2023.3: Dialogs!

{name} slot does not work for custom sentences after the update. What could be the problem?

- sentences:
          - "(set|change) {name} volume to {volume} [percent]"
        requires_context:
          domain: "media_player"

New dialogs are nice on phone but buttons in dialogs on pc are way too big :joy:
Is there possibility to get tabs back in the models?

3 Likes

Just got a notification and error message for Music Assistant - anybody got any hints?

Ask on their github?

Are those sensors created with the correct device_class (power)?

Music Assistant has had dependency issues with every release lately. Looks like they’re working on a new version and don’t plan to fix the current version for 2023.3:

I will not fix it anymore this time. V2 launch is very soon and then we can say goodbye to these kind of dependency conflicts forever. So for now, stick with previous HA or live a while without MA :wink:

I am really working on the last bits of MA v2.0 so keep an eye on discord for the beta instructions.

2 Likes

Seeing this in my Docker logs for 2023.3.0 image:

/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/requests/__init__.py:109: RequestsDependencyWarning: urllib3 (1.26.14) or chardet (None)/charset_normalizer (3.0.1) doesn't match a supported version!
  warnings.warn(

This is what requests looks like near init.py:109 on image:

# Check imported dependencies for compatibility.
try:
    check_compatibility(
        urllib3.__version__, chardet_version, charset_normalizer_version
    )
except (AssertionError, ValueError):
    warnings.warn(
        "urllib3 ({}) or chardet ({})/charset_normalizer ({}) doesn't match a supported "
        "version!".format(
            urllib3.__version__, chardet_version, charset_normalizer_version
        ),
        RequestsDependencyWarning,
    )

I don’t see any impact.

Thanks guys!
Installed flawlessly, only python 3.11 didn’t go well…

ZHA SkyConnect won’t load
This seems the culprit:

ImportError: cannot import name 'TuyaDPType' from 'zhaquirks.tuya.mcu' (/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zhaquirks/tuya/mcu/__init__.py)

The precision setting thing is a sign of just how mature HA has become. It’s something I’ve been wishing for some time.

Thanks @wklink for posting this here.
I guess ‘living without MA’ it is - at least for now :astonished:

I’m also having issues after this upgrade. I’m using MariaDB addon in hassos and I waited for the db upgrade to complete. I first had 2 integrations reporting errors. Rebooted HA and half of my integrations had errors. I rebooted the host and now back to 2 integrations reporting errors.

I tried deleting the two integrations that are throwing errors and not loading (Wyze API and Uptime Kuma) but nothing happens after I click on delete. Tried multiple times and they refuse to delete.

Update: Looks like the issues are with the integrations. Both github pages (Wyze and Uptime Kuma) have reports about this. There is a quick manifest update that fixes the Wyze issue.

Uptime Kuma is working for me.

Wyze integration is failing.

Also tried restart and a full reboot, which actually does not take longer.
Setup failed for custom integration wyzeapi: Requirements for wyzeapi not found: [‘wyzeapy==0.5.17’].

Added: link for the bug - Fails with Home assistant 2023.3 beta ¡ Issue #462 ¡ JoshuaMulliken/ha-wyzeapi ¡ GitHub

Updated: the workaround listed in the bug notes worked for me. Had to do a reboot, instead of restart, as the config shows an error.

How does one align credentials across multiple thread networks like is says here:

It is possible to align credentials for TBRs from different vendors and have them form a single network together. This allows you to freely move devices between rooms without losing connectivity. To do this, you need to make sure that all TBRs use the same credentials.

1 Like

In an ssh session, you can do a

find / -name zigbee.db

to find it. In my case, in /config/

I am running MariaDB with the standard addon and upgrade went well. This includes the long term statistics.

2 Likes

The ecobee change looks to break and reverse the original function of auxheat. Is there a option to disable this change as it breaks my automations and purpose.

Heat pumps commonly have aux heat. Ecobee supports aux heat as supplemental heat not just aux only. Now I no longer have a status of when the aux heat is firing to boost the 2 stage heating because of the set point being off.

I’m not sure why anyone would just run an aux only mode if your heat is still working.

1 Like

Really disappointed by the UI change to the lighting controls. It makes it look prettier at the expense of being worse. The controls are now hidden and behind submenus, making everything slower and more awkward to use.

It definitely looks better, but is objectively slower and worse to use. I really hope they revise that UI soon with a better design and this isn’t a sign of future Home Assistant UI changes to come, with more UI made prettier, but worse over time.

17 Likes

Agree. Hopefully all controls will be on the same page.
A slider which is currently shown as the “main slider” - is not the most important for some users.

2 Likes

Personally, I love the new UI. Hiding things which are not used by the majority of users in my household is a great step forward, I can live with needing an additional mouse click or two when I want to look at more admin type stuff.

Great update team, flawless upgrade for me!

8 Likes