2024.1: Happy automating!

I don’t use it a lot but i does work for me with 1.4 and 1.5

Just reverted to 24.1.5 and Omada works again.

Seems that I got bluetooth issues after updating to 2024.1.6. I noticed that from Switchbot as my curtains became unresponsive via Home Assistant. Oddly enough, I have one device in Switchbot integration that seems to be working, and three that are unresponsive. And again, it’s not the devices as I can control them using my phone and Switchbot app.

Seeing the same thing here, both integrations can’t see the Omada devices (and the official one isn’t even able to set itself up in HA).

I was also having issues with Tuya Local, but the reversion to 1.5 also fixed that.

I guess I should raise an issue because it was not that it was having some stutters, it just instantly reported it could not connect, so it was not even trying. I’ll have to go through the log, although I might have lost that in the restore process.

Started to think I was the only one with Local Tuya connection problems. A reversion to 1.5 didn’t help. A full backup from three days ago neither.
I think I’m going to switch to Zigbee plugs! I’m done with Tuya!

it might get worse in 2024.2.x. I see there will be breaking changes ( sorry Backward-incompatible changes) with the tuya integration ( not Tuya Local), which looks like a major improvement if you want to use the cloud.
However I am getting loads of warnings in the log from Tuya Local, regarding depreciated constants and depreciated support features which are already logged in the custom component github page .

I hear you @Maynstream

I was getting annoyed at the Tuya nonsense and started switching to Shelly. I also have a couple of Zigbee plugs which are more convenient than putting the Shelly in behind the switch, but everything Zigbee is more expensive.

The Tuya ones are cheap, but you get what you pay for.

BTW It looks like a fix has gone in for the Omada issue and should come out in 2024.2. I raised it in GitHub and it appears someone else had also raised it.

As you can see there are no such reported issues

Am I wrong that the issue with having an empty configuration entry causes HA to not start was already fixed?

I just updated to 2024.1.6 and after restarting from the update HA was dead in the water.

I looked in the logs and saw this:

2024-02-05 22:01:17.635 ERROR (MainThread) [root] Uncaught exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 198, in _run_module_as_main
  File "<frozen runpy>", line 88, in _run_code
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 221, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
             ^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 209, in main
    exit_code = runner.run(runtime_conf)
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py", line 188, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(setup_and_run_hass(runtime_config))
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/asyncio/base_events.py", line 653, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/runner.py", line 154, in setup_and_run_hass
    hass = await bootstrap.async_setup_hass(runtime_config)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 147, in async_setup_hass
    config_dict = await conf_util.async_hass_config_yaml(hass)
                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 501, in async_hass_config_yaml
    await merge_packages_config(hass, config, core_config.get(CONF_PACKAGES, {}))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 1029, in merge_packages_config
    PACKAGES_CONFIG_SCHEMA(packages)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/config_validation.py", line 588, in verify
    return cast(dict, schema(value))
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 272, in __call__
    return self._compiled([], data)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 595, in validate_dict
    return base_validate(path, iteritems(data), out)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/voluptuous/schema_builder.py", line 433, in validate_mapping
    raise er.MultipleInvalid(errors)
voluptuous.error.MultipleInvalid: expected a dictionary for dictionary value @ data['powercalc_package']

when I went to the ‘powercalc_package’ it was empty except for [] on the first line.

I removed the empty package and HA started up fine.

I thought I saw that that issue was fixed.

Do I need to create a new issue for this?

1 Like

2024.1.5 certainly fixed the problem for me

Is it only an issue with empty packages?

Could you possibly test it for me?

Just tested with an “empty” yaml, rebooted fine

1 Like

Thank you.

I just tried it again with a completely empty file (removed the []) and it didn’t complain this time.

I guess it didn’t like the square brackets. But those had always worked before the update.

Not a big deal tho. Not many times that an empty yaml file is needed.