2024.5: Just a little bit smaller

Open an issue on GH with attached diagnostics file and debug log for Shelly integration.

1 Like

Same issue as a few others here since upgrading to 2024.5.X. Everything goes well for a few hours then very high CPU usage that limit access to the frontend and makes troubleshooting difficult. I finally got a prolonged high CPU usage overnight and it appeared to be related to the Amcrest integration for me. Checking the open issues I found an issue with a PR for what I’m experiencing, so waiting for 20204.5.2 to hopefully fix it for me.

I disabled it, but the behavior of HA didn’t change even without IPMI. I threw out IPMI completely, so I can’t open a ticket at the moment. Thank you for such great comments and thanks for nothing too.

4 Likes

You didn’t tell us you had disabled ipmi. You said you disabled “different integrations” which is meaningless.

Meanwhile the author of ipmi is blissfully unaware.

My pleasure by the way.

has anyone seen the following? I’m getting it maybe once or twice a day - also unsure how to work out the triggers…

Specifically watchdog restarting homeassistant …

2024-05-06 09:00:26.364 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Auth request from 'core_mosquitto' for 'mqtt'
2024-05-06 09:00:26.929 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Successful login for 'mqtt'
2024-05-06 09:05:56.216 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.api] Updated Home Assistant API token
2024-05-06 09:13:01.790 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.websocket] Connection is closed
2024-05-06 09:13:05.923 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Watchdog found Home Assistant failed, restarting...
2024-05-06 09:13:05.941 INFO (SyncWorker_4) [supervisor.docker.manager] Starting homeassistant
2024-05-06 09:13:06.092 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
2024-05-06 09:13:09.402 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state running
2024-05-06 09:13:09.514 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete

Hi,

Shortly after release I reported my Shelly Gen1 devices didn’t reconnect after upgrading to 2024.5. This is now a recurrent problem - after any HA restart (e.g. after upgrading to 2024.5.1, after a HACS update, after a config update, etc) there is a better than average chance that some of the Shelly devices fail to reconnect.

I’ve found a similar issues here: No Shelly connections after 2024.3.0 HA upgrade - #14 by BenZoFly

And posted this update:

So a similar thing here. Everything was PERFECT and ROCK SOLID for at least 18 months…then I install 2024.5 and on restart half my Shelly devices Gen1 are offline…a restart of HA doesn’t not return them, nor does a full reboot, not does just ‘waiting’. However, going to Settings > Integrations > Shelly and then for each Shelly device (I have 38) going Reload causes the Shelly to come back on line. It doesn’t need me to touch the Shelly devices themselves, the reload operation immediately restores the connection.

I do not know what has changed, it is almost like the new “fast startup” stuff that has been added is not allowing enough time to restore everything… I have a mix of Shelly devices, all Gen1, all with no cloud service, all hardcoded to talk directly to HA. Some will connect correctly, others do not. I’m not certain yet if it is the same ones that fail on restart or a random selection. But it wasn’t like this before! :frowning:

The logs have this:

2024-05-06 11:50:37.929 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shelly] Error fetching Shelly-ConservatoryLights data: Error fetching data: DeviceConnectionError()
2024-05-06 11:50:37.958 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shelly] Error fetching Shelly-Ensuite-Floor data: Error fetching data: DeviceConnectionError()
2024-05-06 11:50:38.825 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.shelly] Error fetching Shelly-Bathroom data: Error fetching data: DeviceConnectionError()

And yet reload re-establishes a stable connection until the next restart…so there is no actual connection problem…

1 Like

Do you have coiot set up properly?

And can you please point to your GitHub issue.

Velux integration is out of order with this release as confirmed here

Were the Unifi and Unifi Protect integrations not fixed in 2024.5.1?

I still received the same error and I cannot authenticate.

Just as an FYI, Velux Integration w. KLF200 is working fine for me regarding Velux Skylight shades and 2024.5.1

always had to re-authorize to Synology DSM regularly, but as of late is needs to be done upon each and every powerup (of the NAS).

wonder if other users see this too, and, if it has to do with the recent changes in core.
Dont have any logs yet, well, besides this:

synology_dsm.exceptions.SynologyDSMLogin2SARequiredException: {'api': 'SYNO.API.Auth', 'code': 403, 'reason': 'One time password not specified', 'details': 'Two-step authentication required for account: homeassistant'}

and the popup notification

I havent changed the login system on my Synology, so wonder why HA needs this now.
Suppose I could take out the 2FA, but that seems the wrong fix…

Note: I dont run HA on my Synology NAS, I merely have HomeAssistant connect to it and check its vitals…

I love the new Tile card for Locks with unlatch (open door) function!

