state-climate-cool-color: '#039be5' # blue
  state-climate-dry-color: '#e0b400' # yellow
  state-climate-fan_only-color: '#0da035' # green
  state-climate-heat-color: '#e45e65' # red
  state-climate-heat-cool-color: '#b200ff' # purple
  state-climate-idle-color: '#395274' # dark blue-grey

Change the colours to what you like.

2 Likes

Very easy update for me BTW. Slightly faster restart too.

Just one backend change - delete the ping yaml and restart.

And one frontend change - add the climate features to my climate cards.

Thanks devs and beta testing team.

5 Likes

Is there a way to disable the new login page? I have HASS behind a load balancer, and now it’s showing that login page even when I’m logging in externally and am not on my internal network.

2 Likes

When will the energy dashboard issue be addressed. Energy dashboard is not calculating the consumed solar if the solar battery is charged from the grid.
This issue is known for more than 3 years and it still not been addressed.

This statement IS confusing for people.
LTS only keeps data which are defined as “keep me in LTS”.
Many data are not stored in LTS (either by its nature - or because a user decided no to keep them in LTS) - and a user will never see them in the new “augmented History view” for long past periods.
So, if a user does need a REAL data (i.e. not interpolated etc; not to mention non-numerical values) for a LONG period (> than default “10 days”) - he would definitely change that “purge_keep_days” Recorder setting to a higher value.

The initial idea “let’s show LTS on History view” has nothing about “no need to revise purge_keep_days”. The new augmented History view (as you said yourself) is only a UI feature to see data in a more convenient way.

2 Likes

It turns out that my load balancer wasn’t adding the x-forwarded-for header properly. I’ve fixed that, and now I’m getting the external login page as expected.

3 Likes

I noticed that the internal view of the new login page is also shown on my external endpoint. I have currently a layer 4 load balancer in front of my external access so Home Assistant does not know the external IP. I would say that it should be possible to disable the tile based login screen entirely, but I could not find any information on this yet. To prevent any privacy problems I had to turn off external access in order to gain some time to find out what to with this.

From a process standpoint I’m not too happy on how this new feature is pushed in this release. I would be better to warn users that the external view will not work in some cases and that there is an option to disable this new page (as stated before).

All my sensor using BLE, and I mean ALL of them changed entity names with the release. Did I miss something, is that intentional?

Same goes for my shelly devices. Dashboard, automations, all need to be reconfigured…

Please tell me that this automatic login is optional and can be switched off? There is no such thing as a Trusted Network since 1980.

5 Likes

On the margin of the new thermostat card:
We have seen some great variants in the release party, but it is not documented anywhere. (Especially, not here)
My problem is that I’ve lost my dual target temperature (low / high) according to the mqtt hvac (climate) integration. As of now (/by default?), only the low (first) value is visible. Is there any guide how to bring it back? is it possible as of now?

I think I’ll freeze my HA version at 2023/11.
My issue is with the new login screen. Look, I understand why Amazon wants to persist your login. They don’t want anything to be in between you and the buy now button.

But HA has access to unlock my front door, open my garage door, and watch my camera feeds. I would like that level of access to be somewhat more protected, than buying someting on Amazon.
I think more effort needs to be put on adding the biometrics, and 2FA. It’s good to see that such effort is under way, even though you didn’t mention Android being part of that effort.
But I had hoped, that this effort was given priority over beautifying the login screen. Especially the passkey feature that Frank mentioned.

My banking app asks for authentication when I open it. So does my password manager. There are good reasons for why they do that.
I hope that on the scale between the convenience and security, that HA will lean a bit more to the security side.

4 Likes

No automatic login was added. If you don’t have trusted networks set up you still need to log in.

You still need to tick the “Keep me logged in” box if you want the login to persist if you don’t have trusted networks set up.

1 Like

You mean like this?

There is nothing forcing you to select ‘stay logged in’ and therefore what you have said above is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Is anyone else also seeing that light entities no longer show the extended controls (color wheel, brightness level, depending on light) when you long press them in the UI on the mobile app? I see that now after updating to 12.0, but haven’t yet checked if it is caused by the upgrade.

Working for me (Apple app). Which mobile app are you using Android or Apple?

Also try clearing your app cache. Not sure how this is done in Android but it should be similar to Apple: Side Menu → Settings → Companion App → Debugging → Reset frontend cache. Then pull down on a dashboard to refresh it.

I am also running a NUC but my sensors are all fine. Check that your sensors weren’t strangely renamed or something… ie: an _2 put on the end.

Android. But I think it must be something else, or there is something more wrong. When I try to pull up the settings I get an ‘error while loading page dashboard’

Things you could do:

Check your logs for errors. Particularly frontend ones.

Try reinstalling the app.

Start a new topic here: Home Assistant Companion for Android - Home Assistant Community the Android dev usually monitors the topic and is very responsive.

Btw, has anyone tried using the todo.get_items service in a script? (Is “items” a reserved jinja2 word? I can’t seem to iterate through the list and I’m not sure what else I might be doing wrong.)

True, if you log in from outside your network. That check box was removed if you log in from the local network, and I understand that it now defaults to keep you logged in.
But that’s not really the my point though.
The point being, I hoped HA would focus on building the biometrics and passkey features instead.