2023.5: Let's talk!

Now the “old way of using History page” is officially removed:

Earlier there were TWO use-cases:

1. Open the page → check History of all exposed entities (defined in “history.yaml”).
  2. Select some entity → check its History.

Now we have ONE use-case:

1. Open the page → select one/or more entities → check its/their History.

There were proposals in Community like “give back a possibility to show pre-defined entities” - but this functionality was simply removed.

This change in the change log states:

Refactor handling of exposed entities for cloud Alexa and Google assistant:

• Existing cloud Alexa and Google assistant entity settings will be migrated from cloud store to the entity registry

So if any of you have to re-register anything with Alexa and Google Assistant, then there should be a bug.

Has any of you made an issue on Github already?

Something funky from beta that hasn’t been closed out yet:

There is an official Ecowitt integration by the same author as the HACS one. I’d recommend to migrate to it anyway.

2 Likes

Tuya integration is broken in 2023.5.0

Actually @pvizeli is the codeowner of the HA Ecowitt integration. The author of the custom one, @garbled1, has not updated the integration since 2021, and it is really unlikely that he will update it now. So many PRs and issues already waiting for approvals and fixes… So the only way forward really is to migrate to the official one.

Edit: As a fair warning, migrate to the official one before updating to 2023.5, because the integration cannot be removed on 2023.5 for the same reason why it fails.

1 Like

This shouldn’t have happened and that’s a bug. Did you by any chance run any of the betas?

3 Likes

Sonos support for voice assistant? 🥹

6 Likes

I should have this added in the next major update Through a select entity.

5 Likes

Ok, I am now very confident that 2023.5 broke my Apple TV integration.
Once I saw the new voice features last week, I tried to get my hands on it before the official release but the minute I had it running, my Apple TV integration stoped working and couldn’t get it to work no matter what I tired. restored from a day old back up and waited till today for the official release. But… as soon as I installed the new update, Surprise Surprise! my Apple TV integration died again!

Does anyone can provide some information about non NabuCasa Cloud Google Assistant ?
I expose my devices to Google Assistant through Yaml, will this continue to work ? Does the new UI works with it ? Will overwrite it ?
I will wait before upgrading to be sure that will not break something …

10 Likes

I also had this problem. But the solution was easy… Just delete the HACS appletv part (reboot) and rely on the main branch appletv built-in to HA… Note I did have to repair my 4 apple TVs through…

2 Likes

Amazing to see the progress with Voice Assistants! One question - can USB devices like Jabras be hooked into Assist yet, in the way they can for the Rhasspy addons?

I understand wake word detection is still in the works, so currently Assist needs some sort of manual trigger (push to talk via esphome, mic button tapped in Assist dialog, phone receiver being lifted for VoIP).

But until we have wake word detection, it would be awesome if there was also a service to trigger Assist which would then listen and reply via a selectable USB mic/speaker.

Keep up the amazing work everyone!

1 Like

Webhooks are for sending data to home assistant, you probably want to use something like the shell_command integration to send a ‘netcat’ command (Linux version of Putty raw tcp).

1 Like

Same issue, and no, did not run any beta

1 Like

Happened to me as well. I didn’t run any of the betas.

I also saw all of my exposed entities disappear from Alexa. I like the new interface, but I use input_booleans with Alexa, and not having them available to expose by default felt a bit clunky. Rather than do the tedious work of re-exposing entities and rebuilding routines, I’ve rolled back to 2023.4.

This update looks great…I love all the changes. I did experience a couple of failed integrations (Xbox and a few of my ZHA devices), but I worked through those and got them up and running. When I discovered the Alexa/exposed entities issue I decided to roll back.

Also, I did not run the beta.

3 Likes

Keen to try to voice integration. Looks uber cool!

On the live stream I see essentially the desktop interface being used. I have a few Google Nests around the house and the HA app on the various mobiles in addition to the browser interface on my laptop. How can I use a Google Nest of the HA app as a voice capture device?

I am having this problem as well. It’s a P1 incident for me !!!

Didn’t read the thread before posting did you? It has already been posted about AND the solution.

Hmm… Looks like the update broke a bunch of zigbee devices for me. All the temperature sensors and some of the buttons have gone unavailable and history just seems to stop from when I did the update. Repairing temporarily fixes it too. I updated mariadb this morning as there was a new update there as well, and then there’s the mention of history/recorder here. Something related? In any case, is there a way to go back to a previous version?

1 Like