2022 Nest Doorbell (wired) Not Supported?

I’m attempting to add the new Nest Doorbell released in October 2022 and wondering if anyone has had success or knows an alternative way to add it to HA?

I’ve noticed it is not listed in the supported devices in Device Access: https://developers.google.com/nest/device-access/supported-devices

It has been out for a few months now and surprised to not see it listed

Thanks!

unnamed

1 Like

From what I’ve read and experience myself I don’t think the API supports it yet. Also this thread a little more active. Adding Additional Nest Cams - Not showing up

Looks like support for this was added to the sdm API. Want to try it and see if it works?

It’s working! The integration and the stream at least. Events - will check later.
For others who were waiting - go here, toggle on everything for the new cam and restart HA.

@tjk Did you ever get events working? I’m not getting any despite being able to see the feed in HA.

1 Like

Not sure what you mean. I’ve replaced the battery version with a wired one and now that the API is out, everything works the same way. I am using person/doorbell triggers in automations with no problem, for example.
Just one thing to remember — you must enable google home notifications for this camera to see events flow via the API.

Thank you!

Ok so finally got the thumbnails working (thanks Dev), just wondering if it’s possible to maybe add a delay to the snapshot then update the notification silently like the frigate notification updates notifications.

Asking because on Android the GIF in the notification doesn’t play, its just an image compared to on iPhone it does play, so on Android snapshot you never see the person because it always captures it before thanks to pre-roll recording, not an issue on IOS of course…

I did enable the google home notifications, but I still have nothing on HA… I can only view it live

I posted this in another channel but its applicable here too.

You can use this code to enable live stream on your dashboard, but at some point the stream becomes a static image, so it’s not particularly useful:

type: grid
square: false
columns: 1
cards:
  - show_state: true
    show_name: true
    camera_view: live
    type: picture-entity
    entity: camera.basement_doorbell
    camera_image: camera.basement_doorbell

Publishing a research I recently had for integrating with Google Nest Doorbell like the Google Home App
I was looking for a way to download the video clips saved on the Google Home app using a Python script but couldn’t find any official Google API for that.
A (not so) short research, some pixie dust, and so many issues with Google access-tokens, but it finally works!
You can find in my GitHub account - a dedicated Python module to sync your Google Home videos with Telegram.

Python: GitHub - TamirMa/google-nest-telegram-sync

The full details of my research can be found here: Google Nest Camera [Internal] API | by TamirMayer | Feb, 2024 | Medium