2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Sensor: section from configuration.yaml is not loaded. So I am missing a lot of sensor and some integrations like Bitcoin.

Yes, will be fixed in 2024.3.1. See SNMP device tracker broken in 2024.3.0 and Python 3.12 · Issue #112548 · home-assistant/core · GitHub for more information and a workaround when you use hass-core in a Python virtualenv.

2 Likes

Yeah, tried that out and worked like a charm. I actually discovered that my script hadn’t been assigned a random id number but was using my original entity id when I first wrote script months ago. I had forgotten I renamed it, and the renaming process must have failed.

I also found a couple other scripts that were assigned with random numbers and explains why they have given me grief before.

Do you have details on how to replicate vertical-stack-in-card with card-mod?

Has something changed with regards to casting dashboards in this release?

Since updating the release when casting a dashboard from an automation i just get the home assistant - connected display.

I can cast a dashboard fine from the UI, it just seems calling it from an automation is broken.

A new energy graph is very cool! It would be even cooler to get cost graphs next :slight_smile:

It would be so helpful for any kind of optimizations in case of multiple or changing tariffs. In our energy market very cheap price often means surplus production and more consumption helps to keep grid stable. Optimizing only for kWh consumption is a way wrong for the whole system.

Many users here have quite smart setups for car charges, heating and water boiler automation and so on based on energy price but HA still miss good built-in overview to visualize the final cost/saving.

2 Likes

Sure, what do you want to know.

There are many examples in this community so maybe check those? Card-mod thread holds many.

Probably mainly how to get rid of the stack-gap and how to delete box-shadow and widen margins.

That’s about it, here’s an example

1 Like

Is it possible to set the number of columns in a section? I see in the yaml its a grid but even with columns set to 3 or 4 it seems each section is still 2 columns max for me using buttons or vertical tiles. Surely I am missing something?

same here :frowning:

Going to be fix next release: 2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉 - #148 by erikm

Cast problem for me too, Google hub stuck with Nabu Casa “connected” image with the latest version of home assistant.

1 Like

I downgraded to the last Stable version, and it all started working again.

So there is definitley something funny going on in this release with casting. I notice in the detailed release notes there are some changes to cast. Guessing one of these broke it.
Shame i was looking forward to this release

use

type: horizontal-stack
cards:

… And some card-mod :slight_smile:

type: tile
entity: binary_sensor.asusr_wan
hold_action:
  action: more-info
hide_state: true
name: []
icon_color: orange
card_mod:
  style:
    ha-tile-icon$: |
      .shape {
        border-radius: 10px !important;
        height: 50px !important;
        width: 50px !important;
        margin-top: 10px !important;
        margin-bottom: 5px !important;
        margin-left: -5px;
        margin-right: -5px;        
      }
    .: |
      ha-card: {
        height: 50px;
        width: 40px;
      }
      :host {
        height: 50px;
        margin-left: 10px;
      }

Another example ( I dont use )
So i don’t paste the whole code, i guess you can count

type: tile
entity: binary_sensor.ds2_door
hold_action:
  action: more-info
hide_state: true
name: []
icon_color: orange
card_mod:
  style:
    ha-tile-icon$: |
      .shape {
        border-radius: 10px !important;
        height: 40px !important;
        width: 30px !important;
        margin-top: 10px !important;
        margin-bottom: 5px !important;
        margin-left: -5px;
        margin-right: -5px;        
      }
    .: |
      ha-card: {
        height: 40px;
      }

2024.2.4 works again if you downgrade.

Raised an issue on GitHub for it

Possibly…what is at_date ? That may be what its complaining about.

Thanks for looking into this.
at_date is part of the suntime module, so it’s internal to python, not mine.

I’ve got a confirmation at stack overflow that this is a bug introduced into python 3 days ago. A bug report has been submitted already, so I’ll just wait for it to be solved in the next release.

Python is broken for many, for me it was modbus, for others they are in the comments here. I raised a bug report to the modbus dev

1 Like

Yes Python is not working its causing the modbus core intergration to not work

Yes I just noticed the same thing. Different timezone though

Check your logs. Seems to be a massive issue with the Python library

1 Like