2023.3: Dialogs!

I can confirm the feature works fine on most of my 100 plus entities I use it on…

Let alone the plentitude of cut yaml round() and defaults for those

1 Like

Here are 3 sensors.

All set for 2 decimals in the new UI. And the result

I have hit control F5 many time and also restart HA to be sure. The feature does nothing

1 Like

Yeah, works fine for me too

Had the same issue with a SonOff controller. I eventually discovered that the virtual serial device used to communicate with said controller had changed after some upgrade (had quite a few in my backlog and did not notice which one created the issue). It did not correspond to the one registered in the configuration anymore. If that’s your case as well, it only take a few seconds to fix in configuration.yaml.

1 Like

What browser? What OS? I am in Chrome - WIndows as I write this

Same in Safari on my iPad so not Chrome issue

1 Like

Could you tell which integrations do you have which provide sensors with many digits & which are properly processed by this " Sensor display precision" feature?
I am asking because wanna reproduce it…

it does work, but you need to reload the dashboard (change the current dashboard, or F5)

grafik
grafik

anyhow - I need to change the thresholds of my gauges now :smiley:

macos chrome, macos safari, android, iOS all work

I have done the control F5 a million times.

If you got issue with display precision, please follow this issue : The UI for the new precision feature does not work well if the value happens to be round-ish at the moment and rounding is broken · Issue #15667 · home-assistant/frontend · GitHub.
Keep debugging in the GitHub issue thread instead of this thread :blush:

2 Likes

No , reloading does not help)

ok, for me it just worked fine - but only after reloading… so sorry - I thought, it would be worth to mention here in case, that others might have similar issues and a simple reloading could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try ctrl f5 to force refresh without cache.

Anyone else getting Thread detected even though you dont (think you) have any?

so… does anyone know, why some of my power sensors do not show the option to convert from W to kW ?

example, current charging rate for my EV:
here, I do have the option to convert from W to kW, but nothing changes…
grafik

grafik

It is a custom integration, is something in particular required to actually allow converting the value?

Another case - my SolarEdge Integration (Custom Component, SolarEdge-Modbus)
Here, not even the option will be shown:

grafik

grafik
This applies to all Power-Sensors from this integration…

No, and “hard-resetted” browser as well (chrome), and resetted frontend cache (iOS companion) as well.
Browser’s cache is cleared after each HA update.

There’s some issues with the skyconnect and zha , see ZHA not working with SkyConnect · Issue #85284 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Tried Chrome on a Linux computer. Same problem. The numbers are not rounded. The UI shows the rounding off but no matter what you select the number stays the same with all decimals showing.

There is a locale difference between languages. I run English OS and English HA even though I am Danish. But if I did run Danish the decimals point will be a comma and not point. And same in French. And German. Is the code done with commas?

2 Likes

Seems you are right, changing a number format from a “default” kills the feature.
Here.