2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

So that’s what you use in your original template

Yes, and it’s not working either.

Post what you tried

Now it works.

What changed?

{%- set device = iif(device is string, [device], device) -%}
        {%- if (device | length > 0) -%}
          {{ device }}
        {%- else -%}
          {%- set ns = namespace(devices=[]) -%}
          {%- for device_id in integration_entities('mqtt') | map('device_id') | reject('eq', None) | unique -%}
            {%- if (device_attr(device_id, 'model') == '2-in-1 switch + dimmer (VZM31-SN)') -%}
              {%- set ns.devices = ns.devices + [device_id] -%}
            {%- endif -%}
          {%- endfor -%}
          {{ ns.devices }}
        {%- endif -%}

The word innovelli was in the model before. Now it’s apparently not. You can ask the people over at zigbee2mqtt why they changed that.

Yeah just realized that now, thanks again.
I must need more coffee.

This will be less prone for issues after change in Zigbee2MQTT naming

{%- if 'VZM31-SN' in device_attr(device_id, 'model') -%}

1 Like

Told you it would get fixed while I was asleep.

4 Likes

And the trace wasn’t so useless after all

3 Likes

Meh - I’d still say it’s useless.

The developer tools were much more useful.

As useless as identifying that your script returned nothing in it’s search for non existent devices.

4 Likes

Funny now you say it, … I always check Dev-Tools, state/attributes, before i write any templates/automation, addressing these datas, or if i get issues, with a Device/entity

I would like to say I agree, it seems less detailed in general. Just push this button isn’t a great way to tell users of open source software what is happening. Now don’t get me wrong I love HA but it would be great to have one system chosen as the defacto standard system and a “here is how you would do it on Core”.

I would hate to see HA go down the “appliance only” you don’t need to know whats happening without hours of work. So much contribution from the community, it would be a shame to let success cloud the vision. Maybe just a “Running on Core” sticky forum even.

1 Like

Saly after upgrading from 2024.1 to 2024.2 my KNX integration no longer has knx.send as service, or at least it won’t start and I cannot add it in migrations. Existing migrations also fail. After restoring backup 2024.1 all worked again

I’m also looking for this statement, but I can’t find anything except that some people have pointed out that development has been stopped for the time being due to ongoing problems.
Is there a chance that development will continue at some point?

The statement is in one of the state of matter posts a couple months ago.

IMHO, I wouldn’t hold my breath. In the post they discuss there’s complications that require the upstream vendor to fix and at the end of the day it’s only a nice to have feature. They said they’re focused on being a functional complete implementation of Matter first.

Plan on installing the non multipan firmware.

1 Like

Mentioned here, by which point it was already “old news” on the HA Discord server:

1 Like

Could you elaborate?

How would I leverage pyenv in a Home Assistant Core (HAC) installation as set up according to Linux - Home Assistant (IMHO 2024.06 HAC installation instructions are similar to when I set up HAC in 2022)?

I have been updating my HAC installation using the steps from Common tasks - Core - Home Assistant :

sudo systemctl stop homeassistant.service
sudo -u homeassistant -H -s
source /srv/homeassistant/bin/activate
pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

Could you explain if pyenv shall be used as an alternative to venv, or if pyenv shall be used in conjunction with venv?

pyenv manages the venvs for you, and also Python.

For example:

pyenv install 3.12.4
pyenv virtualenv 3.12.4 venv-3.12.4
pyenv activate venv-3.12.4

pip3 install --upgrade homeassistant

Now your systemd unit file gets updated with a new ExecStart line:

ExecStart=/data/homeassistant/.pyenv/versions/venv-3.12.4/bin/hass -c "/path/to/config" --log-rotate-days 1

Really though, just switch to Docker. I did that with the 3.11 deprecation and I’ve not looked back.

2 Likes

Wow, quite an impressive update under the hood. Unfortunately, it came with many broken things or minor surprises which were not documented in any way in the release notes, like:

1. BUG: System monitor integration:
    “processor use percent” broken (regularly “unknown”) → Processor use shows 0% and 100% limits after updating to 2023.11 · Issue #103298 · home-assistant/core · GitHub → fixed in 2024.3
  2. FEATURE: The UI now (finally, after years!) allows to switch to dashboard edit mode with just one single click → awesome!
  3. BUG/FEATURE: Tankerkönig integration:
    despite the fact those were never configured or enabled, now surprisingly all available fuels were enabled silently (in the past I only had “super”, now I also got “super e10” and “diesel” for every station)
  4. FEATURE: The WakeWord configuration is now offered at Link to Voice assistants – My Home Assistant

Maybe I missed something about those changes in the 2024.2(.5) release, but I don’t think so.