2023.5: Let's talk!

Thanks, mine SSD is connected via USB and is working fine for a long time but due to all the issues reported on the OS update I’m a bit anxious to update from 9.5 to 10.1
Maybe the X825 is the way to go.

I’ve read this in the breaking changes:

All YAML configuration options for the history integration have been removed as they were no longer used by the frontend.

It means we can completely remove the history: option in the configuration.yaml or we can remove all the entries regarding this option leaving only history:?

If you have default_config: remove history:. If you don’t have default_config:, keep history: without it’s inner contents.

2 Likes

It’s fixed now and is in HACS.

I think I need clarification…

In reading this whole thread about exposing entities to Alexa I think I’ve read that you can no longer expose entities to Alexa via the yaml cloud configuration unless the entity has a unique_id?

Is that correct?

And as an extension of that is the yaml cloud configuration being completely removed and you can only expose entities to Alexa via the UI? Or is yaml cloud config remaining as an option?

If you’re using the UI, entities need to have unique_id.

If you’re using yaml, it doesn’t matter.

EDIT: Let me clarify because your question is phrased oddly: No, YAML configuration for smart_home is not going away.

Yes

thank you…

Had a same issue with the Wiz Light HACS integration. The HACS integration is now apparently archived and it has been added to the official Wiz integration (look at the first paragraph of the README here). Removing all the devices, uninstalling the HACS integration and restarting Home Assistant resolved the issue for me. After the restart I got a notification in HA that “new devices were found” using the official Wiz integration.

1 Like

14 months ago!

I use this with a Kingston 240GB SSD. However, I had to use a USB cable extension to double the cable length as it seemed to be interfering with the Rapbee II ZigBee card I use.

I’ve updated the OS btw. There seemed to be a couple of hiccups initially but after a couple of full reboots it’s now working fine.

Thank you! I missed that breaking change a long time ago. Removed and readded with the official integration and everything is working again.

hi all,
is possible to use ESP32-S3-BOX( Limited Sale: Launching ESP32-S3-BOX, a Versatile AI Voice Development Kit for the Smart Speaker Market | Espressif Systems ) instead of m5stack atom echo for voice control?

arpscan tracker is no longer working correctly with HA core version 2023.5.0 and higher.
See this on github. arpscan tracker no longer working correctly with HA core version 2023.5.0 and higher · Issue #13 · cyberjunky/home-assistant-arpscan_tracker · GitHub

Is there a solution for this?

In the terminal try

apk add arp-scan

Hi
another nice update! I hope to have the voice integration working soon.

I have updated my HA to 2023.5.2. unfortunately the integration no longer works with the unifi protect. the Unifi protect is on a UniFi OS UDM Pro 3.0.20, Protect version 2.8.22.

I hope this can be made again, of course I use the camera images. but also the sensor data to switch on the light when it is dark or to switch on the lamps when there is movement.

“No longer works” is unhelpful. What exactly is or isn’t happening? What does your log tell you?

1 Like

Same here. I see this in the error logs

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/config/custom_components/unifiprotect/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup_entry
    await _async_get_or_create_nvr_device_in_registry(hass, entry, nvr_info)
  File "/config/custom_components/unifiprotect/__init__.py", line 135, in _async_get_or_create_nvr_device_in_registry
    device_registry = await dr.async_get_registry(hass)
AttributeError: module 'homeassistant.helpers.device_registry' has no attribute 'async_get_registry'

Delete the integration. Uninstall the custom component. Restart and use the core version.

2023 update has been a disaster for me. I use HAOS in a TrueNAS Scale VM and the VM has to ne restarted several times a day for access via a Web browser (Chrome) or the Android app. If a second attempt is made, a restart must be done.

This hasn’t happened before. I get the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED nearly every time a login is tried. Does anyone else have this problem? It is driving me spare.

1 Like