2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

You generally don’t need to restore a backup. Just revert HA.

QR code didn’t load for me either. Googled it and found that there’s a problem when using the dark theme. Went to my user profile and temporarily changed it back to light to get the QR code to load properly. Took a few tries with the resulting QR code before it worked, but it did eventually.

The QR code theme issue should be fixed in 2024.2.1.

Looking at your logs would be a good start.

TLDR;
Every time the app communicates with your Home Assistant it uses the access-token, after 30 minutes it refreshes the access-token with the refresh-token, which extends the expiration of the refresh-token by 90 days.

Full detail:
I’ve looked through the dev-docs and scoured the code bases for the iOS app, Android app, and Home Assistant Core to figure out how this works.

Since we are talking about access/bearer tokens here, they are used every time the client (the companion app) makes a request to the server (Home Assistant install). The authorization docs explain that when you log in, your client (the companion app) is sent an access-token that is used as a bearer token with a 1800 second (30 minute) inactivity-expiration, you also get a refresh token that can be used to get a new access-token after that 30 minute expiration time elapses.

So you login, get a code that lasts for 30 minutes, the app makes requests or sends data to your Home Assistant, and every time it does it uses the access-token. It will keep using the same access-token up until 10 seconds (both the Android App and iOS App do this) before that access-token expires, at which point it will use the refresh-token to get a new access-token. at which point the old access-token is invalidated.

If for any reason the app doesn’t communicate with your Home Assistant for more than 30 minutes, the access-token expires and is invalidated, and the next time the app tries to talk to your Home Assistant it gets told “that token has expired”, so the app uses the refresh token to get a new access-token and repeats what it was trying to communicate to you Home Assistant.

Every time the app uses the refresh-token (which is once every 29 minutes and 50 seconds if your Home Assistant is accessible by the app) the expiration of the refresh-token is reset to 90 days from that point.

When sending sensor data the app needs to be able to tell your Home Assistant “the data for these sensors come from this device” it needs to use the access-token to do that.

When the app gets push notifications that require the app to fetch additional data from your Home Assistant, the app will need to use the access-token to do that.

So as long as the device running the app is on and can connect to your Home Assistant, and is either sending or receiving data, the access-token is being refreshed every 30 minutes, which uses the refresh-token and extends the expiration of that refresh-token by 90.

4 Likes

The installation instructions still say to install Python 3.11 (shouldn’t it be Python 3.12?)

I ran into the same problem when logged in on my phone. Tried with my laptop and the qr code appeared. I was then able to complete the reconfigure.

From what I understand the deprecation window is 6 months at which point it will become unsupported. For now you can still use it.

anyone experiencing ipv6 errors on hass-os? it was working b4
ping google.com -6 seems to to show address not available

from the terminal

System information
IPv4 addresses for end0: 192.168.28.5/24
IPv6 addresses for end0: THERE ARE VALUES HERE

[core-ssh ~]$ ip -6 address show
[core-ssh ~]$ ip address show
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN qlen 1000
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
20: eth0@if21: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP,M-DOWN> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP
link/ether 02:42:ac:1e:21:01 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 172.30.33.1/23 brd 172.30.33.255 scope global eth0
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
[core-ssh ~]$ ping google.com
PING google.com (74.125.24.138): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=0 ttl=105 time=13.167 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=1 ttl=105 time=12.066 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=2 ttl=105 time=12.905 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=3 ttl=105 time=13.095 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=4 ttl=105 time=12.808 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=5 ttl=105 time=12.204 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=6 ttl=105 time=12.112 ms
64 bytes from 74.125.24.138: seq=7 ttl=105 time=12.991 ms
^C
google.com ping statistics —
8 packets transmitted, 8 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 12.066/12.668/13.167 ms
[core-ssh ~]$ ping google.com -6
PING google.com (2404:6800:4003:c1c::71): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: Address not available

• Core 2024.2.1
  • Supervisor 2024.01.1
  • Operating System 11.5
  • Frontend 20240207.1

I have been using the beta smartlife integration via hacs in place of the Tuya one for a while. I see the “official” tuya integration is now using the same much simpler authentication. Does this mean the entire new integration in the beta smartlife version is now live in the tuya one, or is there still a difference between them? The beta smartlife integration has been rock solid for me after the months of failed status updates etc. from the Tuya one, so I don’t want to go through converting back to the “official” integration only to find it’s only the authentication that has been updated.

I’ve installed 2024.2.1 and I’ve been informed I have a firmware update for one of my ZigBee devices. I tap on install but it fails. The device is a ZBMINIL2
by SONOFF. It is a no neutral light switch. I’ve tried doing an update with it being on and off, neither works. Any suggestions? Here’s the log which doesn’t particularly help me unfortunately.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/commands.py:240
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 08:38:45 (6 occurrences)
Last logged: 08:52:53

[546893482432] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
[547684506304] Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 240, in handle_call_service
    response = await hass.services.async_call(
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2279, in async_call
    response_data = await coro
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 2316, in _execute_service
    return await target(service_call)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 892, in entity_service_call
    single_response = await _handle_entity_call(
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 962, in _handle_entity_call
    result = await task
             ^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 161, in async_install
    await entity.async_install_with_progress(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/update/__init__.py", line 465, in async_install_with_progress
    await self.async_install(version, backup)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/update.py", line 177, in async_install
    raise HomeAssistantError(f"Update was not successful - result: {results}")
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: Update was not successful - result: <Status.FAILURE: 1>

I’ve just installed 2024.2(.1) and all seems good. Well done to everyone who contributes.

