2024.4: Organize all the things!

Being ever greedy, can I have two more grouping functionalities:
Group by label - multiple labels on a single item gets its own group, just like it would work in sql
Multiple groupings - first group by device, then by label

Um, I may be in a small minority here, but I think there was an issue in the 32 bit image: I get into a boot loop with:

from cryptography.hazmat.bindings._rust import (
 ImportError: Error loading shared library /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/_rust.abi3.so: Exec format error

So I suspect the 32 bit version of this library is b0rkenā€¦ :frowning:

Regarding the new Map and Webpage dashboards, how are you supposed to add them? I do not have them as an option in the Add Dashboard menu.

I didnā€™t come up with it, came from balloob himself in beta channel a few days ago.

1 Like

Going into my automations gives me this:

So my existing automations are not showing even though if I open VSCodium they are still there.
Refreshing my browser doesnā€™t change itā€¦

refresh your page. But you just click ā€œadd dashboardā€ then select those dashboards, then configure.

1 Like

look for errors in your logs, did you alter configuration.yaml recently?

Possibly someone having a variation of this problem fairly recently:

After I went to my profile it prompted for a frontend reload. Refresh did not seem to help before but now itā€™s ok, thank you!

Also, I noticed in the livestream that the profile picture should appear in the bottom corner. I just have my initials there, even though I have a picture assigned to my profile. Does this only work for Home Assistant Cloud accounts?

No, that works for any account thatā€™s attached to a person.

1 Like

Hi Petro, I made some changes days ago in the configuration.yaml regarding the recorder.
There are warnings and some errors but they seem not to be related to this.

Donā€™t know if this is normal: upgraded from 2024.3.3 ā†’ 2024.4.0 and it took quite a long time (never had that before like this) to load everything

Thanks for this awesome release. Iā€™m organising my house since b0 and still find ways to optimise :slight_smile:

One question: I love the new lock feature, but is there a card so I can place it on my dashboard?
Or even put it on my home screen on my android phone with this double-check for opening?

1 Like

if you have an issue with configuration.yaml it may not load everything. Post the errors youā€™re seeing.

I really like the idea of labels, but just wondering how flexible you can be with them.

Iā€™d rather not have too many labels so would prefer to use combinations. For example, I could label all lighting devices, heating devices, security devices, etc. I could also add labels for, say, people, events, etc.

What Iā€™d really like to do is to be able to use multiple labels as selectors when running actions in automations - e.g. turn on devices with labels of Lights and Christmas - rather than have lots of labels such as Christmas Lights, BBQ Lights, ā€¦

I can see that I can select using a label, but not using a combination - e.g. Lights AND Christmas or Lights, but NOT Christmas.

Probably not that easy - is there some way of maybe using a template to select based on combinations of labels?

3 Likes

the only way to do not with labels in the target selector is with templates.

As you probably have more pressing issues to handle, Iā€™ve backed down to the 2024.3 docker image for now and as expected it runs fine. Let me know if you want me to file a proper bug report for this.

Hiya, Feedback to the team.

Thanks for the hard work - good work Bram.

Enjoying the updates, need to seriously look at my ā€˜wantā€™ list as you seem to be crossing them all of lately.

3 Likes

Hi there.

Anyone knows if labels can be assigned in YAML, or is it UI-only?

Thanks a lot.

2 Likes

UI only, just like areas and floors. If your yaml entity has a unique_id, you can add it to the yaml entity via the UI.

1 Like

being able to do this:

and not having to go to the dev tools states (horrid response) to add a filter ā€˜statusā€™ is very nice indeed, and allows me to do away with some auto-entities cards that were doing heavy lifting.

nice.
o, and finally being able to do away with Maps in the menu and still use default_config (though I am not sure that isnt browser dependentā€¦)

made me discover this page is very much out of date and doesnt list a lot of integrations thats are included Default Config - Home Assistant

needs some editing

ofc it could also be that after Move core fundamental components into bootstrap by frenck Ā· Pull Request #105560 Ā· home-assistant/core Ā· GitHub the documentation on those moved integrations (to bootstrap) has not been updated, as they still mention them being part of default_integrationā€¦

2 Likes