2024.2.3 broke iRobot integration

Hi, I’m new here - just been using HA for a few weeks. Please bear with a newbie.

So far it’s gone very well. I have the OS running on a virtual machine.

But today I installed the latest update, 2024.2.3, and now the iRobot integration won’t work. It says “failed to set up.” The log shows:

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/roombapy/remote_client.py”, line 103, in _get_mqtt_client callback_api_version=mqtt.CallbackAPIVersion.VERSION1,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: module ‘paho.mqtt.client’ has no attribute ‘CallbackAPIVersion’

I tried deleting the Roomba and adding it back. That process fails with the message that it can’t retrieve the password. It worked when I first set this up. This is one of the cheaper models, an i1.

Before I try the procedure to get the password, is there anything else I can try? Is this a known issue or am I the only one?

Also, is there a topic created when there’s a software update? I didn’t find one. Seems like that would be a good idea.

Thanks!

1 Like

I have the same problem.

except it is by installing and configuring the roomba for the first time .

version 2024.2.3

1 Like

I ran into this error too…looks like its a known issue that’s fixed with this merge : Bump roombapy to 1.6.13 by Orhideous · Pull Request #111187 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

There are some comments with workarounds until the next Home Assistant release here: iRobot Roomba and Braava Integration doesn't work after update to 2024.2.3 · Issue #111210 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

Craig, thanks! That’s it exactly.

I think I’ll just wait till the next update and hope that fixes it. I still have the iRobot app so I can use that.

Yeah, going to do the same thing myself

Same here: I am restoring to 2024.2.2 and will not dare further update until confirmation that this is issue is sorted

I’ll do the same thing: waiting for a fix before updating.

It works, just tested it.

1 Like

what do you mean? did you install new version of the core?

Yes, 2024.2.4.

Still something wrong for me.

With 2024.2.4 the basic functionality of the vacuum is restored (it can start, clean and re-dock) but the state attributes show ‘null’ and the vacuum card in lovelace was blanked (like the vacuum did not exist).

Going back again to 2024.2.2, waiting for a proper fix

Im on 2024.2.4 and it shows up in Lovelace for me.

are you using a “custom:vacuum-card”?

It does show in the general Overview of Lovelace but NOT in the custom vacuum card

Im not sure what Im using. I have not customized the dashboard so Im using whatever is the default

Yes, it does show on the standard dashboard overview but it no longer adapts to the custom vacuum card and I think the reason is that the state attributes are muted (so what shows as ‘Charging’ in 2024.2.2 now shows as ‘Nul’ in 2024.2.4).
Since I have got the custom card as a customised dashboard and a Node-red logic using the state attribute ‘Charging’, I am skrewed

No luck. Did the 2024.2.4 update today (along with OS 12) but still can’t add the Roombas back. I get the “can’t retrieve password” message.

It’s one thing if the robot status (battery status, mission count, bin status) isn’t displayed on the default card that comes with HA. It’s actually an issue I can help fix, as I’ve volunteered to help with integration support.

If the status does not work in a custom card, then I think you need to ask the author of that card/dashboard for help.

Which model of Roomba do you have?

I just opened a formal issue here with screenshots and everything

I think that status going from Charging to Null is the problem

Same problem here, I7 and one 676 it works, but the 696, 960, 980 and e5 don’t work. I get the failure “Setup failed, try again”