears to be running. That is not as important as the Russound integration so troubleshooting that one will have to wait.

Edit: It appears this is a known issue related to the python update and already reported as an issue on github. It looks like rio.py needs some compatibility work.

1 Like

I donā€™t see any errors in HACS - I do see someone raised an issue for that though. If HACS wonā€™t let you install it you can always manually install it. It definitely still works.

HACS was having some odd issues over the weekend too but resolved with a HACS updateā€¦

Where do you see that?

I have a 5900 firmware 4.08. My brother has the same thermostat and he ran into the same problem. I just upgraded to 2022.7.3 and Venstar still does not work

Like @tom_l said, itā€™s possible to work around this by something else handling the Bluetooth path. I went with this:

Repurposed 2 PiZero, and between the 2 of them, they cover all the plant sensors spread across several floors. Highly recommended!

3 Likes

Iā€™m searching to all relevant threads! Iā€™ll keep all informed!

We found the solution for my particular case; changing the manifest to pycryptodome==3.15.0 fixed it.

Please solve the problem with EQ3. What is that supposed to work before?