2023.5 Resets exposed entities?

Running ODROID N2+ with Home Assistant OS.

Tonight, shortly after I updated HASS to 2023.5, we were turning off our pool lights and Alexa responded with an error message. I checked in the app, and the input boolean that I was using to control the pool and backyard lights was no longer found by Alexa. I dug a little further and found that all of my exposed entities were now missing as far as Alexa was concerned. I probably have a simpler setup than many folks, but we depend heavily on Alexa to control things and I use quite a few input booleans to dynamically control various lights based on time of day/voice command used/etc. Needless to say, it was a pretty significant break to lose all of the exposed entities. I tried to go back and manually reset them in 2023.5, but the new interface was a bit jarring (not BAD persay, just new and given the hurry I was in, not conducive to efficiency). I rolled back to 2023.4 and after a couple of hiccups with ZHA devices, everything is back online.

I really want to upgrade as some of the new features look nice, but I don’t want to have to manually repair the broken exposures. Is there some way to retain them during the update?

Please see the release notes topic.

Thank you! I did a search and didn’t click on that topic because I thought it was just the blog post. I’m still new to how the forums work. So sorry for the redundant stuff…I’ll review the topic.

1 Like

Someone has created a ticket reference these issues, can follow progress here: