2023.7: Responding services

Don’t update to 2023.7.2 if you use the Daikin integration. There’s a bug fix submitted for the next version.

3 Likes

How do I get the blueprint that was posted to work? I keep getting an error “sorry i couldn’t understand that”

Which blueprint is that?

The one in the blog post.

It sounds like the blueprint is working but the conversation is not.

Not really sure what you are suggesting tbh.

Are you saying I could set the cache option on each an all of my notifications in yaml, in stead of the single line config option?

Although that would not be a very user friendly option, it would offer more granularity :wink:

Most of my notifications have some sort of date/time in them so I don’t want those cached, simply because they will never be used again.

I do have 1 or 2 that don’t have that so those could be cached.

Will see if this makes it worth the trouble.

Since upgrading I keep getting error messages on custom frontend cards.
According to HACS they are all up to date though.

Basic cards like custom template etc.

Then ask on the authors’ github pages.

Does not seem likely that it is to do with their code

is what you said.

Hello,

How It’s possible to send the OpenAI response as a notify to mobile phone?

Thank You,

Thank you @pcwii I already configured the OpenAI and I have the notfication service but I’m not understending how to send the rsponse that I’m getting from OpenAI to my mobile as notification.
for example:

service: conversation.process
data:
  agent_id: b19b94934647b80c5280497491abd044
  text: tell me details about the sun
response_variable: openai_sun

what next? how can I send this messge response as notification.

Thank You

Me too, I have problems with z-wave js on 7.2. All seems normal and up but there is no log entry (not even one) and no module is responding. Just before the update from 5.4 to 7.2 all was working fine.

Take a look at this thread Getting played album info from OpenAI

I did. Been a while now, but I think I decided to do the Core version update before I removed the HACS version. Might have been an order of operations. Did some manual editing of .storage and resolved.

I have this bug with 7.3, but mobile app still working, It just slow down my Pi 3B

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: components/cloud/__init__.py:9
First occurred: 12:30:44 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:30:44 AM

Setup failed for mobile_app: Unable to import component: cannot import name 'DEFAULT_CIPHERS' from 'urllib3.util.ssl_' (/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 215, in _async_setup_component
    component = integration.get_component()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 813, in get_component
    ComponentProtocol, importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/importlib/__init__.py", line 126, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1204, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1176, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1147, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 690, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 940, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 241, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/mobile_app/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    from homeassistant.components import cloud, notify as hass_notify
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/cloud/__init__.py", line 9, in <module>
    from hass_nabucasa import Cloud
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/__init__.py", line 15, in <module>
    from .auth import CloudError, CognitoAuth
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/auth.py", line 11, in <module>
    import boto3
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/boto3/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from boto3.session import Session
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/boto3/session.py", line 17, in <module>
    import botocore.session
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/session.py", line 29, in <module>
    import botocore.credentials
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/credentials.py", line 34, in <module>
    from botocore.config import Config
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/config.py", line 16, in <module>
    from botocore.endpoint import DEFAULT_TIMEOUT, MAX_POOL_CONNECTIONS
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/endpoint.py", line 22, in <module>
    from botocore.awsrequest import create_request_object
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/awsrequest.py", line 24, in <module>
    import botocore.utils
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/utils.py", line 32, in <module>
    import botocore.httpsession
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/botocore/httpsession.py", line 10, in <module>
    from urllib3.util.ssl_ import (
ImportError: cannot import name 'DEFAULT_CIPHERS' from 'urllib3.util.ssl_' (/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/urllib3/util/ssl_.py)

1 Like

I just thought the same - one of my (YAML) automations was not working because of a syntax error in the jinja template for a variable.

There was nothing (as far as I could see) in the logs, but when I went to the Automations list it was clearly marked as having an error and when I clicked on the automation it presented the exact detail of the error at the top of the automation definition.

However, the very first place I looked was in repairs where I would have expected to see that I had a broken automation being reported.

1 Like

Thanks for the pointer, best (if not only) way I could find to automatically update a local image based on file system changes (static filename - changing contents); other options all require to manually create a custom trigger.

I think I misunderstood how these two new features work (in combination):

What I wanted to achieve with this:

1. create a sentence trigger “is the washing machine running?” in an automation
platform: conversation
command: is the washing machine running
  1. that trigger calls the service conversation.process and is supposed to give an answer no matter which way (tablet using the assist button, iOS shortcut etc.) this assist task has been called:
if:
  - condition: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.waschmaschine_current_consumption
    above: 10
then:
  - service: conversation.process
    data:
      agent_id: homeassistant
      text: Yes, it is still running.
    response_variable: ABC
else:
  - service: conversation.process
    data:
      agent_id: homeassistant
      text: Not, it is not.
    response_variable: XYZ

Unfortunately, it seems to not work this way. When for example triggering that sentence from the assist button, the only response is “Done”. I expected to get the response I configured with the conversation.process service.

Where’s my fallacy of thinking here?

I think my wrong expectation points at the conversation.process service:

• What I’m really looking for is to inject an answer to Assist (no matter which channel was used to call it).
  • Currently I don’t know where an Assist call is made from, so it makes no sense to use a fixed TTS or notify service for the output.

Please advise (I’m only starting with voice stuff in HA) / point me in the right direction.

Edit: found my actual solution I think:

Unfortunately, I don’t see the “Other actions” listed in step 4.
Which HA release added this “Set conversation response” feature?

I could not find out, neither by searching release notes nor by dumb ChatGPT. Hopefully someone here knows :+1:

Edit: it got added in HA 2024.2: