2024.10: Heading in the right direction

You don’t need to. But yes, those are triggers so you can update them if you want.

1 Like

Then my OCD is running already to update them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well this is a bummer. One of my two HAOS systems continues to restart causing problems with automations. And worse, it’s my system at home that the family relies on. Restoring to 9.2 or 9.3 isn’t playing nice either. Lesson learned. Full backups before release updates. :confused:

Do you have alexa media player? If yes, check out the global banner.

Global banner?

4 Likes

Same here Google Cloud TTS stopped working for me too, unless it was trying to say something that was previously cached. Proper functionality of being to say anything I throw at it was restored by rolling back to 2024.9.3.
That’ll teach me not to try doing an x.x.0 update again for a while, I usually leave updates towards the end of the month, and I’m not prepared for life without my sexy aussie TTS :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Since 2024.10 update, all my matter devices are unavailable.

Matter server log shows this:

Is popup animations a “new feature” or a frontend bug? How do I disable it?
Popups now open too slowly. Even restart popup window now has this animation.

After failed attempt to update my HA keeps crashing… Not really a good first impression.

Are you using Alexa media player? If so, you know what to do.

Since in automation now we have

triggers:
  - trigger: homeassistant

then shall we use

{{ trigger.trigger == 'homeassistant' }}

instead of

{{ trigger.platform == 'homeassistant' }}

? ))

Traces still show a “platform”:

Well, this Doc is still telling us to use “platform”.

And still there is a non-plural “wait_for_trigger”:

- wait_for_trigger:
    - trigger: ...
    - trigger: ...
3 Likes

Completely uneventful update for me, which is nice. :partying_face:

Love the new graph colours. They work much better with both my day and night themes.

It took very little time to update all my automations and scripts to the new schema using find and replace in VSCode. Even though it is not actually required I did this to force myself to use the new schema to keep current when helping others here on the forums. Also the new schema makes a lot of sense.

That may or may not be changed, I don’t know. Either way, as I said before it is a work in progress. Expect more updates in future releases.

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, are other Firefox users finding that the new Heading card displays in their browser default font (in my case, DejaVu Serif) instead of Roboto?

I’ve seen this behavior before in other parts of the frontend, but this update makes it very apparent in Heading cards. I’ve recorded my observations in this thread and this GitHub issue.

For context, I’m using Firefox 130.0.1 (64-bit), Snap version, canonical-002-1.0 on Ubuntu 22.04.5 LTS (64-bit).

1 Like

Win10x64, FF 130.0.1 - Roboto is used.

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. After upgrading, I started having massive memory leaks. I added 4GB, then another 8GB to the VM hoping it would buy time to investigate, but it didn’t. I didn’t connect the dots, but you did. I disabled the AMP and that seems to have fixed it. It’s not been too long, but I’m sitting at under a gig of consumed memory now. This looks like the issue, thanks again!

After updating my HA is constantly rebooting. Seems to be a memory leak, since I see this on the CLI.

Out of memory: Killed process XXXX (python3)

I’m running on a Raspberyy pi4 w/ 4gb of RAM. Never had this problem

the disconnection errors seems to be related to Alexa Media Player as already stated by petro 2024.10: Heading in the right direction - #134 by petro

Dont have Alexa, never have… Wish it was that simple. 2024.10 killed my day. I should have practiced restores more often in prep for outages like this. My plants didnt get and sleep as HA automation was down all night :wink: Anyway managed to get in fast enough to do safe-mode reboot before an auto restart and reverted to 2024.9. Think I will just wait for the brains trust to find the issues for the next release. I really shouldnt be so eager to update in future. Has never given me problems in the past, silly me. Happy to provide my log if helps the brains trust.

2 Likes

Or you could be proactive and post your logs on a github issue.

But of course you are free to just be ‘that guy’.

3 Likes