2022 version of Grafana dashboard for Glances + InfluxDB

Hi!

Old nice Glances board from nicolargo (Glances | Grafana Labs) have not been working for me for awhile. I was strugling to view my Glances grafana board everytime I opened it, so I decided to check out what was broken. A couple of queries was outdated so I corrected them. I tried to upload dashboard to the Grafana website, but there were some weird errors and did not manage to do it.

So next best thing is to upload it here if someone else is also strugling with that dashboard. Especially as HA docs points to nicolargo’s a bit newer dashboard in github. That dashboard did not work for me too.

Dashboard:

JSON:

Have fun and enjoy tinkering Home Assistant!

EDIT 2022:
Also got finally upload working to Grafana Labs site - one can download dashboard from there too:

6 Likes

HI, can you help me with “where” the pastebin code must be placed to get the dashboard? Is it a lovelace code or grafana code or other? Thanks in advance.

The JSON-code is for Grafana board. You need to make new board and import it through “Import via panel json”. Paste json code and hit load.

After “Load” you need to select Glances datasource in InfluxDB which can be like “Glances”.

1 Like

Well done! :smiley:
Works 100% Thank you

1 Like

Brilliant! Was on top of my to-do list and you saved me a ton of work!!! Many thanks.

1 Like

Hi, I tried but I get no data…

Can’t select “localhost”

Hello @sender, you need to do first the preparation to import data from Glances to the Influxdb, info in the original Dashboard:

Franck Nijhof made nice video also about the process:

Still no luck… I do see/have the glances filling influxdb:

But when I make the dashboard for grafana I can only select 1 db:

OK, did not look properly what your images was saying and seems like you have not configured Glances datasource in the Grafana.

You have now only one datasource in your Grafana installation which is called “InfluxDB”. You need to make same kind of new datasource. If you have your Glances data flowing into InfluxDB, you only need to add new datasource into Grafana which points into InfluxDB database where Glances data is, maybe like called “Glances”.

Hope this helps!

I think I am going to give up…

Do no give up yet @sender - there could be just a little thing which is blocking it all.
Let’s debug your setup:

Have you checked in the InfluxDB that data flows from Glances into database?

Frenck doing checkup (at 9:43):

Yes I do see data in influxdb

@sender, and now as you have that glances influxdb datasource set up in the Grafana, if you import the dashboard again, can you select the Glances datasource from the list and it still gives those red errors “! database name required”?

Yes indeed like that… :frowning:

@sender, let’s check if you actually can see the data from InfluxDB in Grafana.

Make new empty dashboard with empty panel in Grafana

And then make an query to glances -datasource like “from” localhost.load, “select” field(min15):

Do you see the graph popping up?

Hey nikop. Thank you very much for your brilliant work done. Surprisingly for me, when I followed Frenck’s YouTube video and then downloaded Nicolargo’s dashboard from Grafana.com (updated two months ago!) it didn’t work for me. I was frustrated. Luckily I found this topic. Your dashboard is working for me like a charm, so I really appreciate your effort. :100:

1 Like

@Robbb, thanks for kind words. I’m happy you found this topic!

I just did set this up and it was working great directly after I imported your dashboard, @nikop, thanks a lot!

However whenever I now try to open the new dashboard in Grafana it starts to render (I can see the number of CPU cores in the top left) but then the page instantly crashes in Google Chrome with error 5.
Closed the browser, emptied the cache but no change.
Now after a few minutes it suddenly displays again, really bizarre…
Let’s see if it stays stable now

1 Like

@anon94216691, the weird insides of chrome… sometimes it just bugs out and need resets.

Works for me as well, thanks @nikop !

Note that Frencks excellent tutorial workes still except for the dashboard in Grafana using Glances, which you’ve solved.

1 Like