2023.3: Dialogs!

Did you wait until the database upgrade was completed? I had the same issue, but simply let it run for the night and in the morning it was all migrated.

Hi,

The solution I found there works for me : Requirements for uptime_kuma not found: ['pyuptimekuma==0.0.6']. ¡ Issue #37 ¡ meichthys/uptime_kuma ¡ GitHub

You just need to type “pip3 install pyuptimekuma==0.0.6” in the command shell of your HA container and Uptime Kuma will be fix after reboot.

I have the same issue since the update,
I can’t adjust he thermostat temp from the UI

Dears,

This is all wonderful. For me biggest question is when you will get rid of AM/PM time presentation, since it is used only in USA, and show the proper 24h time, also for the dates, similar thing, to give people option to choose date format, from usual European (and world wide) dd-mm-yyyy, to coders friendly as well yyyy-mm-dd . I am not lonely in this request I am quite sure that more than 80% of HA users will be happy with this tiny but also so major improvement.

Thank you
Andjela

at least, you can already set the time in 24hr format in the user settings :wink:
(localization)
grafik

Regarding the date format, there’s already a Feature Request:

Since the upgrade (at least one) automation was missing. Ver 2023.3.1 didn’t resolve this issue. I had to go back to the backup of 2023.2.5 which made it available again. Strange.

update: apparently the specific automation contained something illegal which was not bothered in v2023.2 but in 2023.3 it did. I deleted the automation and rebuild it → now it works again.
Error in log was: extra keys not allowed @ data[‘action’][0][‘choose’][1][‘sequence’][3][‘delay’][‘sequence’]. Got None

No logs, no issue.

Hi,
You’re running HA from a docker container, so I assume it has python.
The installed syno packages are not used by the docker container.

Rgds,

hehe, I dont use those that much, so hadn’t noticed either.

so glad we can still use an entities card with a plain toggle. Or just have our own custom:button-card designs that dont get touched upon these modernizations in the core HA Frontend.

looking at these, makes me wonder why there is that slider/switch in the first place, as it has become ‘just a big slider switch’ panel, instead of a ‘more-info’ view panel we expect.

I mean, on a light more-info that makes sense, but on a switch? on/off, what’s more to mimic there? I must be missing the obvious for this improvement

There’s also a bug probably, as this switch (which is turned into a fan in the UI), doesnt show the new slider switch, but still uses the toggle we saw before.

clicking that option in the settings reveals another bug:

4 Likes

But has been exactly mentioned from several users in the beta already. To click on a switch to see only a big switch and no direct history anymore …

Unfortunately nothing changed.

11 Likes

yeah, sorry I missed that aspect in the beta,
(I did manage to PR the fan icon though :wink: )

really odd, now I recheck the same entity , I get a cut off dialogue in English…

seems really unstable currently, not sure what is happening

Question about sensor display precision (may be question for @emontnemery)
My water is displayed like this

But I don’t see how to modify the precision. Is it not available for an input number ?

Seems different as another sensor like:

I would like same kind of approach but for conversion for instance:
daily unit meter is in minute but if I display this for a month, it would be nice to have a kind of max treshold (if it’s more than 60mins, display in hour,min)

1 Like

ok, i have for quite awhile used /Developer/—restart— . if that was my purpose, i.e update - HACS(custom) component, but Reboot and the others, that comes with this “package” was spread out, to me it makes sense to "collect this in a menu, i know it “cost” 1 click more for the “restart”, but gains in a functional/logic, i guess we all “develop” various routines :wink:

1 Like

Have you tried with HHH, instead of hhh ?

I was, I got the error “Database Migration failed” two times (.0 and .1). Waiting for 0.2 then I’ll try again.
After reading this I made a full backup before, so only an hour or so is missing.

Still problems with precision feature in 2023.3.1

I post it here in case you are hit by it.

It seems the safest Number format right now is fixed 1,234,567.89 or 1.234.567,89 and not None, or system based or browser based.

Hello! I have just created new venv with python 3.11.2, however I can’t install pybluez=0.22:
With python 3.10.9 I had no issue at all (previous, currently running venv).
Could anyone suggest me how to solve it? (I couldn’t find solution with google)

gcc -pthread -Wsign-compare -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O3 -Wall -fno-semantic-interposition -fno-builtin-malloc -fno-builtin-calloc -fno-builtin-realloc -fno-builtin-free -ljemalloc -DTHREAD_STACK_SIZE=0x100000 -fPIC -I./port3 -I/srv/homeassistant_3.11.2/include -I/usr/local/include/python3.11 -c bluez/btmodule.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-cpython-311/bluez/btmodule.o
      bluez/btmodule.c: In function ‘PyInit__bluetooth’:
      bluez/btmodule.c:2837:22: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
       2837 |  Py_TYPE(&sock_type) = &PyType_Type;
            |                      ^
      bluez/btmodule.c:2838:29: error: lvalue required as left operand of assignment
       2838 |  Py_TYPE(&sdp_session_type) = &PyType_Type;
            |                             ^
      error: command '/usr/bin/gcc' failed with exit code 1
      [end of output]

Sorry, I disagree.
Same as - since blind users are a MINORITY, we anyway MUST allow them to use HA.

1 Like

Not really sure. When I noticed the missing data, a couple of hours were already passed since installation. Since I read here to expect a 15 minutes to rebuild, I’ve assumed something was wrong and I’ve restored the backup.

I haven’t seen any indication that the database would be rebuild, or something was in progress. I didn’t check very thoroughly tough. (backup are so easy to restore that I didn’t fret too much)

Same here. MariaDB as an add-on, after the update a lot of integrations weren’t available/couldn’t be loaded (incl supervisor, hacs, daikin, waze, …).
Had to go back to a backup.
Running Hassos as a VM on Unraid …