2023.12: Welcome home!

You mean like this?

There is nothing forcing you to select ‘stay logged in’ and therefore what you have said above is irrelevant.

2 Likes

Is anyone else also seeing that light entities no longer show the extended controls (color wheel, brightness level, depending on light) when you long press them in the UI on the mobile app? I see that now after updating to 12.0, but haven’t yet checked if it is caused by the upgrade.

Working for me (Apple app). Which mobile app are you using Android or Apple?

Also try clearing your app cache. Not sure how this is done in Android but it should be similar to Apple: Side Menu → Settings → Companion App → Debugging → Reset frontend cache. Then pull down on a dashboard to refresh it.

I am also running a NUC but my sensors are all fine. Check that your sensors weren’t strangely renamed or something… ie: an _2 put on the end.

Android. But I think it must be something else, or there is something more wrong. When I try to pull up the settings I get an ‘error while loading page dashboard’

Things you could do:

Check your logs for errors. Particularly frontend ones.

Try reinstalling the app.

Start a new topic here: Home Assistant Companion for Android - Home Assistant Community the Android dev usually monitors the topic and is very responsive.

Btw, has anyone tried using the todo.get_items service in a script? (Is “items” a reserved jinja2 word? I can’t seem to iterate through the list and I’m not sure what else I might be doing wrong.)

True, if you log in from outside your network. That check box was removed if you log in from the local network, and I understand that it now defaults to keep you logged in.
But that’s not really the my point though.
The point being, I hoped HA would focus on building the biometrics and passkey features instead.

Do you have trusted networks enabled?

I think you missed the point.

1 Like

This blueprint with mode: single stopped working properly after the update. I changed the mode to parallel as a workaround and it works again. Otherwise, the actions get cancelled even though there are no delays in the configured actions, it’s just a light service on or off with no transition.

Not at all. I think you failed to realise that HA already has options for 2FA and that you CAN prevent it from logging you in automatically.

1 Like

Were you using Glances by chance for that information? On one of my restarts since update one of my Glances integrations disappeared, but after another restart of HA it is back…

I’m really happy we now have the numeric input for Tile cards now! It has made a few things on my dashboard a lot more user friendly.

Now to re-do heaps of dashboards…

1 Like

I was just wondering why some of my devices were unavailable… turns out the the upgrade to 2023.12.0 cooked ZHA and it had failed to start. I restarted HA and was given an error once again, but this time it popped up saying I should restore a recent backup of the ZHA Integration. I clicked yes and this restore of ZHA went ahead and all is now fine… but for how long.

Anyone else have this happen?

Looks like the mode is actually meant to to be restart.

Really?

You couldn’t be bothered to even read just the last post before yours?

Again, nice update to end the year!!

I would like to take the time to thank all the HA team and everyone that has also contributed throughout the year. I have no doubt it is only going to get bigger and better. Wishing you all merry Xmas and a safe, and happy new year :christmas_tree: :santa: :gift: :heart:

Love your work :+1:

Blacky :smiley:

9 Likes

I have another issue with the new login page. It surely looks nice, but my login process does not work as smoothly as before.

I have a complex password, hence I use a password manager. The best practice not to copy/paste the password, but use auto type to enter the credentials.

With the old login page, I could auto type USER, TAB, PASSWORD, now I need a separate manual mouse click either on the user (and then only auto type PASSWORD) or on the other login options to proceed as before.

Is there any link I can bookmark to preselect a user or the “other login options” page and then use auto type without manual clicks before?

3 Likes

I love the fact that I can easily toggle on my AC’s wind free feature now, before this update couldn’t even figure out where to switch it on, cause the entity didn’t have that info, I had to open up the smart things app before to switch on wind free, now I don’t even need to touch the smart things app

2 Likes