2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything!

What about mobile apps on the iPad? They don’t leave the house so don’t update location. But I still need the sensor data AND notifications to work to them? I guess what counts as activity. Is background sensor update like updating battery level count as activity? If so - great. If not - less great.

1 Like

if your companion app is sending sensor data then the token is being used and considered active, you don’t have to open the app for it to be active. If you dont have any sensors enabled then yes you may be considered inactive.

17 Likes

Same thoughts. I hate the Tado app for not keeping the session alive. No one opens it, but geofencing is on. Users are constantly loggged out keeping them cold. For now it was Home Assistant to the rescue, but I fear that ends too.

Home assistant is intended to work in the background, automating stuff. As nice as the companion app is, I’m the only one opening it regularly.

2 Likes

Sending pictures to Google’s AI is only as much of a privacy violation as buying a nest cam and paying for their AI recognition features. Most Doorbells do something like that these days, as unfortunate as it is we just need to have an expectation that anytime you’re at anyone else’s house and see a camera, it just isn’t going to be private.

2 Likes

According to the info in breaking changes we should use a long lived token (10yrs).

I would like someone, a dev or an expert, to explain how I use this to keep my phone browser logged in and my HA companion app logged in.
Maybe I am being dumb but I have a few of these tokens for vscode and Alexa etc. But a guide to how to use these for the companion app and a browser session would be good.

And I can see the temporary ones for the relevant mobile devices.
So will the temporary ones self destruct after 90 days?

4 Likes

this should answer your question at all: 2024.2: More voice, more icons, more integrations, more... everything! - Home Assistant :wink:

1 Like

I can’t reconfigure my Tuya Integration after this update. I get to the first page and enter my User Code. Then I click on ‘Submit’ on the next screen where it’s then supposed to pop up the QR code to scan, but instead I just get an error that says unable to login. I double-checked my User Code and tried it again with the same error.

2 Likes

about the refresh token expiration

as long as any (authenticated and valid) communication with HA is done, the refresh token is considered as used. Some examples are updating sensors or receiving notifications in the companion app or keep a browser open showing the HA UI (as long as the browser did not freeze :see_no_evil:)

9 Likes

The proximity.home entity will be imported, but it’s depreciated. Sensor entities are created with the same information as the proximity entity has, but also sensors for each tracked device are created.

2 Likes

Just installed this release; went smooth, as usually.
Thanks guys! :+1: :bowing_man:

I’m watching the live stream (delayed) and only noticed now that it’s possible to rename the headers of actions, conditions and actions… :blush:
Nice feature though to be able to move things around right away!

About renaming: sometimes it can be useful (in my opinion) to keep the current text of the header + add some comment.
Would it be possible to, instead of showing the current header text faded out, to keep it available and if needed just delete/cut and add additional text?

@synesthesiam (voice Mike): well done to make the assist feedback more meaningful! :bowing_man:

Good to know.

How do you use the long lived token though?

same here - QR code does not display. Instead error is

There is problem with the new Tuya app re authentication. the last part after inputing the user security code did not show QR-Code instead it shows Invalid hex color: rgba(43,55,78,1).

Should the time and date integration have been imported?

It has not for me. No repairs generated either. Still using YAML.

2 Likes

I did read that first actually but maybe is my shortcoming but i not find the answer on my question there, maybe the format is wrong, i am wondering if you still will be able to create a proximity sensor using the proximity (distance) to home from device trackers of several different persons.

Similar as I have now a proximity.home entity that uses trackers of my phone and aswell of my wife and kids phones

Will the 90days expiring for tokens have some impact for the Alexa Integration? Or does Alexa connect every day so the token will stay alive?

1 Like

Now that there is myUplink in core, should elupus/hass_nibe users switch? Will everything still work? Is there a way to migrate the history across?

Ok, thank you!

Although not mentioned in the release notes, we also added several Xiaomi BLE buttons and wall switches in this release (More specifically, the following devices: RTCGQ02LM, JTYJGD03MI, SJWS01LM, K9BB-1BTN, XMWXKG01LM, K9BB-1BTN, K9B-1BTN, K9B-2BTN, K9B-3BTN, MS1BB(MI), XMWXKG01YL, YLAI003). Button clicks are recorded as events.

2 Likes

I had to go through the integration site on the home assistant website and add to my instance for the qr to show.

Although this is the first time using the tuya app the fan entity is greyed out. The light entity and countdown entity are active and work as expected.

2 Likes