2023.2: How can I Assist?

The blog post about Assist said you can swap out the engine with Google Assistant. How do you do that? I didn’t see any mention of that in the docs: Assist - Talking to Home Assistant - Home Assistant

Edit: You have to enable the conversation agent in the “Google Assistant SDK” integration settings. Maybe that should be explained in the Assist documentation

2 Likes

The average user doesn’t read this blog or breaking changes and instead just hits Update :wink:

9 Likes

Is it possible to add a feature to drag dashboards cards instead of clicking on the up and down button of an card to position it?

2 Likes

Could be Browser issue, still doesn’t seems to work in FF, thou Edge is ok, and Android-App
FF also ok, here

PS: thou still no Microphone in FF, so no option to speak :frowning: , through laptop mic , browser

Also no microphone on FF, it’s allowed though for HA.

Can anyone please enlighten me why you would want to type a command instead of a pressing a button, what am I missing?

It Seems like the “listening” dialog, don’t work in this pop-up, or the “function/app-js” doesn’t get through … something is “missing” in FF, whether that do to the “enclosure” in the pop-up or what/why it’s “missing” im not that familiar with …
So i guess your not “missing” anything, and soon this will most likely also be solved :wink:

Hi @boheme61, those were 2 seperate things in my post:

• to chime in that FF is not working over here as well
  • the question why to type commands

soon enough this might come in “handy” when/if we get so far so we start to build up our own locale/private commands, it a Tool, not a Dialog Window you can use to “talk to your self” :slight_smile:

I don’t use the default_config: entry. Is there a standalone entry to turn on Home Assist without using the default_config:?

4 Likes

Conversation:
Default Config - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

2 Likes

Thanks Adrian.

I got a message saying I have to remove IMAP from my YAML after the update, but I don’t see anything about breaking changes. Have I missed something?

IMAP is now a “native” integration, no need for YAML

1 Like

Baby steps. This is merely the beginning of a grander plan. https://www.youtube.com/live/ixgNT3RETPg?feature=share&t=205

3 Likes

Integrations now setup from the UI)

1 Like

Belongs in Feature Requests.

I think the Assist and future Voice Assist features should have their own setting in the Analytics Section.

Data will be needed to improve functionality.

1 Like

Appreciate your work here!

I’m in the same boat as perjury1 above. The Synology has only one version of MariaDB available. My question is this: Will this update degrade the performance I currently have in 10.3.29, or am I already effected by the problem? (I’m trying to decide if I can upgrade HA Core or not, my total DB size is ~250MB)

FWIW: The MariaDB bug only says 10.5.9, 10.5.13 are affected (and presumably newer). I’m not sure that I trust completely, because it only mentions the 10.5.9, 10.5.13 versions whereas the release notes specify several new versions that fix it.
https://jira.mariadb.org/browse/MDEV-25020

1 Like

Any version below 10.6.9 has known reported performance problems (not a single issue but the issue you mention above is the likely the worst one for most installs). It’s not a new problem but the MariaDB add on was only updated yesterday to resolve it which is reason for the increased awareness.

250MB should be fine though as it’s likely not enough data to trigger any of the known issues.

Question regarding hassil after trying it.
I wanna be able to ask “Is my water heater on?” and have it respond without doing anything.
Would asking about the state of something be classified as an intent or conversation?