2024.3: Drag 'n Drop it like it's hot! 🎉

Read the full release announcement here
11 Likes

state_translated - this is nice. Would it be possible to add additional String parameter , something like
{{ state_translated("sun.sun", "custom_message") }}
, so instead of default translation we could use our own custom word/message? If second parameter not defined it could then return default translation.

That’s already been discussed. I can see it being added sometime in the future. Currently it’s not supported. it would look like this state_translated("sun.sun", language='en') or state_translated("sun.sun", 'en')

5 Likes

And I would love to see output from strftime translated. Like {{ now().strftime(‘%A’) }}

That is very unlikely anytime soon. However it may be more likely inside timestamp_custom.

This is the first time ever that I couldn’t resist trying the beta on my production instance (and fear the wrath of my significant other :slight_smile: ). I’ve been trying it out some time and I am blown away by the beauty and ease of use of the new sections view.

Kudos to the team for this and all other improvements!

7 Likes

Love to see changes on the dashboard. Hope it will be as good as everything else you guys did in the past.

Will sections be auto populated like the default dashboard right now? Would love to see all areas with their assigned entities.

Can’t wait for all the other dashboard updates! :tada:

1 Like

The added state_translated function works only with a HA language which is set per a user in HA config. The original plugin of Piotr can give a localized state for another language (should be preloaded, see docs in this repo):

ct_state_translated("sun.sun", "en")

Sometimes it is useful…

2 Likes

I’m not sure it was intended, but I think blank section with no cards visible and blank title should not be a placeholder. Then I can use conditional cards to show certain section or information dynamically. Besides, empty section placeholder doesn’t seem to match design.

And when using conditional cards, it’s also a placeholder when it is disabled by not met conditions. It seems clearly not intended and it should be fixed.

Overall, I love the new release.

2 Likes

Strange, first time since several months, ha can’t find the march update. In the GUI, « check for update » doesn’t find anything… an idea please ? Thank you :grinning:

Release was delayed a bit, in release stream it just showed as finished, so try again.

1 Like

Thks, it’s ok now :wink:

1 Like

For interest, you can see the state of the builds here

and you can drill down for more detail.

6 Likes

The new detailed view for individual devices on the energy dashboard is great! Now I just have to find how can I import my energy history from a csv in HA statistics.

3 Likes

My dashboard has been completed built with yaml as I wanted a title that spanned the page then individual cards underneath. I may need to rethink this approach as the gui and now drag and drop functionality may be winning me over.

have a look at this…

3 Likes

Anyone else still not able to connect Roombas? If you have been successful, please share. Mine have been unusable since 2024.2.3

Cannot add Webmin… Unexpected error for all servers. No SSL.

1 Like

I think this is because I have 2fa enabled in webmin and the integration is not expecting it. So just fails.

I don’t have 2fa. It’s not exposed outside too…