The card did not work 100% with version 2024.5.1. It worked, but it was not possible to add feaures, IE the lock, unloack and Open door buttons. Version 2024.5.2 fixed that.
(Nuki 3.0 Pro lock FW 3.9.5 connected with WIFI/MQTT)

I like the new category-feature within the automations, but how do I remove a category?

open the filters, expand category, click 3 dots → remove

1 Like

Starting from 2024.5, my Shelly 3EM is also acting weird.
I must say that, as it usually reports some reactive power here at home, I had to do some templating kung-fu to compute a sanitized value of the power (basically, 100*power/power_factor). All perfect for more than a year till May 2nd, when I installed 2024.5. After that, I started seeing unreasonable spikes in power consumption (see screenshots below, where it gets -50000KW and +40000KW :slight_smile:).
I was forced to adjust my templates to filter aways those unreasonable values (negative and super-high power), so I’m pretty much good now, but still there’s something fishy that needs to be fixed I guess.

otoh, my Shelly 3EM has been working flawlessly so far, without any kung-fu.
For info it’s still running on firmware 1.12.1 of 2022, per “if ain’t broke, don’t fix it” principle, and I’m using it via the Shelly integration.
So it might be something specific to your config.

HI,
same here. The newest version of HomeAssistant 2024.5.2 shows the following errors:
a.) "relative lightning seems not to work any more.

b.)
After second boot the errors are much less; before the boot (directly after update) I saw many shelly errors. Than I rebooted, and in the error only this is left

