2022.7: A stunning performance

Absolute MADNESS!

Are we monsters?

8 Likes

I have also noticed the same thing on my Weather card, which stopped working.

Also a lot of entities for the Alexa Media Player have disappeared, see below.

I know this is a custom and unsupported integration, but perhaps the authors can take a look at it.

Last release 2022.6 the redirect url was changed. See the integration instructions which have troubleshooting details.

1 Like

Iā€™ll hold off on updating until you get this resolved.

Iā€™m stunned, alright. The vast majority of my system is trashed after the ā€œupgradeā€.

2 Likes

Seeing this also. Interested in the cause.

Anybody else seeing major issues with custom cards?

I couldnā€™t check all my dashboards before I had to roll back to 2022.6.7 due to a serious Sonoff issue, but these cards did not display properly:

• auto-entities
  • frigate-card
  • digital-clock
  • slider-button-card
  • more-info-card
  • rgd-light-card
  • flipdown-timer-card
  • blind-card
  • stack-in-card
  • vacuum-card
1 Like

What exactly is ā€˜trashedā€™?

After several restarts, rolled back to 2022.6 and my thousands of entities have returned. Just about had a heart attack. I would suggest doing a full backup before attempting this one. Maybe even clone the card. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have no issues with auto-entities

2 Likes

So much was wrong I didnā€™t know where to start. Volumes of scary logs like ā€œcouldnā€™t confirm db was closed properlyā€ (not exact wording), all physical entities from various integrations missing, very long startup times, complaints about rest.notify config not being valid (I didnā€™t change any configs since last restart), ā€œCHECK CONFIGURATIONā€ spins foreverā€“just a nightmare. Itā€™s all good now with a rollback. Will attempt an upgrade at a later time with full PPE. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great the rollback worked for you - just had a similar experience :frowning:
Upgraded to a .0 version for the first time in quite a while - and I was promptly reminded why Iā€™d skipped them for so long.

5 Likes

And I know better about .0 versions, too. Had a moment of weakness about the z-wave firmware updates. :slight_smile:

1 Like

pointless

which ones?

Where are your logs?

Did you post an issue on github?

Another very smooth upgrade, only issue for me was the changes to Life360 which were detailed in the Breaking Changes so very simple to fix.

Great work team, thanks!

2 Likes

(Go to Settings ā†’ System ā†’ Updates) click the three dots top right corner and select Show Skipped.

My first clue was I could not edit automations!!! Tried rolling back just HA from itā€™s partial backup but that deleted my entire config folder! Managed to roll back to a full backup from June 4 @ 3:00 am but had to re & re Letā€™s Encrypt and Nginx Proxy Manager add-ons to get https access again! Fortunately http via 8123 was workingā€¦

You should check if your backups are operating correctly. Download one and open it with a compressed file application (winrar, 7zip, etcā€¦) look inside and make sure it actually contains your files.

FYI, you donā€™t need to restore a backup to install a previous core version. Rolling back is as simple as issuing this command:

ha core update --version 2022.6.7
3 Likes

It was a completely painless upgrade for me. There are a couple of third party integrations that need updating but thereā€™s plenty of time for that to happen.

Canā€™t get over how fast configuration checks are now. Almost done before I release the mouse click.

3 Likes

Yeah I just tried that, and that speedup is really something.

Painless update for me too.

I guess if we had more contribution and less complaint, we would be nearer a prefect journey for everyone.

3 Likes