As an added bonus, the number of items in my system log after startup is now down to an all-time record of 1!

1 Like

After the update, everything works fine. But I have one error in the log. Does anyone have a similar experience? What to do with this?

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.translation
Source: helpers/translation.py:288
First occurred: 11:05:49 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:05:49

Validation of translation placeholders for localized (pl) string component.energy.issues.entity_unexpected_unit_gas_price.description failed

Never had issues with Core Updates but this time.
When i update from 2024.1.6 to 2024.2.1 all my automation just disappear.
I can still see all of them in automations.yaml but the Automations Tab is empty and automations are not working.
I really dont know how to fix that.

I have Home Assistant OS installed in Proxmox, after the update the following problems appeared:

Invalid config
The following integrations and platforms could not be set up:

* [xiaomi_airfryer](https://github.com/tsunglung/XiaomiAirFryer) ([Show logs](https://myhassioserv.duckdns.org/config/logs?filter=xiaomi_airfryer))
* [roborock](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/roborock) ([Show logs](https://myhassioserv.duckdns.org/config/logs?filter=roborock))
* [xiaomi_miio](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/xiaomi_miio) ([Show logs](https://myhassioserv.duckdns.org/config/logs?filter=xiaomi_miio))
* [xiaomi_miot](https://github.com/al-one/hass-xiaomi-miot) ([Show logs](https://myhassioserv.duckdns.org/config/logs?filter=xiaomi_miot))

Please check your config and [logs](https://myhassioserv.duckdns.org/config/logs).

Two custom integrations and two - Roborok and xiaomi_miio stopped working.

The problem is “Error occurred loading flow for integration xiaomi_miio: No module named ‘imp’”.

One of the integrations that resonates most with me is xiaomi_miio:

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:2275
First occurred: 12:03:00 (3 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:12:28
Error occurred loading flow for integration xiaomi_miio: No module named 'imp'

and custom Air Fryer

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:251
First occurred: 11:58:42 (4 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:58:57

Setup failed for custom integration 'xiaomi_airfryer': Unable to import component: No module named 'imp'
Setup failed for 'roborock': Unable to import component: No module named 'imp'
Setup failed for 'xiaomi_miio': Unable to import component: No module named 'imp'
Setup failed for custom integration 'xiaomi_miot': Unable to import component: No module named 'imp'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 251, in _async_setup_component
    component = integration.get_component()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 827, in get_component
    ComponentProtocol, importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1331, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 935, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 994, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 488, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/xiaomi_airfryer/__init__.py", line 29, in <module>
    from miio import DeviceException
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/miio/__init__.py", line 12, in <module>
    from miio.device import Device, DeviceStatus  # isort: skip
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/miio/device.py", line 13, in <module>
    from .miioprotocol import MiIOProtocol
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/miio/miioprotocol.py", line 13, in <module>
    import construct
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/construct/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from construct.core import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/construct/core.py", line 3, in <module>
    import struct, io, binascii, itertools, collections, pickle, sys, os, tempfile, hashlib, importlib, imp
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'imp'

I use Home Assistant OS and I do not have full access to Debian to solve the problem myself, I hope the developers will see my messages and this will help fix the problem.

* Core 2024.2.1
* Supervisor 2024.01.1
* Operating System 11.5
* Frontend 20240207.1

There is a section in developer tools > assist which you can use to debug that. It sounds like it used the intent to set the brightness of your lights.

If you use something light set <area> to 50 it will probably get confused with the intent to set the lights on that area to 50%

Edit:
Oh sorry, seems you already found that

just discovered that yesterday. first sentence went ok, but entering a second there hang the system…
apparently it is a costly process, might be related to Increased processor use from Assist Pipeline · Issue #110112 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Not running on a beast of a system, but a miniPC should be decent enough. still, its crunching.

I got this in my log when I updated today:
aiohttp.client_exceptions.ClientResponseError: 429, message=‘This request has been throttled due to an excessive amount of traffic to our service.’, url=URL(‘https://app.melcloud.com/Mitsubishi.Wifi.Client/Device/Get?id=xxxxxxxxxx&buildingID=xxxxxx’)
I have inactivated the integration and will resume it tomorrow to see if it was a temporary problem.

The only issue I found with the Tuya integration is not all entities work properly. I have several fans and only the light entity works. The fan entity errors out.

Awesome new build 2024.2.x

I was wondering if more people are having this issue;

I’ve got 4 camera streams all working for over a year.

Four picture glance cards in Lovelace… Since 2024.2.x some of them don’t load / showing video. Got to refresh/f5 but really since 2024.2 downgraded/ restored backup 2024.1 and no issue. Loading then also takes card empty for a second or so but it shows up. Then updated again, and one of them again don’t shows up on first page load.

Really weird…

4 cam streams are rtsp… H264 And all were working before and seems one of them on new version struggling to show up

1 Like