2024-05-08 07:39:36.754 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration waste_collection_schedule which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:36.755 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration hacs which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:36.755 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration enigma which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:36.756 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration dwd_weather which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:36.756 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration relative_brightness_light_group which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:36.757 WARNING (SyncWorker_2) [homeassistant.loader] We found a custom integration espsomfy_rts which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant
2024-05-08 07:39:37.705 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Platform error: cover - No module named 'custom_components.relative_brightness_light_group.cover'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 1439, in _async_load_and_validate_platform_integration
    platform = await p_integration.integration.async_get_platform(domain)
               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1074, in async_get_platform
    platforms = await self.async_get_platforms((platform_name,))
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1151, in async_get_platforms
    import_future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1121, in async_get_platforms
    await self.hass.async_add_import_executor_job(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1064, in _load_platforms
    platform_name: self._load_platform(platform_name)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1238, in _load_platform
    cache[full_name] = self._import_platform(platform_name)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1270, in _import_platform
    return importlib.import_module(f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}")
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/loop.py", line 144, in protected_loop_func
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1324, in _find_and_load_unlocked
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'custom_components.relative_brightness_light_group.cover'
2024-05-08 07:39:38.142 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected that custom integration 'hacs' accesses hass.components.frontend. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.9, it should be updated to import functions used from frontend directly at custom_components/hacs/frontend.py, line 68: hass.components.frontend.async_register_built_in_panel(, please create a bug report at https://github.com/hacs/integration/issues
2024-05-08 07:39:39.256 WARNING (ImportExecutor_0) [homeassistant.helpers.typing] HomeAssistantType was used from dwd_weather, this is a deprecated alias which will be removed in HA Core 2025.5. Use homeassistant.core.HomeAssistant instead, please report it to the author of the 'dwd_weather' custom integration
2024-05-08 07:39:44.900 WARNING (ImportExecutor_0) [homeassistant.helpers.typing] HomeAssistantType was used from dwd_weather, this is a deprecated alias which will be removed in HA Core 2025.5. Use homeassistant.core.HomeAssistant instead, please report it to the author of the 'dwd_weather' custom integration
2024-05-08 07:39:44.904 WARNING (ImportExecutor_0) [homeassistant.helpers.typing] HomeAssistantType was used from dwd_weather, this is a deprecated alias which will be removed in HA Core 2025.5. Use homeassistant.core.HomeAssistant instead, please report it to the author of the 'dwd_weather' custom integration
2024-05-08 07:39:47.495 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.frame] Detected that custom integration 'hacs' accesses hass.helpers.event. This is deprecated and will stop working in Home Assistant 2024.11, it should be updated to import functions used from event directly at custom_components/hacs/base.py, line 642: self.hass.helpers.event.async_track_time_interval(, please create a bug report at https://github.com/hacs/integration/issues
2024-05-08 07:40:02.496 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Something is blocking Home Assistant from wrapping up the start up phase. We're going to continue anyway. Please report the following info at https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues: template, climate, timer, cast.media_player, schedule, fritz.binary_sensor, http, bluetooth_adapters, espsomfy_rts.button, camera, kodi, valve, espsomfy_rts.update, ssdp, template.sensor, radio_browser, counter, input_text, unifiprotect.number, switch, cloud.binary_sensor, dwd_weather_warnings, relative_brightness_light_group.light, dlna_dms, mobile_app.notify, unifi.image, hassio.sensor, scene, auth, fritz.device_tracker, google_translate, shelly, notify, unifi, version.sensor, shelly.switch, unifiprotect.switch, mqtt.binary_sensor, shelly.climate, number, met.weather, group, shelly.light, shelly.binary_sensor, text, zone, cloud.stt, espsomfy_rts, stt, hacs.sensor, my, media_player, energy, binary_sensor, lovelace, co2signal, squeezebox.media_player, ffmpeg, sun.sensor, person, shelly.button, unifiprotect.button, logger, tts, recorder, map, image_upload, zeroconf, dwd_weather, assist_pipeline, todo, fritz.update, squeezebox, unifi.device_tracker, hassio, upnp.binary_sensor, webhook, fritz.switch, blueprint, utility_meter, utility_meter.sensor, frontend, conversation, unifi.sensor, fritz.sensor, unifi.update, device_automation, hassio.update, unifiprotect.camera, dwd_weather.weather, cloud.tts, input_select, bthome.sensor, dwd_weather_warnings.sensor, mqtt, unifi.switch, analytics, cloud, shopping_list, dwd_weather.camera, script, hacs, mobile_app.sensor, fritz.image, default_config, version.binary_sensor, automation, espsomfy_rts.cover, bthome.event, lock, unifiprotect.text, hardware, select, dhcp, button, met, unifiprotect.light, intent, upnp.sensor, upnp, tag, kodi.media_player, co2signal.sensor, energy.sensor, espsomfy_rts.switch, hassio.binary_sensor, fritz.button, mqtt.sensor, homeassistant.scene, network, shelly.cover, mobile_app, bthome.binary_sensor, repairs, input_datetime, trace, unifiprotect.sensor, shelly.valve, system_health, cover, persistent_notification, event, sensor, bluetooth, unifiprotect.lock, application_credentials, api, homeassistant, image, cast, system_log, shopping_list.todo, unifiprotect.select, shelly.event, rest, input_boolean, fritz, logbook, unifi.button, shelly.update, unifiprotect.media_player, weather, homeassistant_alerts, device_tracker, mobile_app.device_tracker, rest.sensor, media_source, mobile_app.binary_sensor, wake_word, espsomfy_rts.sensor, unifiprotect, update, hacs.update, google_translate.tts, input_button, backup, history, stream, shelly.sensor, unifiprotect.binary_sensor, bthome, onboarding, usb, version, config, diagnostics, input_number, search, file_upload, espsomfy_rts.binary_sensor, group.cover, sun, dwd_weather.sensor, light, websocket_api The system is waiting for tasks: {<Task pending name='Task-1997' coro=<async_discover() running at /usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/pysqueezebox/discovery.py:98> wait_for=<Future pending cb=[Task.task_wakeup()]> cb=[set.remove()]>}
2024-05-08 07:40:05.651 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.kodi.media_player] Unable to connect to Kodi via websocket

not to me…
SError: [Errno 113] Connect call failed (‘192.168.1.32’, 51200)

and my KLF200 is working and well connected to the lan… no problem with 2024.4

2024.5.2 is working better here.

2024.5.0 and .1 are running with high CPU and stucks at all so I can’t operate on frontend. With 2024.5.2 it seems OK now, also with some custom integration with debug errors or open necessary adjustments.

Someone else having problems with the crownstone integration?
After the latest update 2024.5.2 the integration broke and reloading it doesn’t solve it.