2022.9 causing issues with my Bluetooth and devices

I have been running Bluetooth for at least a year but this 2022.9 seems to cause issues for me. Getting dependency error on all Bluetooth devices including the Bluetooth dongal. downgrading fixes issues. any ideas what i am missing in configuration? or what i can do to get todays update working?

Probably need more context to help troubleshoot.
What core version did you upgrade from?
What bluetooth devices are you using/tracking?
Did you select the controller from the integration panel?

Upgraded from last newest release 2022.8.7. I’m monitoring InkBird devices and some battery bms’s. Everything been working up till todays update. I am testing several “known working” Bluetooth adaptors including built in rasp4 Bluetooth. Downgrading to 8.7 did get all going again

This is logs but really not showing me much:

2022-09-07 18:05:03.565 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component bluetooth

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/init.py”, line 219, in async_setup

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/match.py”, line 112, in async_setup

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/match.py”, line 198, in add

2022-09-07 18:05:08.839 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of homekit_controller. Setup failed for dependencies: bluetooth

2022-09-07 18:05:08.842 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for homekit_controller: (DependencyError(…), ‘Could not setup dependencies: bluetooth’)

2022-09-07 18:05:08.844 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of inkbird. Setup failed for dependencies: bluetooth

2022-09-07 18:05:08.844 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for inkbird: (DependencyError(…), ‘Could not setup dependencies: bluetooth’)

2022-09-07 18:05:10.840 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of default_config. Setup failed for dependencies: bluetooth

2022-09-07 18:05:10.840 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for default_config: (DependencyError(…), ‘Could not setup dependencies: bluetooth’)

Im not sure how to start trying to fix this…
this is a bit more info:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/bluetooth/match.py:198
First occurred: 12:49:48 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:49:48 PM

Error during setup of component bluetooth
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 235, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/init.py”, line 219, in async_setup
integration_matcher.async_setup()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/match.py”, line 112, in async_setup
self._index.add(matcher)
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/bluetooth/match.py”, line 198, in add
self.service_uuid.setdefault(matcher[SERVICE_UUID], []).append(matcher)
TypeError: unhashable type: ‘list’

I fixed issue by restoring to a backup from July(before Bluetooth was native to HA) and then went right to latest update and all is working as it should. Very odd! but maybe will help someone else in future.

Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 9.16.54 AM

after updating to v2022.9.1 and v2022.9.2, I am getting the error as in screenshot above. I have even tried to include bluetooth: in configuration.yaml. Restarted several times but still the same error.

if I try to add bluetooth integration I get the error as show in below screen shot

bt

Please guide how to fix this…

Have you tried a “reboot host” or cold boot? For me I had to restore from a July backup then update the backup but try a full hard reboot and see if that fixes it

yes I have tried many times… but still getting the same error. And strangely the backup option is gone too.

same here, im using a esphome bluetooth esp32dev node with - platform: atc_mithermometer.
the info comes into the ESphome logs, but in HA al my sensors are gone. Before the node showed with 24 entities now 0.

The only way I could fix it was to restore from a back up before Bluetooth was in home assistant Then I manually updated everything to get current and everything worked fine

Same issue here on 2022.9.0 and still on 2022.9.4.
I hope this will be fixed in future updates. I don’t have a backup from July, nor would I want to loose all the data I’ve collected in this time.

After upgrading to version 2022.9.2 I am getting the notification after every restart. And also I am not able to add BLUETOOTH integration. But earlier to v2022.9.2, there was no such error. Also the backup option is gone from “SYSTEM” option. When I click on settings->system, I am not able to find the backup option. Kindly help

None of the people that have posted so far, have actually said HOW Home Assistant is installed? Are you running HAOS? Are you running Home Assistant in a container? Are you running Home Assistant native?

I m running in a virtual environment

Which still doesn’t quite answer the question.

Do you mean venv or do you mean a virtual machine?

venv on raspberry pi 4b running on 64 bit bullseye

OK, so next we need to know if you have all the required components installed on the host.

Does this help?

It looks like you have a custom component that is setting up the service_uuid as a list instead of a string.

Here is an example of valid matchers

I installed the dbus-broker restarted rasp-pi but still getting the same error. What’s to do next ?