2023.2: How can I Assist?

Read the full release announcement here
9 Likes

When selecting multiple entities from a list in the UI, it will now exclude already added entities.

brb updating immediately :tada:

If you are using MariaDB, don’t miss note about updating to 10.5.17 , 10.6.9 , 10.7.5 , 10.8.4 or later (addon version 2.5.2). Do this before updating to 2023.2.0 to potentially reduce the time database migration takes.

6 Likes

How would the average user know which database they are using?

A user that’s using mariaDB is not an average user , shouldn’t be an issue :slight_smile:

21 Likes

You would have had to manually installed it and migrated to using MariaDB. If you haven’t done that you are using the built-in SQLite database which does not have the problem.

no update yet for me…patiently waiting… :slight_smile:

Yeah, the update is broken for me too.

When I run

ha available-updates

I just get “Unexpected server response. Status code: 403”

In Supervisor logs, I have this:

23-02-01 20:50:53 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.api.middleware.security] /available_updates no role for a0d7b954_ssh
23-02-01 20:50:53 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.api.middleware.security] Invalid token for access /available_updates

1 Like

I know that, but the average user wouldn’t and might spend some time researching a nonexistent issue.

6 Likes

You have to do a little research to set up the MariaDB in the first place, so I believe you’re looking for an issue where there really is none :grinning:

P.S. I believe that every user who is able to install and set up HA is able to know or find out if he is using something or not - clearly HA is not some OOTB solution (yet).

1 Like

Check in the configuration.yaml file if there is a SQL line with a connection string to MySQL / MariaDB. If that’s the case check your version with:

mariadb --version

This will output the version being used. Keep in mind that an sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade will not update your MariaDB version. You will have to remove and reinstall.

1 Like

For some people that are using the core version (so am I) and running Raspbian with an old rustc version, you need to update this to a newer version to compile bcrypt en cryptography.

In my case removing the old version and installing it again did fix the issue.

1. Remove old Rustc and Cargo:

$ sudo remove rustc cargo

1. Login as the HomeAssistant user and reinstall Rustc:

$ curl https://sh.rustup.rs -sSf | sh

After that logout and sign-in again as the homeassistant user and use pip to upgrade homeassistant like you normally would do.

5 Likes

What happened to frontend precision overriding?

3 Likes

Removed for the time being due to unseen problems that could arise impacting other functionality.

What is the community version?

core version, sorry my mistake

yip, I get no updates

check for updates, it’s released for sure.

No fix for Enphase D7 firmware? :sob:

Although Hebrew is listed under supported languages for Assist, looks like it only understand English.
Anyone figured out if Assist is supposed to work with other languages?