2024.10: Heading in the right direction

That’s exactly how I did it. A little round-about, but it gets the job done. I’ve got a helper:

input_boolean.dashboard_einkaufsliste_visible

And these are the cards:

type: heading
heading: Einkaufsliste 🛒
heading_style: title
tap_action:
  action: perform-action
  perform_action: input_boolean.toggle
  target:
    entity_id: input_boolean.dashboard_einkaufsliste_visible
badges:
  - type: entity
    show_state: true
    show_icon: true
    entity: todo.google_keep_einskaufsliste
    color: amber
type: todo-list
entity: todo.google_keep_einskaufsliste
visibility:
  - condition: state
    entity: input_boolean.dashboard_einkaufsliste_visible
    state: "on"
2 Likes

I somewhat can’t believe that HA is getting more and more user friendly, more beautiful UI’s and yet still user is not able to see real “last_changed” when entity was changed not by HA restart.

Maybe it’s worth to take a look at it globally and finally be able to solve intentional value of last changed “while HA was online”?

8 Likes

Hello, after this update of 2024.10 my HA restarting any issue:

2024-10-03 09:15:16.612 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Timeout on call http://172.30.32.1:8123/api/core/state.
2024-10-03 09:16:05.509 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.websocket] Connection is closed
2024-10-03 09:16:05.545 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Error on call http://172.30.32.1:8123/api/core/state: Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.1:8123 ssl:False [Connect call failed (‘172.30.32.1’, 8123)]
2024-10-03 09:16:08.697 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Watchdog found Home Assistant failed, restarting…
2024-10-03 09:16:08.711 INFO (SyncWorker_7) [supervisor.docker.manager] Starting homeassistant
2024-10-03 09:16:08.789 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
2024-10-03 09:16:10.626 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state running
2024-10-03 09:16:10.765 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
2024-10-03 09:16:14.455 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant Core state changed to APIState(core_state=‘NOT_RUNNING’, offline_db_migration=False)
2024-10-03 09:16:15.069 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Auth request from ‘core_mosquitto’ for ‘homeassistant’
2024-10-03 09:16:15.074 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Home Assistant not running, checking cache
2024-10-03 09:16:34.491 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant Core state changed to APIState(core_state=‘RUNNING’, offline_db_migration=False)
2024-10-03 09:16:34.491 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Detect a running Home Assistant instance

Fascinating job! Cheers to everyone involved!! :clap:t3:

Maybe you share some details of your flow and the „template“ you use (Mustache?). I assume you are using an action node?

If needed post an issue in the repo where something similar was reported.

yes restart and hangs issue here too after update within 5 minutes, restore if i can :frowning: 2 releases in a row update breaks something or system… onto the waiting for a fix. I would submit issue but cant even get into logs in time.

Hi, Solarlog integration (on a SolarLog 500) now returns “string index out of range” - and is no longer functioning.

Deletion and re-configuration didn’t work either - what to do?

This, i have the same issue…

1 Like

This version seems to have added animations to dashboard entity window popups. How do I disable them?
Or are popups for some other reason much slower to open than before?

thanks the new version of Alexa Media Player

https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues/2579

4 Likes

this please! I use mushroom title card, which alows it and it would be great to switch to native card

thanks the new version of Alexa Media Player

https://github.com/alandtse/alexa_media_player/issues/2579

Entity card’s history graph color has changed, it’s now tinted to purple from previous blue. :frowning:
Is there a setting for it or is this coming from theme? Any ideas how to revert it?

1 Like

Anyone else found the casting is broken again in this release?

I get the error Chromecast is connecting…

Switching back to the previous release it works fine

I noticed this this morning. It was hanging on the “Connected” or “Not Connected” screen. I restarted HA Core and the device I was trying to cast to and it worked again.

Looks like it’s not those integrations, but the venv setup. I’ll report the issue there.

truly love the new type: heading with its initial offerings. Didn’t get around it during beta, but now that I replaced many of my custom:button-card headers (because of their styling options) with the new type:heading cards, I am really noticing how natural they feel in the yaml configs and Dashboard results.

thank you for introducing those!
I already expressed my hope for a background theme variable to be added to the styling of the type: heading, but even so, we’ve already been able to card_mod those (thanks @iamjosh ) both in direct mod, or with card-mod themes, awaiting that.

Now please add a hold_action to the heading.

In my config, I use ‘hold’ for navigating away, simply to prevent accidental clicks. It has become so natural to do that everywhere, replacing that with the only available tap-action would be a bit of a step back

Hope that isn’t a too exotic request, and the team will consider adding it.

given the Plural here (InteractieS)

I suppose the team already anticipated that…

5 Likes

Tried restarting a number of times, it will not cast from an automation anymore :frowning:

Would be great when the Titel States would be interactive

we discussed that during Beta last week, and the initial documentation was adjusted accordingly to reflect the trigger template is Not Yet migrated

Note the Not Yet…
you really should join beta with your keen eye and extensive config

1 Like