2023.5: Let's talk!

Read the full release announcement here
4 Likes

Sorry, this is probably a stupid question, but can webhooks send “raw data”? My projector can be controlled via network, if i connect to 192.168.1.33:4999 (the ip on my network) with “raw” in putty, i can send “PWR ON” [Return] to the projector and it turns on. Can I use the webhook-functionalty to do the same?

Yes, you can pass data through webhooks. It looks like you just need to pass an arbitrary string and then, in your automation, invoke the telnet integration (as an example) or use command line switch perhaps to invoke telnet to pass raw string to the projector

You don’t need to reference value_json in your template if it isn’t a JSON payload. Just refer to value to access/parse the raw data. (Technically the webhook is receiving the data; not sending it.)

What a wonderful release !
Many thanks for all of you guys.
HA is the best open source project ever !

1 Like

warning to everyone, I’ve just updated and lost all the devies I had exposed to google assitant, it’s going to take me ages to work out everything and add them back to the relevant rooms, not happy!

17 Likes

me 2. i’m trying to restore 4.6 right now, just to get the list of whats exposed again :frowning:

Thanks for the heads up :+1:t2:

After the update, my AppleTV integration from HACS is failing to start. I am seeing this error:

Setup failed for custom integration apple_tv: Requirements for apple_tv not found: ['pyatv==0.10.0'].

Anyone know if a fix?

Thanks,
Chris

Edit: Looks like a workaround/fix is here: Stopped working with hass 2023.5 beta · Issue #1980 · postlund/pyatv · GitHub

Edit 2: It looks like the native Home Assistant AppleTV integration works on the latest TVOS version. I moved back to the official integration. Everything seems to work well.

2 Likes

With the new Roborock integration, is there a way to only clean certain rooms? The docs don’t mention anything one way or the other.

3 Likes

Does anyone know if this has potential to cause issues with the Alexa Custom Skill? Not using the built-in one.

1 Like

Wow, the number of changes is huge! What a great project. Many thanks to all those who’ve contributed.

Nest Protect integration fails after this update.

1 Like

Seems almost every integration in the HACS fails. Nest Protect integration fails too.

ZHA crashed after update:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py:133
First occurred: 23:41:32 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 23:41:32

Error setting up entry SkyConnect Multi-PAN for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 387, in async_setup
    result = await component.async_setup_entry(hass, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/__init__.py", line 122, in async_setup_entry
    await zha_gateway.async_initialize()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 230, in async_initialize
    self.async_load_devices()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 238, in async_load_devices
    zha_device = self._async_get_or_create_device(zigpy_device, restored=True)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 570, in _async_get_or_create_device
    zha_device = ZHADevice.new(self._hass, zigpy_device, self, restored)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 408, in new
    zha_dev = cls(hass, zigpy_dev, gateway)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/device.py", line 153, in __init__
    self._endpoints[ep_id] = Endpoint.new(endpoint, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/endpoint.py", line 109, in new
    endpoint.add_all_cluster_handlers()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/endpoint.py", line 140, in add_all_cluster_handlers
    cluster_handler = cluster_handler_class(cluster, self)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/general.py", line 358, in __init__
    super().__init__(cluster, endpoint)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/cluster_handlers/__init__.py", line 133, in __init__
    attr_def: ZCLAttributeDef = self.cluster.attributes_by_name[
KeyError: 'on_off'

Same here. Home Assistant has removed ALL exposed devices from both Alexa and Google. If you open the Alexa app then you can see the devices because Alexa does not delete devices that have been added. They stay as failing devices. So you can use the Alexa App to look up what you exposed. But it took me an hour to expose all the devices again.

For some reason the default list does not show all domains. Like input_booleans. You can add them with the blue expose entities button. They get listed in the window that opens. And once added you see them in the main window. A bit annoying that not all entities get listed.

Not a very elegant upgrade path. I really like the new UI but I cannot understand why the already exposed entities were not imported.

12 Likes

After update I’m getting this error (integration is not loading).

‘ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for custom integration smartthinq_sensors: Requirements for smartthinq_sensors not found: [‘cchardet>=2.1.7’].’

Can anyone suggest something? Thanks

Edit.
Issue solved after re-downloading most recent integration version.

I am using m5 atom echo and voice assist vis cloud works fast. However, my speakers in the m5 dont work, on both devices i own. Does anyone else have this issue?

2 Likes

The Alexa media custom skill works fine it seems

Seems the component depends on a python lib that is not included. Raise a bug with the authors github

1 Like