2023.10: New looks and more tile card features!

My apologies @nickrout, I do not participate in the development so I did not know how to track it (MyQ/Python) to the PR’s inclusion in the release, though I see now the PR number is in the notes (I did not know that). But my point at the time is that it was still broken. However…

A couple hours after I did all the installs this just magically started working. Before that it was giving the same error even after updating HA and supervisor. No idea why, but working now.

Thank you for the patient answer.

6 Likes

(Nice reply. That’s how you do it.)

4 Likes

It is an issue with the latest Mosquitto broker. Try to go back to the 6.2.1 version (of the Mosquitto add-on in HA) which is the latest working.

Sorry it probably wasn’t very patient, but hopefully we both learned something.

1 Like

It is not an MQTT issue, it is the HA MQTT add-on that is broken

It is a Mosquitto issue with retaining messages

Not a problem here. I did have something similar, but a restart (of the OS, not just HA) fixed it. Like you, can’t remember when exactly I had to do that, and it may be unrelated as I can’t recall the exact symptoms.

Companion app on Android is very slow after the update.

1 Like

The problem with retaining messages seems to be dependant of how many messages there are. So some of us will never see this problem and others will have a lot of problems, depending of how many zigbee devices there are in the network.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks.

Hello folks,

I cannot seem to find newly introduced fit-mode in picture-entity card.
Was it forgotten to merge?

when I add it via YAML I get following

Also the image is not being scaled as intended

Edit: tested all the fit mode, none have an effect

If you have an old backup of the Mosquitto add-on and you decide to roll back to it, be aware of that all retained messages is also in that backup. If you have some counters (gas meter, electricity meter), they will have the old value until it is updated by the meter. That can create some issues for you if you do some calculation on those values.

Hi,

After the update it seems that Honywell Evohome does not work anymore. On startup I get this error message:

Unable to connect with the vendor's server. Check your network and the vendor's service status page. Message is: Cannot connect to host tccna.honeywell.com:443 ssl:default [Connect call failed ('131.201.64.94', 443)]

However, when I check manually from a browser tccna.honeywell.com is working perfectly. Also for a friend, who has not updated yet, evohome has no issues at all.

Since I can still control everything locally using ramses_cc, it’s not a big issue for now, but it would be nice if this could be fixed.

Same here. I’ve upgraded two Home Assistant Core installations and both have this issue.

didnt spot this during last week of betas, but when I scroll any view now from max top to max bottom or vv the menu bar ‘shakes’ a bit for a moment

Can anyone see that too?

Oct-05-2023 08-35-56

at first I figured this might have to do with a theme, or a camera as background, but even in default as shown here, this is very obvious

Thanks, without my “count: 2” config lines, Modbus works again, indeed.

Wonder why it isn’t listed in the breaking changes, while it couldn’t be any more breaking, as it stops the Modbus integration :frowning:

Also warning about the “retry_on_empty: true” modbus config line, to be removed before 2024.04

2 Likes

EDIT > This was something my end, I haven’t had this problem before so will leave it here. My DNS on my router is pointing to a secure DNS over TLS. This is what seemingly caused the problem, changed my router back to normal 8.8.8.8 port53 and now HA can resolve stuff properly.

I am getting an error, tried to downgrade to 2023.9.3 and then upgraded again but got the error on either version.

Frigate and Dreame integrations not working

* Unable to install package py-mini-racer: WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f388750a650>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=3, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f388750af90>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=2, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f388750b850>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=1, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f3887584210>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz WARNING: Retrying (Retry(total=0, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f3887584a10>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again')': /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz ERROR: Could not install packages due to an OSError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='files.pythonhosted.org', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /packages/50/97/a578b918b2e5923dd754cb60bb8b8aeffc85255ffb92566e3c65b148ff72/py_mini_racer-0.6.0.tar.gz (Caused by NewConnectionError('<pip._vendor.urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x7f38875852d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again'))

If I go to the URL in my browser it works

Seems to be something odd, on the command line in HA I cant ping files.pythonhosted.org, comes back with bad address. But I ping -v4 files.pythonhosted.org it resolves and pings.

Just checked my network settings and IPv6 is disabled, just tried enabling it but still doesnt work.

If I do NSLookup on I can see it resolves a IPv4 and IPv6 address.

After the update, got modbus integration error:

Invalid config for [modbus]: Komfovent AHU Consumption Day, kWh: count: 2 cannot be combined with data_type: uint32 @ data[‘modbus’][0][‘sensors’][33]. Got {‘name’: ‘Komfovent AHU Consumption Day, kWh’, ‘address’: 926, ‘data_type’: ‘uint32’, ‘input_type’: ‘holding’, ‘count’: 2, ‘precision’: 2, ‘scale’: 0.001, ‘unit_of_measurement’: ‘kWh’, ‘device_class’: ‘energy’, ‘state_class’: ‘total_increasing’, ‘scan_interval’: 30}

And the sensor itself is like this:

- name: "Komfovent AHU Consumption Day, kWh"
      address: 926
      data_type: uint32
      input_type: holding
      count: 2
      precision: 2
      scale: 0.001        
      unit_of_measurement: kWh
      device_class: energy
      state_class: total_increasing
      scan_interval: 30

Maybe try what’s mentioned 2 posts up ? That seems to solve it (it did for me)

comment count worked for me, but is the best way?